Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Rex isn't going anywhere, Tanny could get help, regime gets 1 one year...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You and I have been around and around with this

But how can you seriously expect to right the ship, and turn things around this season when losing Revis and Holmes....tough to overcome.

BUT, it's next to impossible to overcome a 4th year QB turning into mush. This team, although not great, can not be graded fairly with the type of QB play we've had.....the offense is a mess, and the defense is over worked because of the turnovers
    And who is ultimately responsible for that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Ray, you're not doing yourself any favors by essentially saying FU to anyone who disagrees with you.

The bottom line is that there is no rationale basis to argue that Tannenbaum should continue as GM. Not even Woody supports him staying in that capacity.

So with you arguing he should there is of course going to be a harsh reaction.
    Why does a longtime diehard Giant fan care??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

SMC is one of the best posters on this board.

It's the attacking/accusatory/name-calling posts that drive the good posters away.

Sorry Ray, you are way off the mark on this one. In spite of our cap situation changes MUST and will be made. You know, I wanted Mark gone last year, thought he showed just what he was and was ever going to be. Yet, new OC a commitment to improve and straighten out the mess from last season, against my better judgement I say to myself what the hell give it one more year. If we would have dumped Mark last year we could have gotten a decent pick and save ourselves from that damned salary extension. Instead we got the circus that is the NYJets this year and the continuing mismanagement that has turned this team into a laughing stock.
    This fan would rather lose 9 or 10 games next year with a group of young and up and coming kids and a select group of veterans heading in the right direction, rather then try to salvage any of this mess from the last two years. Then when 2014 rolls around we should be in very good cap shape to add a select few FA's in areas of need with a few good draft picks.
    Oh speaking of draft picks, new GM should be of the mind that, the absolute last resort is trading draft picks. Personally I believe this has been a huge flaw in how we go about our business.

Jets Insider VIP

Hey, it's New York sports. We all gotta love it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Sorry Ray, you are way off the mark on this one. In spite of our cap situation changes MUST and will be made. You know, I wanted Mark gone last year, thought he showed just what he was and was ever going to be. Yet, new OC a commitment to improve and straighten out the mess from last season, against my better judgement I say to myself what the hell give it one more year. If we would have dumped Mark last year we could have gotten a decent pick and save ourselves from that damned salary extension. Instead we got the circus that is the NYJets this year and the continuing mismanagement that has turned this team into a laughing stock.
    This fan would rather lose 9 or 10 games next year with a group of young and up and coming kids and a select group of veterans heading in the right direction, rather then try to salvage any of this mess from the last two years. Then when 2014 rolls around we should be in very good cap shape to add a select few FA's in areas of need with a few good draft picks.
    Oh speaking of draft picks, new GM should be of the mind that, the absolute last resort is trading draft picks. Personally I believe this has been a huge flaw in how we go about our business.
    This actually may be the ideal year to trade DOWN and accumulate as many picks as possible and hope you find some diamonds in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You and I have been around and around with this

But how can you seriously expect to right the ship, and turn things around this season when losing Revis and Holmes....tough to overcome.

BUT, it's next to impossible to overcome a 4th year QB turning into mush. This team, although not great, can not be graded fairly with the type of QB play we've had.....the offense is a mess, and the defense is over worked because of the turnovers
    And yet some here say Sanchez can't be graded fairly because of the skill position players around him. So I guess you really just can't grade the Jets at all. Let's just give them an incomplete, maybe with a little gold star at the top of the report card to make them feel better about themselves. No way anyone gets a failing grade. Bring back all the teachers and students.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-26-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

It's the attacking/accusatory/name-calling posts that drive the good posters away.
    And you qualify as probably the number one poster at this art form

Jets Insider VIP

LOL. The irony.

How many bannings are you up to?

Jets Insider VIP
    Rah Rah 15 years ago

"Kotite isn't going anywhere, Steinberg could get help, O'Donnell can be salvaged, regime gets one more year."

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Rah Rah 15 years ago

"Kotite isn't going anywhere, Steinberg could get help, O'Donnell can be salvaged, regime gets one more year."
    One can only imagine the nutty things he's posted/said about this team over the years. I love his analysis of our drafts v. our rival teams every year too. Every guy we take is going to be an absolute stud and was a complete steal where we got them, while every guy the Pats/Phins/Bills take it destined to be a huge bust and was a terrible reach. The guy is as predictable as a clock striking midnight once a day.

LOL. The irony.

How many bannings are you up to?
    lol

You mean like yourself, whose ONLY contribution to this thread was to derail it in the same attacking/accusatory/agenda driven style you're well known for...

Good, I'm glad, acknowledgement is the first step.

Rah Rah 15 years ago

Shut it, fantasy sports dork.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Ray, you're not doing yourself any favors by essentially saying FU to anyone who disagrees with you.

The bottom line is that there is no rationale basis to argue that Tannenbaum should continue as GM. Not even Woody supports him staying in that capacity.

So with you arguing he should there is of course going to be a harsh reaction.
    You're wrong, I have already responded in kind to people who have disagreed with me, that isn't the issue

It is the *******s on the board that jump in with nothing but their agenda of being an *******!

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    All good.

Did you think the team had a flaw in how they went about their business in 2009-2011?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Rah Rah 15 years ago

Look up his posts on JI from the Herman Edwards era, its the same thing.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You're wrong, I have already responded in kind to people who have disagreed with me, that isn't the issue

It is the *******s on the board that jump in with nothing but their agenda of being an *******!
    Is your way-too-lengthy opening post really summarized as:

"The Jets had injuries and that's why we didn't win the 12 games I predicted"?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Look up his posts on JI from the Herman Edwards era, its the same thing.

SAR I
    Yes, please do.