Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets' firing of OC Sparano 'imminent'

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Good, when do the rest of the three stooges get the can

You know, Wrecks Lying and Tannenboob. And to think Tanny got his job through a recommendation by Bellichek. A gift that keeps on giving to NE. We are running a comedy act not a NFL team.
    Last edited by Stillafan; 12-24-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=56mehl56;4742230]I agree a HC who fantasizes about winning 7-6 games. Bottom line I like Rex but unless he gives carte blanche to his OC he should be fired. Ground and pound doesn't work in today's air NFL.[/QUOTE

agreed and please whoever comes in, eliminate the ridiculous and completely ineffective wildcat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    woody obviously reads what's written about his team and i think he's finally getting the message. the thrust of negativity about the team has been the retro offensive strategy in a league dominated by good qbs and offensive weapons. given this, i think it's a great sign that tebow is gone and sparano is next. if the offensive talent and philosophy is the worst thing on the team, those two guys have to go. then you have sanchez and the guy who drafted him. well, if there's any good news it's that sanchez has at most 1 more year there. i don't think tanny does the drafting even if he remains.
    I hope he is getting the message. If he keeps tannenbaum in any capacity then he clearly is either tone deaf or thinks he knows better. The best thing to come out of all of this would be to get a high draft pick in the 2014 draft. There could be a couple of franchise Qbs available.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can not believe the NY media is not coming out with Rex is a goner stuff. They seem to know everything else. The Jets FO does not know how to keep there traps shut. If Rex was a goner, it would have been leaked already.

I think most are correct they are waiting to see if a new GM will keep him on. If not then he will be let go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    I can not believe the NY media is not coming out with Rex is a goner stuff. They seem to know everything else. The Jets FO does not know how to keep there traps shut. If Rex was a goner, it would have been leaked already.

I think most are correct they are waiting to see if a new GM will keep him on. If not then he will be let go.
    That is bc the media loves Rex. He is gold for them. Makes their jobs easy. He is a media dream as a HC