Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jason La Canfora: Jets explore potential GMs, look to keep Tannenbaum in cap job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Don't understand how people can write articles about Tannenbaum and this supposed problem drafting.

Mo Wilkerson is playing at a pro bowl level and will be there next year. They got him at the very end of the first round.

Now this year Coples looks to be trending up in that direction. His pass rushing skills are unique and beyond valuable.

If you are going to blast Tannenbaum, simply blast him for some of the cap management and the Sanchez stuff.
    Yes, because two good picks (I'll give you Wilk. Coples, while improving, still has a ways to go) make up for all the busts: Wilson, Ducasse, Gholston, etc.

Tannenbaum is such a great drafter that he cut more than half of his draft picks from this year. He's such a good drafter that the offensive side of the ball is literally devoid of talent.

Keep making excuses for the guy, keep wearing the green colored glasses. Everyone else sees him for what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Agreed, this is so Jets. First Bradway and now Tanny. In another decade we'll have 10 ex-GMs filling space in the hallways of Florham Park. What winning organization does this? Just an absolute joke.

That said, it is better than nothing.
    I honestly don't think it's better than nothing. I would rather keep the whole one more year and blow it up next year then continue this never pace of mediocrity.

Don't understand how people can write articles about Tannenbaum and this supposed problem drafting.

Mo Wilkerson is playing at a pro bowl level and will be there next year. They got him at the very end of the first round.

Now this year Coples looks to be trending up in that direction. His pass rushing skills are unique and beyond valuable.

If you are going to blast Tannenbaum, simply blast him for some of the cap management and the Sanchez stuff.

You do realize every GM - and I mean every one - hits on some picks. Look at the absolute dearth of talent on the roster... at the 3 and 4 player drafts (while the Pats were picking 11 or 12 guys)... at the pass rush which has been dormant since Tanny took over 7 offseasons ago... at the nothingness that is our WR and RB corps... at the pathetic state of the OL after Mangold and Brick... did I mention QB?

Please, this fan base has overrated Tannenbaum since day 1. Thank goodness it appears an injustice will finally be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I honestly don't think it's better than nothing. I would rather keep the whole one more year and blow it up next year then continue this never pace of mediocrity.

So you want to waste another year just for the sake of continuity? That makes sense.

When you recognize utter mediocrity, you fix it. You don't wait and hope it will get better. Unfortunately Woody is 4 years too late with Tannenbaum, but again... better late than never.

"That's totally ridiculous," one exec said. "Only the Jets."
    Proof positive the media is full of crap and adds their own agenda driven crap into their work, and in this case, riding out the overplayed wave that seems to be a media favorite in mocking the Jets.

There is no ****ing way an actual football exec said this. It could have been an ex-exec like Mike Lombardi, who works for the NFL network, and has a well known hatred for the Jets and would spin anything to jump on a headline.

LOL @ the ****ing media, again, and AGAIN seeing fans buy into this crap.

I follow the draft as closely as anyone... It's dumb but it's my hobby. I'm not saying Tannenbaum is great by any means, but he's done a good job compared to a lot of the NFL. I don't think a lot of you realize how poor some teams are at drafting.

I think Tannenbaum should lose his job, but that's not my main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Proof positive the media is full of crap and adds their own agenda driven crap into their work, and in this case, riding out the overplayed wave that seems to be a media favorite in mocking the Jets.

There is no ****ing way an actual football exec said this. It could have been an ex-exec like Mike Lombardi, who works for the NFL network, and has a well known hatred for the Jets and would spin anything to jump on a headline.

Far too many village idiots on this site who buy into this crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    So you want to waste another year just for the sake of continuity? That makes sense.

When you recognize utter mediocrity, you fix it. You don't wait and hope it will get better. Unfortunately Woody is 4 years too late with Tannenbaum, but again... better late than never.
    I would love to clean house ASAP....I was responding to the idea that keeping Tanny another year, but hiring over him is better than nothing.

I want him entirely gone, if it means waiting one more year to clean house then continue with this refusal to make tough decisions, I would rather go one more year with Tanny as GM then 5 more with another poor GM and Tanny in "Capologist" role.

The idea of refusing to fire GM's is ridiculous...

Jets Insider VIP
    I follow the draft as closely as anyone... It's dumb but it's my hobby. I'm not saying Tannenbaum is great by any means, but he's done a good job compared to a lot of the NFL. I don't think a lot of you realize how poor some teams are at drafting.

I think Tannenbaum should lose his job, but that's not my main reason.
    You should submit your resume. After all, you "follow the draft as closely as anyone" AND it's your hobby. How could you possibly not get the job?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You should submit your resume. After all, you "follow the draft as closely as anyone" AND it's your hobby. How could you possibly not get the job?!?
    And this post is just dumb...

Just throwing out the fact that I follow the draft closely so it's not like I'm talking out of my ass when I say that Tannenbaum hasn't been trash when it comes to drafting.

He should lose his job but the main reasons should be some of his contractual decisions and just about everything regarding Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    And this post is just dumb...

Just throwing out the fact that I follow the draft closely so it's not like I'm talking out of my ass when I say that Tannenbaum hasn't been trash when it comes to drafting.

He should lose his job but the main reasons should be some of his contractual decisions and just about everything regarding Sanchez.
    Thanks for clearing that up. We eagerly await your next ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. We eagerly await your next ruling.
    What the hell is the point of a message board if everyone just agrees? I have a thought, I just wanted to post it.

Seems like you're throwing a fit that I don't agree with your opinion. Better to make it easy and stop reading my posts. Or come up with some real discussion and comparisons as to why you disagree with my opinion.

We must fire the entire group!

The time for half measures and talk is over....

http://www.hark.com/clips/wgtfdwtvzd...asures-is-over

Jets Insider VIP
    What the hell is the point of a message board if everyone just agrees? I have a thought, I just wanted to post it.

Seems like you're throwing a fit that I don't agree with your opinion. Better to make it easy and stop reading my posts. Or come up with some real discussion and comparisons as to why you disagree with my opinion.
    Way ahead of you, bud.

All Pro
    "Only the Jets"
    Good to know we're not insane here on the inside - it really is a league wide stigma.

If this is true, which judging from previous FO moves probably is, then it is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. The Jets must clean house and Woddy must make the right call for a clean break otherwise nothing will really change.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    If this is true, which judging from previous FO moves probably is, then it is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. The Jets must clean house and Woddy must make the right call for a clean break otherwise nothing will really change.
    The sad thing is, even if they don't end up doing this it's just going to show that this organization is an F-in joke and simply don't understand how to properly run a franchise.

No way we will ever win with this type of mentality at the ownership level.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would love to clean house ASAP....I was responding to the idea that keeping Tanny another year, but hiring over him is better than nothing.

I want him entirely gone, if it means waiting one more year to clean house then continue with this refusal to make tough decisions, I would rather go one more year with Tanny as GM then 5 more with another poor GM and Tanny in "Capologist" role.

The idea of refusing to fire GM's is ridiculous...

Gotcha. Then we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Please, it makes total sense. Do you even follow this franchise?