Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks are most complete team in football

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Seahawks are most complete team in football

Wow. This team has no weakness. They have a top 3 RB. They have a QB who is playing so well since about week 6 you can't name 5 guys better. Their o-line is solid as hell. They stop the run. They have a vicious pass rush. Their secondary is great. They are up 42-6 on the Niners and Brandon Browner, arguably their best defensive player, is suspended and did not even play.

I would not want to be in the NFC right now and I really would not want to be the winner of the NFC East.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    False.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They look good, no denying. But this best in football...4 weeks ago it was the Packers...3 weeks ago it was the Texans...2 weeks ago it was the Patriots...1 week ago it was the 49ers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long before this team is a flameout?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    They look good, no denying. But this best in football...4 weeks ago it was the Packers...3 weeks ago it was the Texans...2 weeks ago it was the Patriots...1 week ago it was the 49ers.
    This is how SlickBri rolls... he had the Pats as a guaranteed #1 seed last month... the "unbeatable, unstoppable team of the century" changes week to week.

He needs to write for Bleacher Report, they'd love him. "Seahawks are the most complete team in football" is exactly a headline I expect to read on that site.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-23-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Wow. This team has no weakness. They have a top 3 RB. They have a QB who is playing so well since about week 6 you can't name 5 guys better. Their o-line is solid as hell. They stop the run. They have a vicious pass rush. Their secondary is great. They are up 42-6 on the Niners and Brandon Browner, arguably their best defensive player, is suspended and did not even play.

I would not want to be in the NFC right now and I really would not want to be the winner of the NFC East.
    they seem to have done it through the draft as well.

3 years ago...we were a better team. 2 years of REX and Tanny thinking they walk on water and well, here we are, eating shlt sandwiches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This is how SlickBri rolls... he had the Pats as a guaranteed #1 seed last month... the "unbeatable, unstoppable team of the century" changes week to week.

He needs to write for Bleacher Report, they'd love him. "Seahawks are the most complete team in football" is exactly a headline I expect to read on that site.
    Pats would have been the 1 seed but blew the Niners game. Are you seeing how good the Niners are right now? Remember, they also lost to the Rams recently. But then again, when you can barely beat the Jags, these types of rankings become superficial at best....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I am around the team on a frequent basis, and those guys believe in themselves and each other. They have a coach who's philosophy is nobody is guaranteed any starting position. Every position is open. He went with the better QB, but the guy who makes the most. The Head Coach also believes in a balanced team. Solid Offense, Defense and Special Teams

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st round exit, guaranteed. They won't play playoff games at home.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    1st round exit, guaranteed. They won't play playoff games at home.
    The Redskins D is not good, they have no chance against this offense. RG3 is having a great year but he has played some good Ds and he has not played well. The Steelers blanked him. The Seahawks D is better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Given Sunday, especially in the Playoffs.....Things can turn in a hurry.

The Seahawks would have the same opportunity to go on a SuperBowl run as they would have in getting ousted in the first round.

all it takes is one bad game by Wilson and that's all she wrote.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redskins D is not good, they have no chance against this offense. RG3 is having a great year but he has played some good Ds and he has not played well. The Steelers blanked him. The Seahawks D is better.
    Stat wise, the Steelers defense is better than the Seahawks, vs the run and the pass. Of potential playoff teams, Seattles passing game is about 11th of 12, and their rush D is about 8th of 12. They do run the ball well and defend the pass well, far from the most complete team in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know what the real kicker would be if this team goes on to win the SB and maybe few more after that with a coach that Leon fired, with a QB that Bradway wanted to draft but Tanny and company ignored him and passed on. That would be only something that happens to us Jets fans

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Stat wise, the Steelers defense is better than the Seahawks, vs the run and the pass. Of potential playoff teams, Seattles passing game is about 11th of 12, and their rush D is about 8th of 12. They do run the ball well and defend the pass well, far from the most complete team in the NFL.
    I've watched both play, I do not think the Steelers are better despite the stats. Do not forget the Steelers have had a slew of turnovers this season and given opponents short fields (which keeps down yards per game yielded). Seattle's rush D has not been notable this season but they just snuffed out a great rushing attack tonight. Just eliminated it. The way Wilson is playing I do not see how you could rank their passing offense so low. Yards per game is meaningless, the Seahawks passing efficiency is through the roof

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus their fans are the best in the NFL...they are the 12th man..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the drafts for them in the last few years have been great
    everywhere you go on this team you see drafted players who are good and playing well,getting better

i will try to hire someone from seahawks front office, maybe makde the head of scouting a GM offer.
    this guys find very good players in the 3rd,4rd,5th rounds of the drafts while with the Jets those rounds are throw away

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've watched both play, I do not think the Steelers are better despite the stats. Do not forget the Steelers have had a slew of turnovers this season and given opponents short fields (which keeps down yards per game yielded). Seattle's rush D has not been notable this season but they just snuffed out a great rushing attack tonight. Just eliminated it. The way Wilson is playing I do not see how you could rank their passing offense so low. Yards per game is meaningless, the Seahawks passing efficiency is through the roof
    You can take Seattle's "efficient" passing attack. I'll take the 8 or so passing attacks that are flat out better in the playoffs. We can discuss the 3 or so that are probably similar to Seattle.

You are basing an awful lot off of a game where the opposition was as flat as a pancake, on the road, and without 2 of their most important players. I also wouldn't categorize that as shutting down a run game, the SF run game had to be abandoned.

If you think they are the most complete team, more power to you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    they seem to have done it through the draft as well.

3 years ago...we were a better team. 2 years of REX and Tanny thinking they walk on water and well, here we are, eating shlt sandwiches.
    I have a theory the whole team is doing adderall

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I picked them for the SB before the season. They were getting better and Lynch gets stronger at the end of the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    You can take Seattle's "efficient" passing attack. I'll take the 8 or so passing attacks that are flat out better in the playoffs. We can discuss the 3 or so that are probably similar to Seattle.

You are basing an awful lot off of a game where the opposition was as flat as a pancake, on the road, and without 2 of their most important players. I also wouldn't categorize that as shutting down a run game, the SF run game had to be abandoned.

If you think they are the most complete team, more power to you.
    For those speaking about
    what a good team Seattle is, Remember it
    Wasn't that far back when we dumped Pete Caroll as our HC!