Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex should be re-signed NOW and given contract extension

Rex should be re-signed NOW and given contract extension

Guys. Hear me out. Rex Ryan needs to be retained and in addition given a 3 year contract extension. Now is possibly the worst time to be firing your coach. Rex is a proven winner and has had only 1 losing season and has gotten us within 30 minutes of 2 SB appearances.

Look at the following coaches set to be fired next Monday

For sure or highly likely to be fired
    1. Andy Reid - Eagles
    2. Jim Scwartz- Lions
    3. Ron Rivera - Panthers
    4. Ken Whisenhut - Cardinals
    5. Chan Gailey - Bills
    6. Fritz Shurmur - Browns
    7. Romeo Crenell - Chiefs
    8. Dennis Allen - Raiders

Hot seat if DON'T make playoffs
    1. Jason Garrett - Cowboys
    2. Lovie Smith - Bears
    3. Mike Mularkey - Bills

Rex cannot be fired. There may be a fire sale on coaches and we can do a lot worse than Rex Ryan. At the point if I am Woody Johnson, I am talking to Rex Ryan and talking 5 year extension. He is worth to much to this organization now.

Fire Tannenbaum

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

11-5
    8-8
    6-10

I'm seeing a downward trend here. I'm ok w keeping him one more season but why is it that we need to give him an extension? What has he done to deserve that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Medianoche View Post
    Guys. Hear me out. Rex Ryan needs to be retained and in addition given a 3 year contract extension. Now is possibly the worst time to be firing your coach. Rex is a proven winner and has had only 1 losing season and has gotten us within 30 minutes of 2 SB appearances.

1. Andy Reid - Eagles
    2. Jim Scwartz- Lions
    3. Ron Rivera - Panthers
    5. Chan Gailey - Bills

2. Lovie Smith - Bears
    3. Mike Mularkey - Bills

Rex cannot be fired. There may be a fire sale on coaches and we can do a lot worse than Rex Ryan. At the point if I am Woody Johnson, I am talking to Rex Ryan and talking 5 year extension. He is worth to much to this organization now.

Fire Tannenbaum
    You are Rex's agent?

Jets Insider VIP
    You let the new GM decide Rex's fate

Rex is offensively retarded. You need to score points in this league.

Rex is also 1-9 against teams with records above .500 in the last 2 years. The 1 win coming against the Colts.

Still want to give him an extension?

Rex Ryan needs to be retained and in addition given a 3 year contract extension. ..
    Why stop there?

Let's make him a part-owner.

Hall Of Fame
    Merry Christmas.

GTFO

All League
    3 years maybe a tad excessive. Id say 2 max. That will give him plenty of time to right the ship.

All League
    are you kidding me....... get rid of this C L O W N

I want to stop seeing this team being the joke of every TV show, magazine, and newspaper.

And Merry Christmas.

I could agree with giving Rex another season to see if things start to turn around, but I do not agree with giving him an extension.

I understand all of the good things Rex has done in the past and that is why I support bringing him back. But the downward trend is very alarming and it does seem that he isn't learning to be more in touch with the offensive side of the ball.

The offense has always been where the problems have been since Rex is in town. The offense should be his primary focus. He needs to hire one his worst enemies on the field. He should hire an OC that always burned him or gave him everything he had to stop. A guy that has statistics to back up his success.

Then, he needs to LISTEN to the guy and go the way that OC thinks the offense should be.

I want Rex gone but my biggest fear is Rex becoming the Patriots' defensive coordinator.

All League
    I agree with you. Not so sure he needs that big an extension, but I do believe that he needs to stay on. Continuity wins in this league. I don't care what the media says or the fun they have with the Jets or Rex. That is of no consequence. What I am sick of is the constant regime changes the Jets have always done in my 30 years of being of a fan and it has gotten them nowhere.

Get rid of Tannenbaum and hire Joey Clinksales for GM. Get some talent on this team, get rid of the garbage. I think we'll all be surprised at how quickly they will be back in the mix in the AFC.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10

I'm seeing a downward trend here. I'm ok w keeping him one more season but why is it that we need to give him an extension? What has he done to deserve that?
    The problem with 'one more year' for Rex is that it will limit choices when it comes to replacing the 2, if not 3, coordinators that will need to be replaced this offseason.

No one's coming here if Rex is on a one-yr trial...no one good anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    The problem with 'one more year' for Rex is that it will limit choices when it comes to replacing the 2, if not 3, coordinators that will need to be replaced this offseason.

Exactly. Let's not sting this out. Cut bait now, not after another fiasco in 2013.

I pray Woody is concentrating on a major GM whom he can hand over the keys to the Jets franchise. Let that person interview and hire us a new HC. Rex is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burger View Post
    I want Rex gone but my biggest fear is Rex becoming the Patriots' defensive coordinator.
    Unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post

That's exactly why Woody Johnson needs to back Rex and let the league know Rex is here and he has A multi-year contract enforced. That's how we get big name coordinators and free agents.

The next GM will not have a problem working with Rex. The next GM will have a master capologist with Tannenabum and a world class coach. He will just need to manage these guys and manage talent acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I could agree with giving Rex another season to see if things start to turn around, but I do not agree with giving him an extension.

I understand all of the good things Rex has done in the past and that is why I support bringing him back. But the downward trend is very alarming and it does seem that he isn't learning to be more in touch with the offensive side of the ball.

The offense has always been where the problems have been since Rex is in town. The offense should be his primary focus. He needs to hire one his worst enemies on the field. He should hire an OC that always burned him or gave him everything he had to stop. A guy that has statistics to back up his success.

Then, he needs to LISTEN to the guy and go the way that OC thinks the offense should be.
    Agree with this. Let him coach with his balls on the chopping block as a lame duck and see how he does.

Yes I mix my metaphors.

1. Andy Reid - Eagles
    2. Jim Scwartz- Lions
    3. Ron Rivera - Panthers
    5. Chan Gailey - Bills

2. Lovie Smith - Bears
    3. Mike Mularkey - Bills

Fire Tannenbaum
    I always liked Mediodia better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I always liked Mediodia better.
    +1 their night and day different..