Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the Jets mail it in against Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Based on sundays loss to San Diego I guess we don't want the entire offensive line then?
    You can make that argument..

If we lose to Buffalo we'll finish dead last and get Kansas City and Jacksonville next season instead of Oakland and Tennessee. If we win and Miami loses to New England, we're back in second with San Diego and Indianapolis.

Our schedule next season will be difficult enough with the AFC North and NFC South.

I hope Greg gets more time this week and plays well, but other than that I wouldn't mind a loss at all.

Rookie
    There are eight teams with either a 5-10 or 6-9 record. The Bills (5-10 and slotted with pick six) and Jets (6-9, slotted with pick 12) could almost flip draft positions depending on the outcome. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...fl-draft-order

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If we lose to Buffalo we'll finish dead last and get Kansas City and Jacksonville next season instead of Oakland and Tennessee. If we win and Miami loses to New England, we're back in second with San Diego and Indianapolis.

Our schedule next season will be difficult enough with the AFC North and NFC South.

I hope Greg gets more time this week and plays well, but other than that I wouldn't mind a loss at all.
    Wow that's an interesting perspective on the subject. Hadn't considered the scheduling matchups next season by finishing last in the division. But do we really finish last in the division if we lose to Buffalo being that we beat them in Week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    There are eight teams with either a 5-10 or 6-9 record. The Bills (5-10 and slotted with pick six) and Jets (6-9, slotted with pick 12) could almost flip draft positions depending on the outcome. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...fl-draft-order
    We're in the strange position of only being able to achieve victory through losing on sunday. I'll take the loss now to win later...

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    If we lose to Buffalo we'll both be 2-4 in the division with a win against each other during the season. Should come down to strength of schedule after that no? I think the strength of schedule between the two teams is pretty similar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    They'll try to win but they won't.
    Exactly. Problem solved.

I don't think we have to worry about whether or not the Jets will "mail it in" vs Buffalo. Two of our three QBs don't want to be here anymore. The defensive coordinator doesn't want to be here anymore. Basically, it's over, Johnny. We are losing this game no matter what we wish for.

I heard Fireman ed is starting

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    Would definitely leap frog Tennessee and San Diego because they beat The Jets.
    HTH not used for draft order ties. Instead, ties are broke based on strength of schedule. 2 teams w/same record: weaker schedules draft first.

I'm not sure it will matter if the Jets mail it in or not. We won't win no matter what level of effort is given, the team is just bad this year and will probably close the season with another embarrassing loss

Undrafted Free Agent
    No…………… they should not tank the game.

A couple of spots higher in the draft order is less important than the opportunity to evaluate players under real NFL competition.

Evaluate everything including the coaching and HC

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    They are not going to mail in the game..

They will try to win..

I don't want any players on this team next season that would mail in a game...
    Same here.

Veteran
    Tennessee hosts Jacksonville and Chargers host Raiders.

With a Jets loss, the Jets would be 6-10 and should be picking no worse than 10th. We'll have to see how the tiebreakers play out.

Can anyone confirm that the Jets would finish last if they lose to buffalo?

Jets Insider VIP
    They don't have to mail anything in. They will lose without trying to lose.

Is there a big dropoff in talent from 7th to about 12th in the coming draft to make it worthwhile anyway?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 12-24-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Veteran
    With our talent level we don't have to try to mail it in, that will come naturally.

Give Tebow his start, he has done everything asked of him and deserves a chance

if he looks good and wins, Jets increase his trade value

if he looks bad, management looks good and Jets get a better draft pick

10 more sacks will not help evaluate McElroy

No, Rex should try to keep the game close because an embarrassing loss might cost him his job.

Ending the season with 3 embarrassing losses in a row would piss Woody off. If the Jets lose badly to the Bills, Rex Ryan might get fired on Monday.

All Pro
    I mailed it in as a fan weeks ago. The team followed suit.

We will loae to buffalo on sunday and that is a good thing my friends.