Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets' firing of OC Sparano 'imminent'

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Based on the speculation about Mike getting demoted this must be Woody's play. The dominoes are starting to fall..
    curious that sparano is the first to go.

If woody does a complete house cleaning and offers gm candidates an absolute clean slate then I am all in and pumped. But if the firings commence and tannenbaum is spared then we will continue to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    If woody does a complete house cleaning and offers gm candidates an absolute clean slate then I am all in and pumped. But if the firings commence and tannenbaum is spared then we will continue to be a joke.
    woody obviously reads what's written about his team and i think he's finally getting the message. the thrust of negativity about the team has been the retro offensive strategy in a league dominated by good qbs and offensive weapons. given this, i think it's a great sign that tebow is gone and sparano is next. if the offensive talent and philosophy is the worst thing on the team, those two guys have to go. then you have sanchez and the guy who drafted him. well, if there's any good news it's that sanchez has at most 1 more year there. i don't think tanny does the drafting even if he remains.

Hall Of Fame
    All I want for Christmas is a CLEAN HOUSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Why? He sucks!!! Maybe Rex doesn't deserve the chance to fire him, but, if Rex is coming back regardless, let's at least get rid of Sparano and try to bring in a human being at offensive coordinator. Maybe keeping Rex is the wrong thing to do (although I'll be happy to see him get one more chance), but one thing's for sure, two wrongs don't make a right!

Please fire Sparano!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    I hope they flush all of the coaches and FO. This place needs an enema!
    +1

I hope Woody has the wherewithal to start from scratch.

Jets Insider VIP
    gonna be a really interesting offseason

Tanny is toast

Rex may be too

I think (after teblow first, off course) Tanny gets his walking papers and Sparano too

Then we hire a new GM within 17 days and his first decision is to determine whether rex will agree to be JUST the head coach and not be lobbying for guys like Conner or getting otherwise involved in GM and draft duties. Of course that is only if new GM X wants to consider keeping Rex around in the first place

If Rex stays, the new GM will consult with him as to which assistants and coordinators stay or go. Sparano, Pettine, Westhoff, Sutton, Cavanaugh and the other offensive assistants are clear choices to depart

I think Thurman and Dunbar should be re-signed on the defensive staff

If the new GM X doesn't want Rex to stay, then he hires a new HC and he and that HC get to decide who the new coaching staff will be

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Why? He sucks!!! Maybe Rex doesn't deserve the chance to fire him, but, if Rex is coming back regardless, let's at least get rid of Sparano and try to bring in a human being at offensive coordinator. Maybe keeping Rex is the wrong thing to do (although I'll be happy to see him get one more chance), but one thing's for sure, two wrongs don't make a right!

Please fire Sparano!!!!!!
    just didn't think sparano would go before the others. thought it would be done at the same time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Tanny is toast

Rex may be too

I think (after teblow first, off course) Tanny gets his walking papers and Sparano too

Then we hire a new GM within 17 days and his first decision is to determine whether rex will agree to be JUST the head coach and not be lobbying for guys like Conner or getting otherwise involved in GM and draft duties. Of course that is only if new GM X wants to consider keeping Rex around in the first place

If Rex stays, the new GM will consult with him as to which assistants and coordinators stay or go. Sparano, Pettine, Westhoff, Sutton, Cavanaugh and the other offensive assistants are clear choices to depart

If the new GM X doesn't want Rex to stay, then he hires a new HC and he and that HC get to decide who the new coaching staff will be
    It must be Christmas bc I agree with everything you say.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Tanny is toast

Rex may be too

I...agree

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    I guess Sporano doesn't want to put in the work for the final game when he's getting fired in a week..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Well, everybody is talked about - Pettine, Tanny, Sparano - but not Rex. If they would just leak that he would be fired then all the others would be clear to go. So, in my hope that Rex stays, I think he is safe for atleast another year...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Phuck em'

I can live with just her.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Well, everybody is talked about - Pettine, Tanny, Sparano - but not Rex. If they would just leak that he would be fired then all the others would be clear to go. So, in my hope that Rex stays, I think he is safe for atleast another year...
    Then we will forestall the inevitable and suck for another year behind Rex' cartoonishly inept leadership.

Rex supporters: Please let the Rex as HC myth go. The luck has run out, and he can't succeed with his limited HC skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I don't care if he gets fired but in all fairness he's had nothing to work with. Poor QB play and the worst collection of skill players in the entire league. Im also not sure that Rex should get a 3rd OC in 5 years
    I agree a HC who fantasizes about winning 7-6 games. Bottom line I like Rex but unless he gives carte blanche to his OC he should be fired. Ground and pound doesn't work in today's air NFL.

I want a Jerry Jones-type owner that actually loves football, then let the $hit roll down hill.

All League
    Based on the speculation about Mike getting demoted this must be Woody's play. The dominoes are starting to fall..
    The only way you're going to get a bonafide candidate for OC and DC and ST coach to come here if Rex is staying is to 1. Give him an extension (which is only money to Woody, so it may happen if Woody thinks he is the right coach) and 2. then either keep Mike T or find a GM that doesn't mind Rex as coach.

#2 is why I think Woody will totally clean house here...keeping Rex, while he might want to, makes it too hard to replace everyone else.

Veteran
    I think the new GM will figure out what to do with Rex(assuming he is still in play) and a new staff. I dunno as the Pettine contract thing doesn't add up with these speculations...

I think the new GM will figure out what to do with Rex(assuming he is still in play) and a new staff. I dunno as the Pettine contract thing doesn't add up with these speculations...

pettine and rex are good friends on and off the field ive seen them out on numerous occasions. something just doesnt add up here. rex isnt the same smash mouth coach the jets hired a few years ago. theres something up.

i think woody told him if we dont make the playoffs you are fired.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    pettine and rex are good friends on and off the field ive seen them out on numerous occasions. something just doesnt add up here. rex isnt the same smash mouth coach the jets hired a few years ago. theres something up.

i think woody told him if we dont make the playoffs you are fired.
    I blame the Lap band surgery..