Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 79,088-attendance yesterday.?

Quote Originally Posted by Medianoche View Post
    Dude

Please do me a big favor. Can you stop the non-stop infomercials of Tapatalk. I know it's Xmas and all and I shouldn't be giving you **** and all but this really is pissing me off. We don't need to know that sent a message from tapa talk on every god damn message. It's almost as annoying as people signing their posts.

Thank you.
    I agree.

Sent from using smoke signals made by taking a match to my farts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Merry Christmas Medinoche!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The center ring are all club seats with their occupants chowing down behind glass

The lower level was pretty much full. The UD looked about 75 percent full but really who cares

plus one. I was surprised at how full it was. The lower bowl (non club) seats were pretty full. The UD was surprisingly full. The clubs were hurting.

Those douches in the Coaches Club (50 yd line area) always go into the clubs before the games and during halftime.

We had fun.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 12-24-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Wrong. People would`ve packed the pubs/taverns/bars and retaurants all over that city. There would have been tailgating as well on BOTH sides of the Hudson if fans would`ve chosen to go that route. Why do people keep saying if there was a WSS there would`ve been no tailgating? They had land set aside on both sides just for tailgating. Plus why tailgate EVERY single game anyway? The only reason tailgating is so huge at Giants Stadium is because there ain`t F-All to do anything else. No worthy facilties to eat and drink anywhere within walking distance to that craphole. .
    I'm sorry you miss a huge part of the game experience by not tailgating. Just that fact that you can drink beer and eat pork products at 8am Sunday morning and not be sent to AA by your family makes it all worthwhile.

There were plenty of open seats in 116, even after the ushers let in all their seat for cash customers. I don't begrudge them by the way, they probably get paid sh!t and the guy is our section is awesome.

Why do you need game day to go to a pub? Is that the only day your wife lets you off the leash?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That's like how they say the Red Sox sell out Fenway Park every single game. They actually tout a consecutive game sell-out streak. Pure fabrication.
    Really? Ever try to actually BUY a seat at Fenway? Even in an awful year like last, there's no such thing as seats going for 1/2 of face by the thousands on Stub Hub like a Jets game. There may be no shows when the team sucks, but the seats are sold out well before the season even starts. Don't kid yourself.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Really? Ever try to actually BUY a seat at Fenway? Even in an awful year like last, there's no such thing as seats going for 1/2 of face by the thousands on Stub Hub like a Jets game. There may be no shows when the team sucks, but the seats are sold out well before the season even starts. Don't kid yourself.
    This is complete bull****. I went to a game last year in September against the orioles. Got my tickets on stub hub for 25 bucks a piece. I could of picked almost any seat in the house and got it half off. Please don't kid yourself. Lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    This is complete bull****. I went to a game last year in September against the orioles. Got my tickets on stub hub for 25 bucks a piece. I could of picked almost any seat in the house and got it half off. Please don't kid yourself. Lol
    If you bought it on Stubhub, someone bought the tix from the RedSox. When they decided not to go, you got a deal.

Because Fenway is undersized, they have excess demand for the supply = sell outs. Opposite of jets and oversized stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    If you bought it on Stubhub, someone bought the tix from the RedSox. When they decided not to go, you got a deal.

Because Fenway is undersized, they have excess demand for the supply = sell outs. Opposite of jets and oversized stadium.
    Exactly. And the venue is almost as big an attraction as the team. Can't say the same for the tin can in the swamp.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

I have paid double face value from stub hub and last year I got a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Medianoche View Post
    Dude

Please do me a big favor. Can you stop the non-stop infomercials of Tapatalk. I know it's Xmas and all and I shouldn't be giving you **** and all but this really is pissing me off. We don't need to know that sent a message from tapa talk on every god damn message. It's almost as annoying as people signing their posts.

Thank you.
    What is tapatalk, is that like when you get an email saying it was sent from a blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I'm sorry you miss a huge part of the game experience by not tailgating. Just that fact that you can drink beer and eat pork products at 8am Sunday morning and not be sent to AA by your family makes it all worthwhile.

There were plenty of open seats in 116, even after the ushers let in all their seat for cash customers. I don't begrudge them by the way, they probably get paid sh!t and the guy is our section is awesome.

Why do you need game day to go to a pub? Is that the only day your wife lets you off the leash?
    I tailgated my ass off for 27 years at Giants Stadium. I love tailgating but it doesn`t have to be done EVERY game. Thats just my opinion btw. The only reason tailgating is such a big part of Jets/Giants games is because there ain`t nothing else to do there. If the WSS came to fruition, Jets gamedays would`ve been one of the best football experiences in the league. Win or Lose. New York City is a great place to pre-game. Thousands of choices. It could`ve been nice on crappy weather days to just meet up with tailgating buds at a pub, which there would`ve been thousands to choose from, and have someone else cook and serve for a change, without having to set up tents/tarps and trying to stay dry. Probably less expensive too once you add up the costs of tailgating supplies, food, drinks, etc. I would`ve definitely still been a STH, with proper PSLs that would give a PSL owner the proper rights to his seat(s).

I`ve spent many years in pubs playing for a travelling dart team. Not a big fan of hanging in pubs these days but the occasional pub crawl is fine. My wife would have been included in Jets gamedays, so no leash here.

edit: sent from my fat ass in my mothers basement.
    Last edited by The Band; 12-24-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    I find that hard to beleive. On tv it sure looked like the entire center ring was empty.
    From TV it looked like there were more people than I expected. The McElroy factor. Had Mark started it would have been a lot worse.

Rookie
    Actually it was a fun crowd yesterday at the game. Have to say that not a lot of season ticket holders present but who ever they sold their tickets to were fun.

Jets fans are like knicks fans - loyal and die hard.

F tha Media

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

as per usual I enjoyed going to the game yesterday, aside from the comfort of my seats and the product displayed on the field...lol

I guess it's all good

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The center ring are all club seats with their occupants chowing down behind glass

The lower level was pretty much full. The UD looked about 75 percent full but really who cares

Yeah, i sat up in our club seats in 215 for the game, the inside of the club was WAY more packed with people sitting around than I had ever seem it for a non rain game. A lot of empty seats, whole rows really. And I am on the Jets side, on the visiting side there was half as many people in seats at the most. People were even packed sitting at the far outside area of the club near the exterior wall nowhere near the glass and the game. I can't blame them, it isn't like the team showed up to play, so why should the fan care very much.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Funny coming from the guy who lost 30k on a PSL sale... Actually it was a great day and tailgate...
    That it was, the weather was nice outside, got colder come game time. It was nice to grab a few hours outside and toast the holiday season. We blew through 2 cases of champagne with mimosas from 8:15am.

Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    That it was, the weather was nice outside, got colder come game time. It was nice to grab a few hours outside and toast the holiday season. We blew through 2 cases of champagne with mimosas from 8:15am.
    Was a good day for the flags, they made the video board a few times Sunday. Mimosas... What a great idea, stuck with Stella, apple cider shots and hot chocolate with marshmellow vodka. Had a good turnout for a meaningless game...Now the wait until Next year....

Due to it being 40 and sunny and McElroy instead of Sanchez I thought the stadium was pretty damn full. The Upper Level looked it's usual spotty self, but down in 104 we were packed. Only a handful of empty seats. I was surprised. I'd say easily 65,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    anyday is a good day to tailgate. but i can barbq hot dogs in my driveway sit next to my car and then go watch the game on the big screen all alot cheaper with alot less aggravation.

i already lost enough money on this team.

heres hoping things get better in the new year for all of us in the same boat jets fans for life.
    $30k BBQs in your driveway are cool