Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex isn't going anywhere, Tanny could get help, regime gets 1 one year...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Stay out of my thread *******, isn't your "look at me thread" not getting enough attention? That's all you want right?
    Oh, this is "your" thread? I didn't realize we could own our own threads. Can you sell banner ads? Make money?

Do me a favor, Mr. Mythread- can you cull down War And Peace into a few sentences so that I can rip your Blind Homer thought processes to shreds? Or shall I just assume that I know what it's all about and take random shots until I hit the target? Up to you.

SAR I

All League
    Let me ask you, should the Giants blow it up? Should the Steelers blow it up? Don't they have many of the same cracks the Jets had this year?
    They at least always seemed prepared and the CURRENT HCs of those respective teams you mentioned have EARNED their ticket to stay on the bus by having appeared in 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls.
    Those teams also don't get blown out giving up 40 or 50 point games to opponents despite having a Mad Scientist Defensman like Rex.

Rex has done nothing but provide plenty of wisecracks about the Jets and hasn't won Jack$hit while here in 4 years!!!!

At least Herm back pedaled into a AFC East Division Title by his 2nd year. I HATE Herm
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 12-23-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Sanchez deserves one more shot, after a retooled offense this off-season, and it should start with re-signing Braylon Edwards, it's clear he is a player at WR that this team has missed all year. He's not even 100% out there and his impact and presence is obvious, the team has missed that all year when Holmes went down.

-------------------------------------------------

On offense, a healthy Edwards would be a huge addition, to be partnered up with a healthy and returning Holmes, and letting the kid Hill time to develop and grow, it was obvious that Hill has talent, but he was raw, and he needs time to grow, a back seat to Edwards and Holmes would go a long way to giving him time to grow, and would immediately improve the WR position because of Edwards' talent, and Hill's depth. Kerley is a keeper, and the 4 of those players is a nice start at the position.

This is the only part of your post I agree with.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    If this team were healthy, it'd be 12-4.
    I'm sorry, but that is delusional. You can have all the talent in the world, you need COMPETENCE AND DISCIPLINE TO WIN IN THE NFL. REX has shown neither trait over 4 years here now.

Jets Insider VIP
    If you can't see that this team needs to be gutted, then I don't know the hell to tell you. Rex is the only one that I wouldn't be totally against keeping. Provided that he gets rid of Shades and brings in a competent, established offensive mind like Norv Turner and gives him full control of the offense. No more of these dicks who want to "ground and pound" you like it's 1962.

Sanchez is done as...done. This guy has shown nothing to suggest that he deserves a 5th year. Especially when the league is seemingly littered with rookie and 2nd year QB's who are sh*tting all over him.

Get him off my team and the same goes for Tebow. The only QB on the roster that should be retained going into next season is McElroy.

Bring in a cheap veteran QB like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell and draft a rookie in the 2nd/3rd round to groom with an offensive mind like Norv Turner as OC overseeing their development.

Tannenbaum is nothing more than a glorified accountant masquerading as a GM. He basically mortgaged our future for a two year window. A risky stategy that in itself should get you fired if it fails.

It did.

He's made some seriously silly ass decisions over the past two offseasons. The Sanchez extension was one of the biggest blunders in recent memory. What the hell was the reason for this? To console an overly sensitive, fragile little QB's feelings because we flirted with one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game?

Get his ass out of here and bring in someone with a football background. Someone with an expertise in scouting football talent.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 12-23-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

^ I want Matt Moore, too, Untouchable.

Save some popcorn for me, Ragu.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Oh, this is "your" thread? I didn't realize we could own our own threads. Can you sell banner ads? Make money?

Do me a favor, Mr. Mythread- can you cull down War And Peace into a few sentences so that I can rip your Blind Homer thought processes to shreds? Or shall I just assume that I know what it's all about and take random shots until I hit the target? Up to you.

SAR I
    You once told me to not respond to you, to stay out of your threads, that you would report me to any mod who would give you a second of their time to humor your pathetic whiney egotistical punk ass...

I guess that didn't work out to well, huh jackass?

You are a self-aggrandizing prick, stay the **** out of my threads, and GFY!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    If this team were healthy, it'd be 12-4.
    remember Rex saying.... Who'd we lose to?

You once told me to not respond to you, to stay out of your threads, that you would report me to any mod who would give you a second of their time to humor your pathetic whiney egotistical punk ass...

I guess that didn't work out to well, huh jackass?

You are a self-aggrandizing prick, stay the **** out of my threads, and GFY!
    What is this thread about? Is two sentences too much to ask after you've written a novel?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If you can't see that this team needs to be gutted, then I don't know the hell to tell you. Rex is the only one that I wouldn't be totally against getting rid of. Provided that he gets rid of Shades and brings in a competent, established offensive mind like Norv Turner and gives him full control of the offense. No more of these dicks who want to "ground and pound" you like it's 1962.

Sanchez is done as...done. This guy has shown nothing to suggest that he deserves a 5th year. Especially when the league is seemingly littered with rookie and 2nd year QB's who are sh*tting all over him.

Get him off my team and the same goes for Tebow. The only QB on the roster that should be retained going into next season is McElroy.

Bring in a cheap veteran QB like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell and draft a rookie in the 2nd/3rd round to groom with an offensive mind like Norv Turner as OC overseeing their development.

Tannenbaum is nothing more than a glorified accountant masquerading as a GM. He basically mortgaged our future for a two year window. A risky stategy that in itself should get you fired if it fails.

It did.

He's made some seriously silly ass decisions over the past two offseasons. The Sanchez extension was one of the biggest blunders in recent memory. What the hell was the reason for this? To console an overly sensitive, fragile little QB's feelings because we flirted with one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game?

Get his ass out of here and bring in someone with a football background. Someone with an expertise in scouting football talent.

""I chose to believe the current regime deserves a chance to right the ship, and based on 2 AFCCG's, they deserve that opportunity"

Martyball took the Browns to two AFC Championship games as well, with nothing to show for it. You guys had son of Martyball, called for his head, got him replaced, and have nothing to show for it. How patient should Jets fan be? I agree with Mike Greenberg-retool the entire outfit from top to bottom.

My hope is that the Browns are about to begin doing what you guys SHOULD have been doing since 2011.

What is this thread about? Is two sentences too much to ask after you've written a novel?

SAR I
    It's about something you know nothing about.

32green nailed you to a tee, you're nothing but a blowhard, you go to the games, you sit on your hands, you are a phony windbag, then you come here thumping your chest pretending to be something you aren't all the while feeding your oversized ego, all because you are a lonely prick in real life and nobody gives you the time of day, unless it's on a message board.

Have your secretary read it for you, you might learn something. And when she's done, ask her to stick it up your ass for me.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by anscochrome View Post
    ""I chose to believe the current regime deserves a chance to right the ship, and based on 2 AFCCG's, they deserve that opportunity"

Martyball took the Browns to two AFC Championship games as well, with nothing to show for it. You guys had son of Martyball, called for his head, got him replaced, and have nothing to show for it. How patient should Jets fan be? I agree with Mike Greenberg-retool the entire outfit from top to bottom.

My hope is that the Browns are about to begin doing what you guys SHOULD have been doing since 2011.
    It's sad when a BROWNS fan comes aboard and relates to your team sucking as bad as their's. See Ray Ray? Your support of the regime seems blind and unwarranted. And BTW, I did answer your question regrading the Steelers & @$$Giants

Practice Squad
    I couldn't agree with you more! Great post! Our Offense needs major changes, but if you listen to the media and most posters here, you would think we have 1 or 2 wins. I would like to see Tannenbaum in a different role, and a new OC. We need playmakers on O!

It's about something you know nothing about.

32green nailed you to a tee, you're nothing but a blowhard, you go to the games, you sit on your hands, you are a phony windbag, then you come here thumping your chest pretending to be something you aren't all the while feeding your oversized ego, all because you are a lonely prick in real life and nobody gives you the time of day, unless it's on a message board.

Have your secretary read it for you, you might learn something. And when she's done, ask her to stick it up your ass for me.
    Look, you took an hour to write a mini-series, the least you can do is create a two or three sentence summary for the thousands of JI members who are not going to read whatever it is you wrote.

Just give me the three-sentence summary. Let's go. Do it.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    They at least always seemed prepared and the CURRENT HCs of those respective teams you mentioned have EARNED their ticket to stay on the bus by having appeared in 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls.

Those teams also don't get blown out giving up 40 or 50 point games to opponents despite having a Mad Scientist Defensman like Rex.

Rex has done nothing but provide plenty of wisecracks about the Jets and hasn't won Jack$hit while here in 4 years!!!!

At least Herm back pedaled into a AFC East Division Title by his 2nd year. I HATE Herm
    Prepared?

The Giants were blitzed 34-0 last week, and 33-14 today to a team that has been in a tail spin of their own. They looked prepared to you?

Look, you took an hour to write a mini-series, the least you can do is create a two or three sentence summary for the thousands of JI members who are not going to read whatever it is you wrote.

Just give me the three-sentence summary. Let's go. Do it.

SAR I
    I told you what to do.

**** off!

It doesn't matter if they stay or go. What's clear is the Jets don't have a great management team with a plan to build a SB winner and it's highly unlikely that Woody can put a better team together.

When BB blew the coop it was over. Rex stays or goes doesn't matter. There are pluses to continuity and minusus to continuity. When you have an owner who doesn't have the ability to put together a first class football management team it really doesn't matter that much.

Jets Insider VIP
    This has the makings of a fantastic thread. Keep it up