Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't Matt Cavanaugh getting any heat?

Why isn't Matt Cavanaugh getting any heat?

I mean come on. The Jet QB group has shown "no" improvement at all over the last several years!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I said this last year and people told me the QB coach is not a big factor. The fact is top QB's always credit their QB coaches because they do play a critical role in the success or failure of a QB.

Veteran
    I thought it was a foregone conclusion that he's gone after the season. I believe Cimini has said as much, too

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I said this last year and people told me the QB coach is not a big factor. The fact is top QB's always credit their QB coaches because they do play a critical role in the success or failure of a QB.
    I was saying the same thing last year as well, you can argue he deserved to be fired more than Shotty.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Huh?

He's drawn heat from the fans for the last 3 years.

I have been saying this for a while, too. A lot falls on Sanchez, but whatever Cavanaugh is teaching isn't sinking in.

But to answer the question about Cavanaugh not getting heat ... If we could poll 100 of the media experts, talking heads, NFL fans, etc., not even half of them could tell you who the Jets QB coach is. Apparently, it's information not needed when formulating their opinion about the team and sad state of quarterback play. It's too easy to say "Blame Tanny!" or "Fire Rex!" or "Sanchez sucks!"

Jets Insider VIP
    He's going out the door right behind Teblow

That's enough heat

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    He's gone. They will go without a QB coach next year if they have to.

Rumor is that nobody wanted his job this past year so they kept him.

I've never understood hiring a QB coach or any QB coach that wasn't worth a **** when they played the game. Just doesn't make sense to me.

All Pro
    Pennington should of been the qb coach 2 yrs ago

Cavacrap is made of Teflon ... Thank god he will be gone !

Because casual fans have no idea who he is.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    I've never understood hiring a QB coach or any QB coach that wasn't worth a **** when they played the game. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Most of the best coaches (any sport) weren't great players.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Most of the best coaches (any sport) weren't great players.
    Yup. I think Peyton Manning would actually be a terrible QB coach... the way he understands the game just can't be imparted to others well, like a genius physicist who is a bad professor. By all reports he has never mentored any of the backups on his teams, to the point of insisting on taking every single rep in practice for his own benefit.

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO he's not getting any heat because it's a forgone conclusion that he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    IMO he's not getting any heat because it's a forgone conclusion that he's done.
    No. He's not getting any heat because he's INVISIBLE to the Public Eye unlike Rex, Tanny, Woody, Sparano, and(to a lesser extent) Mike Pettine.

As someone said, nobody outside the organization would know off the top of their head who the Jets QB coach is without googling it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's gone. They will go without a QB coach next year if they have to.

Rumor is that nobody wanted his job this past year so they kept him.
    That's understandable. Working with the QB's the Jets have on the roster would be like trying to convince somebody to do love scenes with Roseanne.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's shameful. I know he is listed on the website as the QB coach, but has anyone ever seen him on the sidelines, you know, coaching? The website credits him for Mark's red zone improvement last year, and says NOTHING ELSE! Of course that was due to Tom Moore, not any completion percentage improvement or anything like that. If no one else wanted the job they should have just left it vacant for all the 'help' he provided. It is amazing to me the ability of some people to suck down a paycheck with absolutely no results or accountability. Vinny Testaverde's niece could probably do a better job.

He should have been canned before Shotty.

I am assuming this human turd Cavanaugh has some naughty pics of Woody.

No sane employer would keep a guy who has contributed absolutely nothing to the team. Right ?

Because the brain surgeon reporters dont seem to ask rex about it
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathToCaster View Post
    I mean come on. The Jet QB group has shown "no" improvement at all over the last several years!