Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: According to Lisa Zimmerman

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    If they are going to bring in a new GM, they have to let the GM pick his head coach.
    Exactly

Let the new GM decide Rex's fate.

We aren't going to attract any worthwhile candidates if they have no say in who the coach is.

If the new guy wants to keep Rex, I'm fine with that. As long as we hire a respected offensive mind to run the offense and he is given complete control. Norv Turner please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I mean I personally think tanny has done some good things over his tenure here.. I'm not gonna completely bash him .. It's definitely time for change..

But I find it funny alot of people bash him are the same people who where loving him for signing guys like Bart Scott , Calvin pace , Santanio Holmes ect.. As far as I'm concerned these where good football moves .. The problem is these guys got paid and got lazy or simply got old . Last I checked these are things tanny can't control .

In end the last yr terrible offseason including the Sanchez extension which probably doesnt happen if you dont flirt with Manning.(But would of been a good football move if we landed him) is what's gonna do tanny him in..

I still think tebow is more a woody thing more than tanny ,Rex thing
    Giving Bart Scott $48M, giving Holmes $50M, giving Sanchez the extension, making David Harris the highest paid ILB in the NFL. And FWIW, no one "loved" the Pace signing; we just needed an OLB that badly at the time, even if we overpaid bigtime. In fact, because of Tanny's negligence, we STILL need an OLB (probably two).

Those are all things Tanny could've controlled.

Keep making excuses for him. The NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately?' league, and lately Tanny's done nothing but kill our team. He needs to be held accountable.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Giving Bart Scott $48M, giving Holmes $50M, giving Sanchez the extension, making David Harris the highest paid ILB in the NFL. And FWIW, no one "loved" the Pace signing; we just needed an OLB that badly at the time, even if we overpaid bigtime. In fact, because of Tanny's negligence, we STILL need an OLB (probably two).

Keep making excuses for him. The NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately?' league, and lately Tanny's done nothing but kill our team. He needs to be held accountable.
    I clearly didn't make any excuses for him ..

But i can't be mad at him when ur competing in a market that sets the players value.. Is easy to talk **** in hindsight . But in reality to get those guys you ethier had to pay the price or some other team would have . But any real football mind wouldn't call acquiring those guys a bad football move especially at the height of there careers ..

And for ****s and giggles could u imagine if he would of let Harris walk especially after his all pro year. Jets nation would have went crazy ..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 12-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.

All League
    Tom Gamble please.

All Pro
    I just hope the new GM keeps Rex. There aren't many coaches out there who go to back to back Championship games...

All League
    Is there a rule in place such as applied to coaching staffs where you can't contact employees of a team who's currently in the playoffs? Or does that not apply to FO guys?

Talking REX LOSES THE TEAM 2 YEARS STRAIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the best news yet. a new gm from outside would probably mean a new hc, new oc and new system, one that may actually emphasize offense.
    THE BEST XMAS EVER-- GET RID OF REX RYAN....and relegate Tanny to other duties as assigned.

Our offensive talent is an embarressment.

All Pro
    Only way i get rid of Rex is if we can somehow land Sean Peyton,Nick Saban or Cower

Not dropping him for no grudens, marriucci are any guy like that ..

It's time to get a Real Offensive Coordinator tho. One with a imagination sad part is we been saying this since the Pennington days ..

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Is there a rule in place such as applied to coaching staffs where you can't contact employees of a team who's currently in the playoffs? Or does that not apply to FO guys?
    You can't contact anyone under contract to another team without permission. I don't believe FO personnel are covered under the rule you sited because they are not involved with prep work for a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

Let the new GM decide Rex's fate.

We aren't going to attract any worthwhile candidates if they have no say in who the coach is.

If the new guy wants to keep Rex, I'm fine with that. As long as we hire a respected offensive mind to run the offense and he is given complete control. Norv Turner please.
    No matter what, people around here are going to claim that Rex was forced on the new GM.

Personally, I think Rex is a very good coach and if he had a good QB, could absolutely win the super bowl. WHen you are hiring a coach, that is all you want.

Secondly, I would bring in GMs and hire the best GM who actually thinks that keeping Rex is the smart move. I don't want the new guy forced to keep Rex, only if believes it's the smart way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Tom Gamble please.

He would be a good choice, he use to work for the Jets, and then let him decide Rex's fate.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Pace was a must sign... And Bart Scott was a good signing as well.

You can't complain about the money given to Holmes unless you were absolutely willing to let him walk. The reports were that he turned down even more money from Washington so it's not like we could have had Holmes at less.

Harris shouldn't have gotten that much money, but he also could have left. Sometimes it's not our choice to sign guys back at discount deals. They either get it from us or they get it from someone else.

The biggest mistake was the signing of Sanchez to a new deal. That didn't have to be done. And you could absolutely blame him for drafting him as well although QB's are damn near impossible to evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I mean I personally think tanny has done some good things over his tenure here.. I'm not gonna completely bash him .. It's definitely time for change..

But I find it funny alot of people bash him are the same people who where loving him for signing guys like Bart Scott , Calvin pace , Santanio Holmes ect.. As far as I'm concerned these where good football moves .. The problem is these guys got paid and got lazy or simply got old . Last I checked these are things tanny can't control .

In the end last yr terrible offseason including the Sanchez extension which probably doesnt happen if you dont flirt with Manning.(But would of been a good football move if we landed him) is what's gonna do tanny him in..

I still think tebow is more a woody thing more than tanny ,Rex thing

My biggest gripe with him is you let some key pieces go for no reason starting with Kendall, Leon Washington, diggz, Wallace Wright ect while there no superstar guys they played there roles perfect and were cheap guys.
    Pace and Scott were not bad signings. What was bad was his renegotiation of those contracts making it impossible to cut them when they were no longer worth the $$$. Holmes was a bad signing. He paid him as if he was a top ten guy, in which no one outside of NY thought he was, Damm, half the guys on this board was not sure they even wanted him.

No he was justified with Washington, who wanted to get paid as a full time back. The value he got for him was weak though.

The man is a gambler. he signed Sanchez rookie deal cheap, as he put easily attainable incentives, (jets making playoffs once during his first two years) This then had the effect of paying him even more more than his normal slotted position, but it gave him cap room the 1st two years to sign players.

His knowledge of the cap in unquestioned, as he was one of the few GMs that were able to dump some bad contracts "post facto" and put them in the uncapped year. great job there.

What I don't understand was his gamble that the union was going to win in the lockout and that the cap was going to continue to rise. The owners locked them out for some reason and it was not to continue to pay more and more every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I just hope the new GM keeps Rex. There aren't many coaches out there who go to back to back Championship games...
    But you have to take the bad along with that, Look at the players that were added those two years with borrowed money. What low rd players has he developed? What players who were on the team got better under his coaching. Have the lockeroom issues gotten better since he took over or worse, or his game management.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He can stay and setup for press conf's since he loves cameras and mics

Just keep him off the sidelines.
    +1

Maybe keep Rex on staff in a food services capacity or in charge of all team footwear needs.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Same rule, teams in the playoffs you can contact except during the bye. And you can never contact any employee who is under contract and 99.9% of the contracts run thru the first of March. You can contact the team and ask for permission to speak. Teams cannot refuse any request to meet with a coach to interview for any HC opportunity if he is not a HC already, or has the supervisory tag. Teams do not have to allow you to interview for positions of co-od and below.
    Last edited by patman; 12-24-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Same rule, teams in the playoffs you can contact during the bye.
    Even FO?? I thought with team permission the coaching limitations didn't apply to FO personnel. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Pace was a must sign... And Bart Scott was a good signing as well.

You can't complain about the money given to Holmes unless you were absolutely willing to let him walk. The reports were that he turned down even more money from Washington so it's not like we could have had Holmes at less.

Harris shouldn't have gotten that much money, but he also could have left. Sometimes it's not our choice to sign guys back at discount deals. They either get it from us or they get it from someone else.

The biggest mistake was the signing of Sanchez to a new deal. That didn't have to be done. And you could absolutely blame him for drafting him as well although QB's are damn near impossible to evaluate.
    Holmes was the biggest debacle IMHO ... Shoulda paid Braylon ... Helped him rehab his knee ... And jettisoned the cancer. Sanchez extension was the second biggest gaff.

All League
    Gonna lol at the people who want Rex gone when they hire Wade Phillips in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Gonna lol at the people who want Rex gone when they hire Wade Phillips in his place.
    That's what I'm saying.