Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The Scandi PlumberKhan

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Scandi PlumberKhan

Swedish man gets disability benefits for addiction to heavy metal

A man in Sweden has been reportedly awarded state disability benefits for his addiction to heavy metal.

According to the Global Post, 42-year-old Roger Tullgren said he consulted three psychologists to testify his addiction to the Devil's Rock, which led to him attending over 300 concerts last year, leaving him seemingly unable to hold down a job.

"I have been trying for 10 years to get this classified as a handicap," he told Swedish newspaper The Local. "I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."

According to the report, he now has a part-time job as a dishwasher at a restaurant in Hassleholm, which will be supplemented by disability benefits. Tullgren's new boss has agreed to let him rock out to Slayer as loud as he wants while scrubbing dishes, so long as it doesn't disturb guests. He has even agreed to grant Tullgren time off to go to gigs.

"I signed a form saying: 'Roger feels compelled to show his heavy metal style. This puts him in a difficult situation on the labor market. Therefore he needs extra financial help'. So now I can turn up at a job interview dressed in my normal clothes and just hand the interviewers this piece of paper," Tullgren said.

Tullgren said he's been hooked on metal since his brother played him a Black Sabbath album when he was a toddler.

link

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lmao!

Sounds legit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    [B]
    Tullgren said he's been hooked on metal since his brother played him a Black Sabbath album when he was a toddler.
    From the sounds of this guy, prolly some back door action involved in this scenario too, but its Christmas, so I'll leave that one alone.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Good; I hope he chokes on Satan's toe cheese.

BTW, Lord of Darkness, you are definitely slipping. Nice minions, chiefy. This is how you will bring the Nordic gods to their knees? I think you forget these freaks are half frozen. Hanging out with you gets them moving around a little; you're kinda like the shuffleboard guy on those exotic cruises (truth be told).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Good; I hope he chokes on Satan's toe cheese.

BTW, Lord of Darkness, you are definitely slipping. Nice minions, chiefy. This is how you will bring the Nordic gods to their knees? I think you forget these freaks are half frozen. Hanging out with you gets them moving around a little; you're kinda like the shuffleboard guy on those exotic cruises (truth be told).
    Eggnog and mushrooms amirite?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get it, choads.

I'll go run along and listen to Coldplay and Jack Johnson like the rest of you ball-less wonders.

Acoustic guitars man. After all. You're my wonder wall-all-all-all.

Sent from a phone using an app

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Eggnog and mushrooms amirite?
    LMAO when I saw your PM I doubled-up on the doses. You were right; it's like 3 hours of Fall Zone without the sore nuts.

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!