Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Should the Jets mail it in against Buffalo?

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Should the Jets mail it in against Buffalo?

    It all becomes about draft position now... Losing one more game can push the Jets draft position up several spots, and how many times have we lost out on an impact player because we were off by just a few spots on draft day?

    Here are the other teams who could finish 6-10. How many of these teams would the Jets leapfrog over if we all have the same record?


    Buffalo
    Cleveland
    Tennessee
    San Diego
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina
    Arizona



    I really hate to say it, but this turns out to be a very important game for the Jets to LOSE. Losing against Buffalo could push us up 3 spots on the board MINIMUM if we all wind up with the same record of 6-10.


    So what say you? Should the Jets mail it in here for draft position? My personal feeling is yes.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    More than yesterday? Is that even possible?

  3. #3
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would definitely leap frog Tennessee and San Diego because they beat The Jets.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking at the last game, the Jets, should they lose, could do as well as the seventh pick in the draft .....if everything falls in place.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Head to head doesn't matter. The ten that played the schedule with the lowest WL pct picks first in the first round

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    looking at the last game, the Jets, should they lose, could do as well as the seventh pick in the draft .....if everything falls in place.
    That's a pretty damn fine pick in the draft...

    Should the Jets pass that up for a meaningless feel-good win againt Buffalo on sunday?

  7. #7
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my mindset when it comes to this stuff:

    If there is even a small remote chance that you can still make the playoffs, then you do whatever you can to win

    If your out, whats the point

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Head to head doesn't matter. The ten that played the schedule with the lowest WL pct picks first in the first round

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure how that works out, but the Jets had a very easy schedule the 2nd half of the season and still managed to mess it up. I would think getting the best draft spot available is the only victory the Jets can pull out of this season now.

  10. #10
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam, NL
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    What make you think other teams doesn't want ti mail it in too?

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are not going to mail in the game..

    They will try to win..

    I don't want any players on this team next season that would mail in a game...

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    It all becomes about draft position now... Losing one more game can push the Jets draft position up several spots, and how many times have we lost out on an impact player because we were off by just a few spots on draft day?

    Here are the other teams who could finish 6-10. How many of these teams would the Jets leapfrog over if we all have the same record?


    Buffalo
    Cleveland
    Tennessee
    San Diego
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina
    Arizona



    I really hate to say it, but this turns out to be a very important game for the Jets to LOSE. Losing against Buffalo could push us up 3 spots on the board MINIMUM if we all wind up with the same record of 6-10.


    So what say you? Should the Jets mail it in here for draft position? My personal feeling is yes.

    Will we be able to tell if they are or aren't?????

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    They are not going to mail in the game..

    They will try to win..

    I don't want any players on this team next season that would mail in a game...
    Based on sundays loss to San Diego I guess we don't want the entire offensive line then?

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous subject matter to this thread. How do you mail it in? Tell the players to quit?

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    It all becomes about draft position now... Losing one more game can push the Jets draft position up several spots, and how many times have we lost out on an impact player because we were off by just a few spots on draft day?

    Here are the other teams who could finish 6-10. How many of these teams would the Jets leapfrog over if we all have the same record?


    Buffalo
    Cleveland
    Tennessee
    San Diego
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina
    Arizona



    I really hate to say it, but this turns out to be a very important game for the Jets to LOSE. Losing against Buffalo could push us up 3 spots on the board MINIMUM if we all wind up with the same record of 6-10.


    So what say you? Should the Jets mail it in here for draft position? My personal feeling is yes.
    They'll try to win but they won't.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Ridiculous subject matter to this thread. How do you mail it in? Tell the players to quit?
    You don't tell them to quit, but you also don't put them in a position to win. You basically call a gameplan that can't succeed. Basically just do what we did on sunday again yes?

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    You don't tell them to quit, but you also don't put them in a position to win. You basically call a gameplan that can't succeed. Basically just do what we did on sunday again yes?
    I don't think Sunday was a mail-in.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I don't think Sunday was a mail-in.
    It wasn't? How many sacks again... like 11?


    Uh... if it wasn't a mail-in, what was it?

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I wasn't? How many sacks again... like 11?


    Uh... if it wasn't a mail-in, what was it?
    An extremely poor performance. Did the Giants mail it in with the Ravens? No, they just didn't play well.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    An extremely poor performance.
    Hmm... "extremely poor performance".


    That's a great concept, let's go with that...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us