Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jason La Canfora: Jets explore potential GMs, look to keep Tannenbaum in cap job.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i want anyone responsible for the mess we're in fired at the end of the season. enough said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parcells is 116 years old and failed at both Miami and Dallas after quitting on the Jets.

As a personnel guy we don't need him to pass up on Orlando Pace or scarf up Dorian Boose with high picks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not keep Tannenbaum and have him report directly to and have his fate rest in the hands of the new GM per the new GM's contract. In other words, the GM could use him, direct him and even fire him. The guy has useful talent and credentials. He was in way over his head as the GM.
    Last edited by EtsFan; 12-24-2012 at 03:15 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For f*ck sake

Just cut ties already.

I think it's hilarious when people talk about Tannenbaum like he's some sort of cap genius. All he did was backload a bunch of bad contracts.

He basically mortgaged our future for a two year window. A risky move that in itself should get you fired if it fails and it did.

If Tanny stays on board in any capacity, then you can forget about Polian or any other GM with a proven track record.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

So what is it, Woodman?

You decide, a professional NFL team or the Tannenboob. You can always buy another "pal".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This is just plain sad. Well I'm gonna stop watching football for a while. I'm not wasting my Sundays ... especially beautiful fall Sundays ... watching this garbage. This team, from the owner down, is embarrassing.
    It's not a waste of a fall Sunday because it's winter now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    These "unnamed source" type articles are pure BS -fodder for SOJF passive aggressives.

There are only 32 such jobs in the league and to think every potential successor would turn the Jets down is nonsensical-all candidates should relish the challenge
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 12-24-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillafan View Post
    You decide, a professional NFL team or the Tannenboob. You can always buy another "pal".
    That funny! Rex has boobs and Tannenboob. He does look like a bumbling idiot. Another clown masquerading as an NFL executive. Can't wait to hear his 30 minute end of season interview that tells us absolutely nothing other than " we won't leave any rock or stone unturned when we look for talent" then he trades for Tim Tebow.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If we can't get a good exec because of Tanny, fire his aasss asap! Get the best GM we can. I bet Jason could manage the cap!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    no reputable gm is going to tolerate sharing authority with the guy who not only drafted sanchez, but guaranteed his contract for the following year, along with his turd wr.
    Not to mention Bradway's prescence. That's a lot of manpower doing one job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's ridiculous to me that we're going to bring in a new GM and still have the two previous ones who failed in that role in the organization. Only the Jets is right.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    For f*ck sake

Just cut ties already.

I think it's hilarious when people talk about Tannenbaum like he's some sort of cap genius. All he did was backload a bunch of bad contracts.

He basically mortgaged our future for a two year window. A risky move that in itself should get you fired if it fails and it did.

If Tanny stays on board in any capacity, then you can forget about Polian or any other GM with a proven track record.
    Yeah if Tanny is such a "Cap" guru why are we handcuffed to Sanchez next year? We're basically stuck paying one of the worst QB's in recent history 8 mln next year or what a 17 mln cap hit if we want to move on from this disaster?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news. We are on track.