Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex isn't going anywhere, Tanny could get help, regime gets 1 one year...

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    "End the charade", how appropriate.

Maybe you didnt say "more tebow" but the owner and the HC sure did. They said it OVER and OVER telling JETS fans to be patient and they TOTALLY knew what they were doing. Fans had no choice but to believe, even when they were being barraged by the media and other team's fans who claimed the JETS were a "charade."

HOW'D THAT WORK OUT???????

You keep defending the same people who created this CHARADE!!
    Hey Cop, your beloved Steelers... Model organization, right?

Did you know their starting QB raped a girl?

Or how about the bus he threw his offensive coordinator under last week.

Aren't you embarrassed by how the Jets let Tebow put on a uniform? Your model organization Steelers actually let the rapist who threw his OC under a bus publicly to START and play in the game today?????

HOW'D THAT WORK OUT????????

Find another team Cop, END IT!!!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-24-2012 at 01:14 AM.

I would be all for bringing in parcells as an advisor. But Sanchez is fried.

However, to your point, and given the Sanchez contract, he will be around for another season. But I do not believe in giving Sanchez the starting job like in years past. He should participate in a straight up QB competition once and for all, let the chips fall where they may. May the best man win.

He won't prevail. If the Jets are smart, they'll bring in some established veteran. That veteran will surely steal the starting job from Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would be all for bringing in parcells as an advisor. But Sanchez is fried.

However, to your point, and given the Sanchez contract, he will be around for another season. But I do not believe in giving Sanchez the starting job like in years past. He should participate in a straight up QB competition once and for all, let the chips fall where they may. May the best man win.

He won't prevail. If the Jets are smart, they'll bring in some established veteran. That veteran will surely steal the starting job from Sanchez.
    I suggested in my opening post that Sanchez should not be given the job, but earn it in a camp competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Hey Cop, your beloved Steelers... Model organization, right?

Did you know their starting QB raped a girl?

Or how about the bus he threw his offensive coordinator under last week.

Aren't you embarrassed by how the Jets let Tebow put on a uniform? Your model organization Steelers actually let the rapist who threw his OC under a bus publicly to START and play in the game today?????

HOW'D THAT WORK OUT????????

Find another team Cop, END IT!!!
    How many times does OUR HC throw his OFFENSE under the bus???

You really want to go down the road of wrong doings off the field and inappropriate behavior?

You are truly a disaster.

Stop waving those pom poms, Rex and Woody dont deserve them...

How many times does OUR HC throw his OFFENSE under the bus???

You really want to go down the road of wrong doings off the field and inappropriate behavior?

You are truly a disaster.

Stop waving those pom poms, Rex and Woody dont deserve them...
    What a copout response. You ***** and moan and sing praises of the Steelers, yet you shove their **** under a rug....

Your agenda is shameless...

Find a new ****ing team already and shut up!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-24-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    You know What! THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT THERE!!!!

I never said you were wrong, or that I was right. CLEARLY that's a personal issue you got to resolve due to your lack of esteem; it's not Ray Ray 19 vs. THE WORLD! I'm not picking a fight with you, but the diatribe you continue to spew indicates that it IS POINTLESS to converse with you. There have been MORE THAN SUFFICIENT posts explaining why some disagree with your stance, but more importantly, how neanderthal-ian your rationale is comparing foie gras to fertilizer.

Live in your cave misery, one just tries to understand your homerism and realize it's a bitter angry rat in a hole scratching his way out because others disagree and a small few insult you; I now understand why. Whatever, be delusional, good luck, Merry Xmas.

This thread has revealed the serpentine you are in cherry picking responses

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I've seen enough over the past 3 months. Unprepared, undisciplined, out coached. Dominated at home this season 3xs and lose to a lame duck coach/team at home today

This team has got worse since last season.

Rex needs to go. Blow it up. It's time

In the money C Mart as usual...........
    Hahahahaha You guys...Whatever drives home your agenda rather than looking at the facts, objectively.

The Jets got worse? No they didn't. The QB got worse. How can anyone dispute this?

The season starts losing THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL, and our best offensive weapon

Not too many teams can overcome that....yet Rex kept the team in the hunt until week 15

Had Sanchez played just mediocre, we're in the playoffs

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How in the world could you compare the Steelers and the JETS?

Mike Thomlinson and Steeler ownership have class and integrity, it is a large part of the blue print for success in sports and in life.

The same Steelers team who picked up Plax. You know the same player the jets picked up that you said was a team cancer?

Yup, Steelers full of integrity

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Hahahahaha You guys...Whatever drives home your agenda rather than looking at the facts, objectively.

The Jets got worse? No they didn't. The QB got worse. How can anyone dispute this?

The season starts losing THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL, and our best offensive weapon

Not too many teams can overcome that....yet Rex kept the team in the hunt until week 15

Had Sanchez played just mediocre, we're in the playoffs

JonEJet, Rah Rah and the gang

Hall Of Fame
    You bet your bible belt Santa sleigh on a farm in the NC hills I did!

It beats over 90% of the threads on this forum the last several weeks, it beats the useless threads of schticks and personal agendas, and threads of chest thumping from agenda driven fans, doesn't it?
    oh,...in that case....cheers ~ ~

All Pro
    Given the team's cap situation, and the fact that Tanny has been trying to turn over a roster while remaining competitive, he gets another year. I think too many don't realize that Mike T has been trying to revamp this roster for the last two years, but while trying to remain competitive.

The problem this year, by far, has been injuries. Injuries have derailed the team of multiple key players, the nagging injuries to additional key players throughout the year have hurt the offense, it's hurt Sanchez, and it's killed the chemistry of a team that really never had a chance to get started. It began in training camp with multiple WR's out to injury.

IMO, Mike T could take maybe take a diminished role, but I think he gets another year. There isn't another option out there right now, not while this roster is in the middle of turnover, with additional big contracts that will be dumped this off-season, and really I think this regime SHOULD get one more year.

Starting with Rex, there is no reason why he doens't get another year. 4 years is the body of work, 2 very good years, 1 disappointing year, and this year being a bigger disappointment due to injuries, youth having to step up but not being ready yet, and a QB that has regressed. The team played hard throughout the year, they didn't play smart, but they played hard. Today, you have to be braindead to not expect letdown by a team that is now playing for nothing, anybody who cries about the team's effort today, just doesn't get it.

I loved Trevor Pryce's piece, because I think he nails Rex to a T, his faults, and what he needs to do to make the jump to being a successful head coach. Rex will still need to and want to be himself, and he will, but he needs to learn from this, and this will battle harden him, you can already see it in his face the last two weeks, the losing is ripping through him like kidney stones. I love the fact Rex is loyal, and to a fault, but I agree, he needs to harden up.

This is why I think the one man out there that could be a consideration for this team, to come in, help Mike T, but even more importantly, help Rex, to come in and make him realize that in the role of a head coach, it's the most cut throat of any coaching position, Rex needs to get a little tougher, the man that can do that IMO, and be a perfect fit for this team and for this regime, including the front office, is Parcells. Parcells wouldn't come in to coach, he wouldn't come in and take over the front office, but he would get a high ranking front office position and be a direct advisor for Mike T and the front office, and be a direct resource for Rex. It's the perfect fit, a fit that is perfect for this regime, in the state of this team as it is now, to come in and implement immediate toughness just by his presence. Sparano benefitted from this during his first couple of years in Miami, I think Parcells could serve a similar role with the Jets, and given that Parcells has a background with almost everybody on this regime, I could see this happening. Aside from completely blowing it up, Parcells makes sense.

After Parcells, the next move the team needs to make is blow up the offensive coaching staff. I wouldn't mind seeing Sparano stay, and the team bring in a passing coordinator to work with Sparano, which was the intent last year, but finish the job this year. Cavanaugh needs to be the first one out the door, the absolute FIRST one to go. He has done NOTHING in the role he's supposed to serve, this is the biggest move that needs to be made. And if the team really does bring in Parcells, I could see that happen rather smoothly, because Parcells is a Sparano advocate, but realizes the offense needs to be fixed.

I'm not entirely against blowing up the offensive coaching staff, including Sparano, maybe for a coach like Norv Turner, but I think dropping Sparano after one year, with all he's had to endure with the talent on offense available to him each week, due to all the injuries, is unfair after one season.

The Tebow move was a disaster, a move I thought would work, but I didn't realize how pathetic the media was about this guy, and the circus the MEDIA created. That's right, the circus all year long has been the *******s covering this team, I don't think the Jets front office and Rex realized they would push this as much as they did, they probably figured that since Tebow was exposed in Denver, the media would back off, but it only got worse, and to this day, even today, those *******s continue to interview this guy, and he is a NOBODY on the team. The Tebow interview today was painful to watch, and frankly, if the rumor about Tebow taking himself out of the offense is true, he should be deactivated next week. He's gone this off-season, and it can't happen soon enough. Tebow has embarrassed himself, and has proven much of what his former Bronco teammates, and EVEN some of his current Jets teammates have said about him, he really isn't this "special guy" the media wants us to believe, but the Tebow experiment was obviously a failure, and it ruined Sanchez this year.

As for Sanchez, I think he deserves ONE more shot, without a Tebow, and with some players around him that he can trust. Sanchez has been god awful in recent weeks, and yes, overall, his entire year has been a bust. But I will not have my opinion changed that the major reason for all of it, has been the injuries all year, the lack of talent because the young players that are available to him on the field haven't stepped up, the Tebow factor, all of it, has hurt him all year long.

Braylon Edwards said it best, Sanchez has no trust, it took him one week to see that, that he was second guessing himself on every play, his footwork is wrong, his confidence is shot, the decisions are awful, he's not seeing and trusting the field. He's a QB that is struggling, not unlike some of the other bigger name QB's in the league, just look at Rivers all year, he too has struggled because he too hasn't been able to trust the players around him. Eli Manning has been absymal the last several weeks, but for whatever reason, he is getting a free pass from the media because they are too busy being obsessed with crowing over the Jets season.

It's funny, some of the posters here love to point to the Giants and the Steelers about how great their organizations are, yet, both teams are in a tail spin, the Steelers have already droppeed out of the race themselves with another embarrassing loss at home, and the Giants are about to get pushed out themselves.

Too many posters are obsessed with blaming everything under the sun. Sometimes, the answer isn't always blow everything up, and start from scratch. Teams just can't do this every 3-4 years and be successful.

Sometimes we have to endure a bad season, and allow the regime to try to get through it, see how they respond this off-season, see what they do with the product on the field, relative to the team's cap situation, etc.

Fans think they know it all, this isn't fantasy football, sure, we can blame the current regime, that's fair, but blowing it all up is not always the right answer.

Relatively speaking, this regime should get one more year, to dump the bad contracts on players that are now no longer what they were when they were signed, and give this regime a chance to retool.

There isn't a QB in the draft this year that I think is worthy for the team to go after except for maybe Geno Smith or Johnny Manziel, if he's even coming out. There isn't an Andrew Luck, or RG3 in this draft, before this regime is blown up, they deserve a chance to get through some of the mess they created, but a mess that was created due to injuries, due to players not being ready for prime time. Next year, some of these players could be more ready, they could bounce back, they could develop, and then players will come back from injury.

Sanchez deserves one more shot, after a retooled offense this off-season, and it should start with re-signing Braylon Edwards, it's clear he is a player at WR that this team has missed all year. He's not even 100% out there and his impact and presence is obvious, the team has missed that all year when Holmes went down. I wouldn't mind the team bringing in some competition, in addition to McElroy, who I don't think is the answer, maybe the team brings in a Alex Smith, let Smith and Sanchez compete for the job, and together, both are veteran QB's that could both benefit from a chance of scenery. In Smith's case, obviously, it's a move to the Jets, and in Sanchez' case, it's a Tebow free environment with real players around him again to play with.

Rex deserves the opportunity to learn from this past season, and to get healthy players back that were lost early, and all throughout the season. At the very least, we learned that some new emerging players could have a bigger presence next year, Wilkerson, Coples, Davis, Cromartie, a hopefully re-signed Landry, and then of course the return of Revis.

On offense, a healthy Edwards would be a huge addition, to be partnered up with a healthy and returning Holmes, and letting the kid Hill time to develop and grow, it was obvious that Hill has talent, but he was raw, and he needs time to grow, a back seat to Edwards and Holmes would go a long way to giving him time to grow, and would immediately improve the WR position because of Edwards' talent, and Hill's depth. Kerley is a keeper, and the 4 of those players is a nice start at the position.

At RB, McKnight has been a disappointment, we need a playmaker at the position, a player that can hit the home run, but be reliable against the blitz, a player that LT served the last two years, but we missed this year. I'm a Greene fan, but he needs that other player to be a part of a tandem. I think Powell really improved this year, maybe he improves even more this off-season and can have a bigger role on the team next year. I wouldn't be against going in a different direction from Greene, but I think Greene and Powell is a solid tandem, they would be even more effective if we had a passing game, and obviously, our WR's did not do the job this year after Holmes went down.

At TE, Keller virtually missed the entire year, Cumberland isn't a starter, but could probably still serve in a complimentary role. We need an upgrade, we needed a healthy Keller. Does the team re-sign him? Probably not worth the bucks, but how much could Keller command on the market? A healthy Keller would go a long way to helping the offense, and Sanchez. Sanchez has missed a player like Edwards and a healthy Keller all year, maybe just by having those two back healthy is good enough.

Players struggle, getting rid of them is not always the answer. Does Rivers all of a sudden suck? Vick has had no OL to play behind for two years, and this past year was even worse, that was a big reason for the issues down in Philly. Same with Rivers in SD, Vincent Jackson was lost, and there wasn't another player at WR that has been able to step up. Look at Manning with the Giants the last several weeks, does Eli suck now?

The NFL isn't fantasy football, can't just dump coaches and players because it may work on Madden on PS3, continuity is a must, and this regime has already shown they can get it done, they deserve an opportunity to respond. What else is out there? What coach out there should be brought in to replace Rex, and why? Do you really think "that" person is the answer? I don't see a Belichick out there? What else is out there? At GM, who do you bring in to take over the team in the front office? Bill Polian? The guy who failed in Indy? This league is like the economy, it's an adventure of ups and downs, it evolves in cycles, it's not always about the "next" coach, or the "next" QB, sometimes, we need to let these coaches and players try to figure out, give them a chance, they are young, and still growing on the job, but most importantly, they've SHOWN already that they can do it, maybe with the right tweaking.
    See this is what the jets does to people. Make them type nonsense too much time on thier hands to think about foolishness. ass the saying goes "Idle hands make mischieve" I am not buying any of your garbage.... I want change and soon.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    If this team had a QB, it'd be 12-4.
    Fixed it for you

Jets Insider VIP
    Therapy for what?

We all lost this year, the team failed, but the answer shouldn't always be, **** this, and **** that, **** the coach, **** the QB, **** everything, blow it all up.

As fans we need to be smarter than that, we need to understand that there are reasons teams struggle. It's difficult to win in this league, even the best coaches in the history of football all lost at some point, had bad years, etc etc. Turning over the front office and the roster all the time does not help.

I chose to believe the current regime deserves a chance to right the ship, and based on 2 AFCCG's, they deserve that opportunity.
    Therapy for amnesia!

Jets Insider VIP
    I suggested in my opening post that Sanchez should not be given the job, but earn it in a camp competition.
    But we know what you really meant!!!!!

Veteran
    I attack those who chime in the thread strictly to derail it with their crap, just as you are here..

You can go **** off too, you have nothing to add here.
    Have you ever really thought through why it is that people always try and derail your threads?

Only super homer fans can take pride in the fact that "Rex had us playing meaningful games into Week 15" which can also be translated as "the Jets were mathematically eliminated with two weeks to go in a 16-game season." The former sounds a lot better.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-25-2012 at 09:40 PM.

A more objective poster? Using the Giants as an example of relatively is not being objective? They are the defending champs whose team are in a complete tailspin the last several weeks. Their QB, who has been on a HOF path has been pathetic, the defense has been pathetic, they have as many cracks on that team as any team in the league in the last several weeks, how the **** is this not an objective comparison?

What about my post is not objective? Did I not say the Jets have failed? Did the QB not fail? Did I not acknowledge this?

Stop with the "homer" "objective" crap for just a minute, and actually read the damn post.

The comparisons to other teams, coaches who have struggled in the past, players who have struggled in the past, name coaches, and name players, all to make a comparison to the Jets current situation makes COMPLETE sense.

The Jets went to two AFCCG's, you or some will say, so ****ing what, look at them now. But then YOU in the same ****ing post suggest that because the Giants and Steelers have won a SB more recently than the Jets, we should look past their implosion this year? THAT is objective? Complete and utter crap!
    The comparison breaks down there. Winning a Super Bowl gives you leeway, we haven't even been to one. This is like saying Houston is slumping should they axe Kubiak, but then ignoring that they are most likely the #1 seed in the AFC and have had two straight years of great play relative to our non-playoff Jets. The comparison just doesn't hold.

For the record I want to keep Rex and move on from Tanny/Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    The comparison breaks down there. Winning a Super Bowl gives you leeway, we haven't even been to one. This is like saying Houston is slumping should they axe Kubiak, but then ignoring that they are most likely the #1 seed in the AFC and have had two straight years of great play relative to our non-playoff Jets. The comparison just doesn't hold.

For the record I want to keep Rex and move on from Tanny/Sanchez.
    I agree with you here. Nice post.

Rebuilding year

I thought this season was going to be a rebuilding year. I did not see the Jets as a Super Bowl contender. There were just too many holes to fill. The Jets have to do a better job in evaluating talent. How many players came out of the draft the last few years? The team has started a decline. I feel that there needs to be a change in the front office if this team is going to change direction. The front office has made too many mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're completely delusional and out of your mind. You seriously need help.
    +1

This is the guy who actually believes that Sanchez did NOT run into Brandon Moore's ass even though any idiot with eyes could see that's what happened.

Of course, after Rah Rah's delusional spin on Sanchez running into Moore's ass, Moore comes out and says that Wilfork did not push him backwards and Sanchez indeed ran into his ass.