Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a sollution to the Sanchez cap problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    I am not sure why you all think it is so funny that Sanchez would renegotiate to get out of here. It would cost him money, sure, but it would give him an opportunity to resurrect his career.
    Cost him money? $8 million isn't exactly spare change. Screw the career. I'd sure be happy at 25 to go sit on a beach and say "well, that didn't work out, on to the next career!"

And what's to stop him from coming back in a year?

All League
    Many good thoughts here, but he will be a Jet next year. As a matter of fact, he may be the starter too. Our new competent Offensive coordinator may think he gives us the best chance to win lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Could you point to the relevant portion of the CBA that prohibits such a thing ??
    I just checked the CBA and didn't find anything. However, I don't think there has *ever* been an example of someone giving up guaranteed money. The union won't allow it. Please prove me wrong if you can.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    I just checked the CBA and didn't find anything. However, I don't think there has *ever* been an example of someone giving up guaranteed money. The union won't allow it. Please prove me wrong if you can.
    I think a player would have to quit or retire in which case he broke his contract and would release any obligations the team had to the player.. No sane player would ever do that though.. Well except maybe for Favre..
    Last edited by Savage69; 12-25-2012 at 12:02 PM.

All Pro
    NO, the solution to Sanchez problem is a trade off this friggin foootball team outta here, out of the NYJ organization.

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    However, I don't think there has *ever* been an example of someone giving up guaranteed money. The union won't allow it. .
    This is wrong on both sentences.
    And the union has NOTHING to do with it.

If Sanchez and The Jets together want to negotiate an out/early termination to his Jets contract in exchange for (say) 80% of his guaranteed money, the Union has absolutely ZERO say in the matter.

I am not going to debate this with you.
    I am just telling you that THIS IS A FACT.

Anybody saying otherwise here is simply wrong...