Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 79,088-attendance yesterday.?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

79,088-attendance yesterday.?

I find that hard to beleive. On tv it sure looked like the entire center ring was empty.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Standard number they use, was more like 60k

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Standard number they use, was more like 60k
    Looked a ton less than that on TV.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The center ring are all club seats with their occupants chowing down behind glass

The lower level was pretty much full. The UD looked about 75 percent full but really who cares

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    my condolences to all that were there and wasted all that hard earned money on psls tickets concessions etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    my condolences to all that were there and wasted all that hard earned money on psls tickets concessions etc.
    Funny coming from the guy who lost 30k on a PSL sale... Actually it was a great day and tailgate...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny coming from the guy who lost 30k on a PSL sale... Actually it was a great day and tailgate...
    yes very true but you dont see me pissing and moaning about it do you?

lifes lessons learned the hard way sometimes.

with any luck in years to come the stadium will be a joyous place to be a jets fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. While I was disappointed with the outcome of the game, we had a nice tailgate and the weather was pretty good, though the wind seemed to pick up slightly late in the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That's like how they say the Red Sox sell out Fenway Park every single game. They actually tout a consecutive game sell-out streak. Pure fabrication.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to guess - 60,000 or so.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine we had the stadium on the west side? With no tailgating, place would have been even more empty...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe they count official attendance as # of tickets sold for that particular event.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Imagine we had the stadium on the west side? With no tailgating, place would have been even more empty...

Wrong. People would`ve packed the pubs/taverns/bars and retaurants all over that city. There would have been tailgating as well on BOTH sides of the Hudson if fans would`ve chosen to go that route. Why do people keep saying if there was a WSS there would`ve been no tailgating? They had land set aside on both sides just for tailgating. Plus why tailgate EVERY single game anyway? The only reason tailgating is so huge at Giants Stadium is because there ain`t F-All to do anything else. No worthy facilties to eat and drink anywhere within walking distance to that craphole.

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    I believe they count official attendance as # of tickets sold for that particular event.
    correct. The papers use to show "No-Shows" but no longer do for some strange reason. Do the Jets & Giants have that much pull with the papers that they will no longer show the sad state of their teams fans NOT showing up for the games? Put all ticket phases in the paper(tickets sold, actual attendance and actual no-shows). With all this technology we have we should be able to know everything about tickets. How many people in this area own tickets, who they sell to(Jets or opposing fans), how much they sold them for, if they actually went or not, etc...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the game and had a blast in the Green Room with the other corporate invitees as there was absolutely no reason to pay attention to the non action on the field. I'd say 70,000 were definitely tailgating as some folks didn't bother coming into the stadium. Wouldn't be the first time.

Greg McElroy looked like a natural future landscaper becoming familiar with the feel of turf. The weather was perfect for a walk on the sidelines during pregame warmups and got some great video of Mo, Quinton, Sione & Mike doing their reps. I got some good Tebow footage of him throwing to Kerley and hitting him the back a couple of times too.

Merry Christmas Jet Fans. There's always next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Wrong. People would`ve packed the pubs/taverns/bars and retaurants all over that city. There would have been tailgating as well on BOTH sides of the Hudson if fans would`ve chosen to go that route. Why do people keep saying if there was a WSS there would`ve been no tailgating? They had land set aside on both sides just for tailgating. Plus why tailgate EVERY single game anyway? The only reason tailgating is so huge at Giants Stadium is because there ain`t F-All to do anything else. No worthy facilties to eat and drink anywhere within walking distance to that craphole.

correct. The papers use to show "No-Shows" but no longer do for some strange reason. Do the Jets & Giants have that much pull with the papers that they will no longer show the sad state of their teams fans NOT showing up for the games? Put all ticket phases in the paper(tickets sold, actual attendance and actual no-shows). With all this technology we have we should be able to know everything about tickets. How many people in this area own tickets, who they sell to(Jets or opposing fans), how much they sold them for, if they actually went or not, etc...
    blah blah blah blah

I hate everything (except beer) and everybody

blah blah blah blah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    I find that hard to beleive. On tv it sure looked like the entire center ring was empty.
    What? You dont believe them?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a blast yesterday. If you can't Statler and Waldorf your way through a bad season and bad games you really have no business being a season ticket holder, let alone one for the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The center ring are all club seats with their occupants chowing down behind glass

The lower level was pretty much full. The UD looked about 75 percent full but really who cares

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Dude

Please do me a big favor. Can you stop the non-stop infomercials of Tapatalk. I know it's Xmas and all and I shouldn't be giving you **** and all but this really is pissing me off. We don't need to know that sent a message from tapa talk on every god damn message. It's almost as annoying as people signing their posts.

Thank you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was more full than I thought it would be. the 100s were full, the 200s was about half full. I'm in the 200 end zone and it was pretty empty by me. The 300s was mostly full but you have your pockets of empty seats behind the endzones. 60k seems like a good estimate according to everyone else that went.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyday is a good day to tailgate. but i can barbq hot dogs in my driveway sit next to my car and then go watch the game on the big screen all alot cheaper with alot less aggravation.

i already lost enough money on this team.

heres hoping things get better in the new year for all of us in the same boat jets fans for life.