Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How easy will it be to get rid of Kyle Wilson?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How easy will it be to get rid of Kyle Wilson?

Are there any CB-desperate teams that would give us a lower-round pick or a spare OL? How much of a cap hit would the Jets take by releasing him?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why do people want to desperately get rid of kyle wilson? he hasn't been bad and the secondary of this team is not the problem. In fact, it may be the only decent part of this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    why do people want to desperately get rid of kyle wilson? he hasn't been bad and the secondary of this team is not the problem. In fact, it may be the only decent part of this team.
    Agreed. What we could do is do what New England did to Devin McCourty and move him to safety. Apparently his big issue is not turning his head and putting him deep would probably negate the issue a bit

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know but watching the Giants game yesterday, I couldn't believe how bad their secondary was. Without knowing their players very well, there is no way # 23 is better than Kyle Wilson. I would trade Wilson for one of the Giants WR's or Linemen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes no sense to deal him, he's cheap and a decent cornerback. Next year he would be back in the number three slot and Revis/Cro on the outside. Out of all NFL teams there would atleast be 15 who would take him as a starter and be happy with it.

If we deal a cornerback in the offseason it would be Cro or Revis who would get something good in return. But we really do not have great depth at the position - after the 2 top guys and Wilson we are dressing Walls, Trufant and Josh Bush...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why trade him? according to JI, he's the bestest corner that ever existed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Why trade him? according to JI, he's the bestest corner that ever existed.
    No... They don't think that. Its' that the other lost faction of JI believe any corner who doesn't dominate like Revis is garbage. Hell, most of you thought Cromartie was garbage until this year.

I don't love Wilson however. In the grand scheme of things in the NFL, he's pretty good, but considering money and everything, we could probably do better. It's not like he gets paid a fortune, but he'll be our 3rd corner next year and the salary is starting to get beyond that. We could survive fine with guys like Lankster as the 3rd corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    No... They don't think that. Its' that the other lost faction of JI believe any corner who doesn't dominate like Revis is garbage. Hell, most of you thought Cromartie was garbage until this year.

I don't love Wilson however. In the grand scheme of things in the NFL, he's pretty good, but considering money and everything, we could probably do better. It's not like he gets paid a fortune, but he'll be our 3rd corner next year and the salary is starting to get beyond that. We could survive fine with guys like Lankster as the 3rd corner.
    Don't speak for me, I've always been a huge Cro supporter.

Not sure how you can call Wilson "pretty good." Pretty good first round corners don't get beat week in and week in. Pretty good first round corners learn to ****ing turn their head and find the ball. It doesn't have to be black and white. No, he doesn't dominate like Revis, but he sure as hell isn't consistent. There's a middle ground.

The only part I agree with is he's replaceable. I'd have no problem giving someone like Lankster or Trufant a chance to earn the nickel role.
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 12-24-2012 at 02:33 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do people keep making posts about trading our crappy players? Nobody wants these guys.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why do people keep making posts about trading our crappy players? Nobody wants these guys.
    I'm in the "everyone must go" camp- there's enough threads about the QB position and offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Don't speak for me, I've always been a huge Cro supporter.

Not sure how you can call Wilson "pretty good." Pretty good first round corners don't get beat week in and week in. Pretty good first round corners learn to ****ing turn their head and find the ball. It doesn't have to be black and white. No, he doesn't dominate like Revis, but he sure as hell isn't consistent. There's a middle ground.

The only part I agree with is he's replaceable. I'd have no problem giving someone like Lankster or Trufant a chance to earn the nickel role.
    Unlike a lot of the people here who see what they want to see, Profootballfocus has no bias and although I don't have a subscription there, I'm pretty sure they have him doing a pretty good job.

I'm also guessing they have his worst game as the game we just seen against San Diego.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Are there any CB-desperate teams that would give us a lower-round pick or a spare OL? How much of a cap hit would the Jets take by releasing him?
    KW is an average CB. average in the NFL is not bad. is he a Revis? No.

But we need O LINE before anything else. QB excluded.

remember...we didn't start a nice run Neil Mangini addressed O Line with Brick and Mangold.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Unlike a lot of the people here who see what they want to see, Profootballfocus has no bias and although I don't have a subscription there, I'm pretty sure they have him doing a pretty good job.

I'm also guessing they have his worst game as the game we just seen against San Diego.
    Maybe profootballfocus should be the GM then. If they say it, it must be true!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Agreed. KW isn't going anywhere...

Some on this board want all 1st picks to be Revis otherwise cut them.

It's ridiculous.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    People are just dumb and have "Jets blinders" on when they rip on Kyle Wilson badly

In the grand scheme of the NFL he is above average and would start on a lot of teams......As a 3rd CB he is awesome to have

His tackling is top notch for a CB and I wish we would send him on blitzes here and there.......His one (only) major weak point is turning his head back on deep routes to locate the ball and he definitely needs to get better in that aspect

But when you compare him to other players in the league, he's pretty solid

We easily have the best 3 CB group in the NFL when Revis gets back and it's not really close......Best CB in the league in Revis, a top 7-8 CB as the #2 in Cro, and a solid #2 as the Nickel in Wilson

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson has been good aa season stepping up to a starting CB job when Revis went down

Only the whining brigade would be screaming like little girls for him.to be traded

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    kyle wilson is another 1st round draft day bust.

hes a jag cb nothing spectaculiar and not worth a 1st round pick.

what happened to him being this great punt returner coming out of boise state?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He always seems to be chasing the WR. Never staying with them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    kyle wilson is another 1st round draft day bust.

hes a jag cb nothing spectaculiar and not worth a 1st round pick.

what happened to him being this great punt returner coming out of boise state?
    I'm seriously thinking that Woody should immediately hire GMCJet as our next GM.
    He is clearly a personnel guru who knows exactly who those first round busts are and how the Jets can avoid selecting any

Plus his obvious financial accuity in his recent ticket "score" with that broker clearly shows he is also the man to handle contracts and the salaries cap

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2