Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: According to Lisa Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Best Christmas present I'll get this week!
    Not if we bring in some yes man.......

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Only way i get rid of Rex is if we can somehow land Sean Peyton,Nick Saban or Cower

Not dropping him for no grudens, marriucci are any guy like that ..

It's time to get a Real Offensive Coordinator tho. One with a imagination sad part is we been saying this since the Pennington days ..
    Thats correct in my opinion. I don't want change just to change. What are you going to get? I will only like to see Rex go for Peyton or Cowher. Cowher is my first choice, make him GM too.

This has been long-overdue...

Get a GM here who knows what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    yippeeeeeeeeeeeee out with the old in the with the new.
    Just like your username. Right, GMC?

Assuming the Jets are intent on keeping Rex as HC. Then someone who might fit in nicely as GM would be Eric DeCosta asst GM for the Ravens. He's been with the Ravens since 96 so he knows and is familiar with Rex , plus he is kind of blocked in the Ravens Org with Ozzie Newsome presumably going nowhere for awhile.

He's been a scout and player personnel director so he's not just a bean counter like Mikey T, he might want to use this "opportunity" as a springboard to making a name for himself in the biggest media market.

Give me young football blood not the retreads like Polian or gasp Bill Parcells.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Assuming the Jets are intent on keeping Rex as HC. Then someone who might fit in nicely as GM would be Eric DeCosta asst GM for the Ravens. He's been with the Ravens since 96 so he knows and is familiar with Rex , plus he is kind of blocked in the Ravens Org with Ozzie Newsome presumably going nowhere for awhile.

He's been a scout and player personnel director so he's not just a bean counter like Mikey T, he might want to use this "opportunity" as a springboard to making a name for himself in the biggest media market.

Give me young football blood not the retreads like Polian or gasp Bill Parcells.
    DeCosta is the heir to the Balt GM spot. plus, evev if he wanted to give up a guaranteed 10-15 years of job security to come here, he was part of the brain trust who didnt trust Rex to replace Billick, instead choosing Harbaugh.

All League
    If we get a new GM, can't see Rex surviving....

First, we need at least 2, if not 3 new coordinators...and who is going to come work with Rex who would be seen as on his 'last chance' to make it? Maybe if they brought in the guy from Baltimore and he praised Rex and gave him an extension? Don't see that happening.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL, it's a Festivus Miracle!

Who will start the pole?
    You know Rex is all over the "feets" of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    DeCosta is the heir to the Balt GM spot. plus, evev if he wanted to give up a guaranteed 10-15 years of job security to come here, he was part of the brain trust who didnt trust Rex to replace Billick, instead choosing Harbaugh.
    And how long do you suppose he waits for Ozzie to step aside Newsome is not ready for retirement anytime soon. Some guys relish the challenge to grab the top spot in a market like New York. Bottom line I don't care if he like's Rex or not , he's someone who we can trust to judge and evaluate talent, and that would be a step in the right direction.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And how long do you suppose he waits for Ozzie to step aside Newsome is not ready for retirement anytime soon. Some guys relish the challenge to grab the top spot in a market like New York. Bottom line I don't care if he like's Rex or not , he's someone who we can trust to judge and evaluate talent, and that would be a step in the right direction.
    A top market like Chicago? He was offered the Bears job and GM money last year and turned it down outright saying he was committed to Baltimore. He's not leaving. He's already paid like a GM as well so it's not about luring him with money.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    A top market like Chicago? He was offered the Bears job and GM money last year and turned it down outright saying he was committed to Baltimore. He's not leaving. He's already paid like a GM as well so it's not about luring him with money.
    Everybody has a price and a location they dream of . Is NY that place for DeCosta only time will tell.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    This is amazing news. THis means he is trying to get a head start on the candidates, and look outside the organization.
    halleluja, Tanny screw ya!

[The first call should be to Bill Polian and he should give him anything he wantsQUOTE=JetsFanatic;4741510]Woody beginning new GM search

https://twitter.com/CBSJets/status/283030164110200834[/QUOTE]

All League
    If Woody is dumb enough to listen to the majority of the fans who don't know crap about running a franchise, and goes after Bill Polian, then he deserves everything that will follow.

Bill Polian, GM genius of the 1980/90s. Bill Polian, benefactor of Peyton Manning, ever since. The had the greatest QB in the histroy of the sport and only won one SB. And we saw what kind of team he built when they didn't have Manning to carry them. So what could we honestly expect from him with our current stable of QBs, even if we had the number one pick in this draft? More failulre.

Woody, how about finding the most qualified guy out there. If its the head of scouting for Houston so be it. If its Ross from the NYG or the head of scouting from Pittsburgh, great. Go out and DO THE WORK that is required to find THE GUY.

We have made enough decisions that were from the seat of our pants (Tebow) where we failed to do our homework and it backfired.

If you want to find the RIGHT GUY, get off your @$$ and do what it requires to find him. Listening to the media who will undoubtedly throw a bunch of dinosaur names or retired coaches up for consideration when in most cases, the media hacks are as dumb as the fans isnt going to turn things around and get this Franchise where it wants to be.