Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: According to Lisa Zimmerman

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, it's a Festivus Miracle!

Who will start the pole?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL, it's a Festivus Miracle!

Who will start the pole?
    I'll bring the Chex Mix and Tang.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see any koolaid drinkers coming out and defend their so call CAP genius now. Hahahaha

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    I don't see any koolaid drinkers coming out and defend their so call CAP genius now. Hahahaha
    Ha ! It's a Jonestown miracle !!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations

You almost completed your first ever post in correct English spelling and grammar

Almost

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will the GM have complete authority to hire who he wants?

or

will he be told that he must keep the coach and Tannenbaum (in some capacity)?

The answer to those two questions will determine the next half decade or so of this franchise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is good.

And its not a given Rex gets fired. Lovie Smith was retained when Chicago hired a new GM and Holmgren kept Mangini when he went into the Browns front office.

I know you guys might not like him, but Rex is still very respected around the league amongst players, coaches, and front office people.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, bring in a strong GM that will have the resume to tell Woody to butt out from the moment he's hired...an absolute must.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Will the GM have complete authority to hire who he wants?

or

will he be told that he must keep the coach and Tannenbaum (in some capacity)?

The answer to those two questions will determine the next half decade or so of this franchise.
    Imagine YOU or I hit lotto and bought the JETS. Would you be able to totally stay out of the decisions? Woody cant, so I think My vote is in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome news! Buh bye Mikey

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    This is good.

And its not a given Rex gets fired. Lovie Smith was retained when Chicago hired a new GM and Holmgren kept Mangini when he went into the Browns front office.

I know you guys might not like him, but Rex is still very respected around the league amongst players, coaches, and front office people.
    I can live w Rex staying but he should get zero input on personnel, especially on draft picks. He needs to focus on coaching

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I can live w Rex staying but he should get zero input on personnel, especially on draft picks. He needs to focus on coaching
    This would be the ONLY way I could see him staying.

Again, if Woody promotes from within, (Cohen) i can see Rex staying.

Also as discussed in the Pettine thread, Many think he was approached for an extension was a sign that Rex was staying. I think it to be the opposite. They wanted to retain Mike in case Rex is fired. That way the new HC would only have to worry about staffing the offensive side at least for the first season. this would also allow a little bit of continuity on defense allowing a full rebuild of the offense. Since he declined, i think we are in for a major rebuild.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Gonna lol at the people who want Rex gone when they hire Wade Phillips in his place.
    Assuming we'd be looking at Phillips.
    Assuming Phillips would want to leave a great situation he built in Houston.
    Assuming your opinion that we should keep Rex Ryan is the end-all-be-all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, because he's proved to be such a wonderful coach.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you watch SNY, but Lucas has changed his tune on Coples I think. Rex was right on with that pick. I know Schein is onboard with that pick, and he hates almost everything that is not "perfect".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Gonna lol at the people who want Rex gone when they hire Wade Phillips in his place.
    There will always be guys like you. Don't fire Herm, the guy you hire could be worse, don't fire Mangini, the guy you hire could be worse. Don't bench Pennington, who's gonna replace him............on and on and on.

If Rex was not a great defensive mind it would flat out laughable to even consider keeping him. He would have damn near zero value as a coach. He has failed miserably in every aspect of his job with the exception of Defense. He has embarrassed himself and the team countless times. I nearly choked on my dinner laughing so hard at MaineJet's suggestion we hire his brother as DC so Rex can focus 100% on offense. Let's stop him from doing the one thing he's good at so he can focus on doing the thing he's atrocious at. Just brilliant. Enough excuses for the guy. He has failed, move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    There will always be guys like you. Don't fire Herm, the guy you hire could be worse, don't fire Mangini, the guy you hire could be worse. Don't bench Pennington, who's gonna replace him............on and on and on.

If Rex was not a great defensive mind it would flat out laughable to even consider keeping him. He would have damn near zero value as a coach. He has failed miserably in every aspect of his job with the exception of Defense. He has embarrassed himself and the team countless times. I nearly choked on my dinner laughing so hard at MaineJet's suggestion we hire his brother as DC so Rex can focus 100% on offense. Let's stop him from doing the one thing he's good at so he can focus on doing the thing he's atrocious at. Just brilliant. Enough excuses for the guy. He has failed, move on.
    Fire Marty Hire Norv How'd that go?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can not validate this, but I am very confident that on all teams the coaches have input on setting up the board and grading the players. Who decides if the guy can pick up the right reads. All coaches everywhere grade players both at the combine, private workouts and during pro days.

Some owners like the Bengals and Cards have the coaches do more grading than the scouts. Remember you are drafting players to play for a certain coach.
    A loud mouth, boisterious player would be fine for rex, but will be downgraded in by a BB type coach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a longtime Tanny supporter FWIW. I never loved the draft strategy of trading up and giving up picks but I did appreciate his aggressiveness at times.

That said he appears to have a reckless streak. Just the story of how they obtained Tebow was disturbing. Tanny and Rex at the airport get word he was available. Rex harkens back to the game where Tebow pulled off the miracle drive at the end. Says we should get that guy. It seems like they they did no real research, watched no film. They gambled. That is not the type of thorough leadership and decision making that a top notch organization should have. Add in the Sanchez extension and if I were owner I'd say that this guy is being reckless with my money. The Sanchez move was unforgivable IMO. Sprinkle in the absolute disaster of a contract they gave Holmes (were there any other bidders?) and its time to move on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Best Christmas present I'll get this week!