Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex isn't going anywhere, Tanny could get help, regime gets 1 one year...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Since when are you offended by verbose?

You are as pedantic as anybody on here?

I see a lot of responses about "defending" the regime, I'm hardly doing that, I'm acknowledging the state of the team with their direction, what I'm suggesting is they deserve a year to right the ship, why is this so hard to fathom by some?

The reason is, we have too many fans who can't think past their *******s, and the answer is always blow it up when it isn't going right, even if it is for one year.

Like I said, fans better wake up, it will NEVER get done with that mindset, and with that kind of expectation on any regime brought in.
    For me, it's because that's what Rex and Tannenbaum were supposed to do this year, "right the ship" after last season's meltdown. What, everyone forgot Rex' speech about not having had the pulse of the team last year? How he'd work harder at grasping both sides of the ball? That Tannenbaum went into this season without correcting many of the team's glaring deficiencies. I didn't.

I don't want to throw away another season under their "leadership", as I believe they do not possess the tools to succeed. IMO, we need to identify those to whom we will entrust stewardship of this franchise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when are you offended by verbose?

You are as pedantic as anybody on here?

I see a lot of responses about how I'm "defending" the regime, I'm hardly doing that, I'm acknowledging the state of the team with their direction after this season, I'm also suggesting why this is the case, and why we should temper our dissatisfaction. I'm also suggesting they deserve a year to right the ship, why is this so hard to fathom by some?

The reason is, we have too many fans who can't think past their *******s, and the answer is always blow it up when it isn't going right, even if it is for one year.

Like I said, fans better wake up, it will NEVER get done with that mindset, and with that kind of expectation on any regime brought in.
    I think it is time we increased your meds... See you next week at the same time.

The Doctor

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    For me, it's because that's what Rex and Tannenbaum were supposed to do this year, "right the ship" after last season's meltdown. What, everyone forgot Rex' speech about not having had the pulse of the team last year? How he'd work harder at grasping both sides of the ball? That Tannenbaum went into this season without correcting many of the team's glaring deficiencies. I didn't.

I don't want to throw away another season under their "leadership", as I believe they do not possess the tools to succeed. IMO, we need to identify those to whom we will entrust stewardship of this franchise.
    I understand this response, I can't refute it, or defend the results of this past season. But why is it so hard to understand that it's difficult for any team in the league to perservere with the injuries this team has had this past season? Add to that, the Tebow dynamic, the repulsive and obsessive media attention on the topic and the chemistry that was ruined?

The Tebow move could have worked, with a healthy roster, with a healthy offense, if Holmes and Keller had been healthy all year, had Hill and Kerley didn't get injured and miss games, had McKnight not disappointed and got injured, had Powell had not missed half the season, and the list goes on. It could have worked, but it didn't, and the media drove the entire thing into the ground.

I think for football reasons, the regime thought they could do something with Tebow on the team, obviously, that was a disaster, but I can't blame the front office entirely with the media scrutiny of the entire project.

Who is out there that you want to replace this regime that is so worthy of going after? The answer is, nobody, there isn't another regime out there worth "going after" to replace what we have just for the sake of doing so. If there was that GM/Head Coach, I'd understand the response from fans.

But again, the answer is not always "blow it all up" after one bad season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I think it is time we increased your meds... See you next week at the same time.

The Doctor
    How about if you're going to chime in this thread only to act like a complete *******, **** off, and STFU?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone summarize this thread for me. I'm not reading it all, like a damn movie script, ridiculous.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Someone summarize this thread for me. I'm not reading it all, like a damn movie script, ridiculous.

SAR I
    The thread reads, "stay the **** out if you don't have a clue about football, and your only reason for logging into the board is to promote your worthless schtick and boost your own insecure ego.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    There is one major reason this regime can't return. If they return, they aren't looking to build this team for the long haul. Every move they make will be to win next year as their jobs will be on the line. This team needs to build. It's at least a 2-3 year re build here. We have potentially 12 or more positions to fill.

I don't want a desperate regime re building or re tooling this team because they won't do things for the better of the future. It will be desperate moves to win next year and that could set the team back another 3-4 years.

You bring in a new regime and there is no pressure to win right away. Therefore they'll be looking at building the right way and not acting on desperate measures to save their jobs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thread reads, "stay the **** out if you don't have a clue about football, and your only reason for logging into the board is to promote your worthless schtick and boost your own insecure ego.
    Holy Crap

Ray Ray is SAR! This is like the Crying Game!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand this response, I can't refute it, or defend the results of this past season. But why is it so hard to understand that it's difficult for any team in the league to perservere with the injuries this team has had this past season? Add to that, the Tebow dynamic, the repulsive and obsessive media attention on the topic and the chemistry that was ruined?

The Tebow move could have worked, with a healthy roster, with a healthy offense, if Holmes and Keller had been healthy all year, had Hill and Kerley didn't get injured and miss games, had McKnight not disappointed and got injured, had Powell had not missed half the season, and the list goes on. It could have worked, but it didn't, and the media drove the entire thing into the ground.

I think for football reasons, the regime thought they could do something with Tebow on the team, obviously, that was a disaster, but I can't blame the front office entirely with the media scrutiny of the entire project.

Who is out there that you want to replace this regime that is so worthy of going after? The answer is, nobody, there isn't another regime out there worth "going after" to replace what we have just for the sake of doing so. If there was that GM/Head Coach, I'd understand the response from fans.

But again, the answer is not always "blow it all up" after one bad season.
    It is they (Rex & Tanny) who pulled the trigger on Tebow, so must bear the brunt of the consequences. They must also accept responsibility for entrusting the offense to Tony Sparano, who--in my mind--was a complete sham and did not possess the skills necessary to direct our offense.

I guess Rex' attempt at "getting more involved" with the offense was hiring a former O-Line coach as our OC. A guy who had never designed an offense before, but had just bombed catastrophically as Miami's HC. All because, in Rex' words, "We were always so impressed with how tough Miami was every time we played them". WTF was Rex thinking? Now, he must pay for his continued poor decision making.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is incredibly DWC-esque in it's homerism and blind optimism. I can't believe any rational Jet fan would buy into the constant drone "It's all the media's fault" and "poor team had to deal with injuries". The Jets have been remarkably unscathed by the Injury bug last year and only managed to go 8-8. Sure there were significant injuries this season, as many other teams have had to deal with now and in the past, and all it did was expose how little depth Tanny and Rex had managed to put on their roster. Injuries happen.

The team's has been trending down significantly since it's two AFCC losses. Why would any rational fan want to give the failures another wasted season. Even DWC would see that's just a waste of a year and delay of the inevitable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just give me 2 or 3 sentences. My manservant has the week off and I've got no one to read that first post that goes on longer than War & Peace.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Just give me 2 or 3 sentences. My manservant has the week off and I've got no one to read that first post that goes on longer than War & Peace.

SAR I
    Without reading this I would say the Media and injuries are the crux of why Ray thinks the season went the way it did.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Without reading this I would say the Media and injuries are the crux of why Ray thinks the season went the way it did.
    Ha ha ha ha ha!

No, please tell me that's not right, that can't be it, that really can't be his thesis?!

Ho ho ho ho ho!
    He he he he he!
    Ha ha ha ha ha!

What a bad fan. Can't even count to twelve.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNamath View Post
    I'm as optimistic about this team as anyone wearing green glasses, but a what point does this statistic get embarrassing to re-hash?
    It's probably the most tired mantra on this board.

It goes hand in hand with the posters who constantly use it as a pom pom.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand this response, I can't refute it, or defend the results of this past season. But why is it so hard to understand that it's difficult for any team in the league to perservere with the injuries this team has had this past season?
    Please spare us all the tired old injury excuse. More excuses after excuses with you.

The Ravens have played the majority of the season without 2 of their 3 best defensive players, one being the undisputed leader of the team, and they managed to win their division, have 10 wins and could finish with 11.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about if you're going to chime in this thread only to act like a complete *******, **** off, and STFU?
    At least he only did so with one post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    There is one major reason this regime can't return. If they return, they aren't looking to build this team for the long haul. Every move they make will be to win next year as their jobs will be on the line. This team needs to build. It's at least a 2-3 year re build here.
    Bingo!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

You and I have been around and around with this

But how can you seriously expect to right the ship, and turn things around this season when losing Revis and Holmes....tough to overcome.

BUT, it's next to impossible to overcome a 4th year QB turning into mush. This team, although not great, can not be graded fairly with the type of QB play we've had.....the offense is a mess, and the defense is over worked because of the turnovers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh God not this again... is there a vomit smiley?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, you're not doing yourself any favors by essentially saying FU to anyone who disagrees with you.

The bottom line is that there is no rationale basis to argue that Tannenbaum should continue as GM. Not even Woody supports him staying in that capacity.

So with you arguing he should there is of course going to be a harsh reaction.