Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Take makes me vomit

Banned

First Take makes me vomit

I DVR'd First Take this morning to hear what Stephen A and the other blowhard had to say about Tebow quitting on his teammates and I was amazed to hear what they said. They said that Rex sold a bill of goods to not only Tebow but the media and the New York Jets fans about how Tebow would be used this year. They kept saying that Tebow was promised a 50/50 chance to start. Wtf are they talking about? From day one Rex said, "Mark is our starter, Tebow was brought in here to be the backup". They said that Tebow would be used as the person punt protector and wildcat QB. Rex has always consistently said that Tebow is the backup and Sanchez is the starter from day f*cking one! Just b/c the media (ESPN) played up a QB controversy when there really never was one isn't Rex or the Jets problem. And there reasoning of why Tebow wasn't quitting on his teammates was b/c they weren't making the playoffs so the season was over anyway so it's ok to quit then apparently. How is what Tebow did any better then what Holmes did last year? F*cking hypocrites!

Here is what some guys who actually played football had to say:

Erik Ainge ‏@ErikAinge3
    The @nyjets don't owe Tebow anything. He's payed to do what he's told. That's how that league works.

Matt Bowen ‏@MattBowen41
    I'm surprised Tebow asked to be taken out of #Jets Wildcat package. Doesn't seem like a player that would fold under some adversity.

Stephen White ‏@sgw94
    Boy I wonder how many folks excusing Tebow cuz he was "lied" to excused Haynesworth when Redskins went to a 3-4 LMAO no I dont, I know betta

Chris Harris ‏@ChrisHarrisNFL
    Just caught wind of the Tebow story. If accurate, how is what he did any different from what Santonio Holmes did at end of yr? Both selfish

Gerald Alexander ‏@GAlexander21
    No way around it. It was selfish. No way u can spin it. It was selfish. In a team sport where u must play a role. It was selfish. Period

Gerald Alexander ‏@GAlexander21
    To the "he wasn't given a chance" crowd. That chance is called "Training Camp"

And just like I heard on this site from Tebowites the dumb f*cks on First Take were saying how he was never given a shot. That's complete BS, in the NFL when you are a backup you get your shot from Tuesday-Friday to prove to the coaches that you deserve playing time. And from multiple players, coaches and front office people (anonymously) they have said how terrible Tebow was in practice. The argument Tebowites love to use is that he is not a good practice player and that he never was but they should just play him b/c he is great in the games. That's a joke. Even Slauson said he didn't consider him a QB and that wasn't anonymous. So that being said why should he have ever been given a shot to play in the games? Just b/c he's Tebow? Give me a break already. Why is he special? B/c he believes in God and loves to stand on his soap box and pretend he is something special. You don't need to be devoted to God to be a good man, that's a bill of goods Bible thumpers have been trying to sell for a long time. No matter who or what you believe in it's about character and sh*tting and turning your back on your teammates doesn't show good character.

ESPN tried to spin the story and say how on Friday Tebow went to Rex and said that he would do anything to help the team. Well that's too f*cking late. The Jets already game planned specifically without Tebow in their plans for 3 days at that point in time. He had already quit on his teammates. ESPN is trying to save face b/c the large majority of tv/radio personalities were projecting Tebow would start by the middle of the season (including Stephen A and that's why he is defending Tebow now) and then when he gets passed over by the 3rd string QB (the same exact thing that Tebow did to Brady Quinn last year, where were these "it's not fair" cry babies then?) the network and their stooges looked dumb as f*ck. So now they're turning Rex into a villain and trying to make Tebow look like the little guy sticking up to the man. It's f*cking outrageous. The Jets organization has made enough problems for themselves on their own, they don't need people fabricating sh*t as well. 7 more days and we rid ourselves of this cancer (i.e Tebow only fans and Tebow the fraud himself)

Mods, please rename thread ''Tim Tebow, his fans and the media make me want to vomit''...

I agree.

Preach on...

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I DVR'd First Take this morning to hear what Stephen A and the other blowhard had to say about Tebow quitting on his teammates and I was amazed to hear what they said. They said that Rex sold a bill of goods to not only Tebow but the media and the New York Jets fans about how Tebow would be used this year. They kept saying that Tebow was promised a 50/50 chance to start. Wtf are they talking about? From day one Rex said, "Mark is our starter, Tebow was brought in here to be the backup". They said that Tebow would be used as the person punt protector and wildcat QB. Rex has always consistently said that Tebow is the backup and Sanchez is the starter from day f*cking one! Just b/c the media (ESPN) played up a QB controversy when there really never was one isn't Rex or the Jets problem. And there reasoning of why Tebow wasn't quitting on his teammates was b/c they weren't making the playoffs so the season was over anyway so it's ok to quit then apparently. How is what Tebow did any better then what Holmes did last year? F*cking hypocrites!

And just like I heard on this site from Tebowites the dumb f*cks on First Take were saying how he was never given a shot. That's complete BS, in the NFL when you are a backup you get your shot from Tuesday-Friday to prove to the coaches that you deserve playing time. And from multiple players, coaches and front office people (anonymously) they have said how terrible Tebow was in practice. The argument Tebowites love to use is that he is not a good practice player and that he never was but they should just play him b/c he is great in the games. That's a joke. Even Slauson said he didn't consider him a QB and that wasn't anonymous. So that being said why should he have ever been given a shot to play in the games? Just b/c he's Tebow? Give me a break already. Why is he special? B/c he believes in God and loves to stand on his soap box and pretend he is something special. You don't need to be devoted to God to be a good man, that's a bill of goods Bible thumpers have been trying to sell for a long time. No matter who or what you believe in it's about character and sh*tting and turning your back on your teammates doesn't show good character.

ESPN tried to spin the story and say how on Friday Tebow went to Rex and said that he would do anything to help the team. Well that's too f*cking late. The Jets already game planned specifically without Tebow in their plans for 3 days at that point in time. He had already quit on his teammates. ESPN is trying to save face b/c the large majority of tv/radio personalities were projecting Tebow would start by the middle of the season (including Stephen A and that's why he is defending Tebow now) and then when he gets passed over by the 3rd string QB (the same exact thing that Tebow did to Brady Quinn last year, where were these "it's not fair" cry babies then?) the network and their stooges looked dumb as f*ck. So now they're turning Rex into a villain and trying to make Tebow look like the little guy sticking up to the man. It's f*cking outrageous. The Jets organization has made enough problems for themselves on their own, they don't need people fabricating sh*t as well. 7 more days and we rid ourselves of this cancer (i.e Tebow only fans and Tebow the fraud himself)
    Well played sir!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Well played sir!
    Thank you

Jets Insider VIP
    Poor Widdle Timmy

Bwessed with zewo abiwity and not woved by those meanie weanie Jets.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I first would like to wish everyone who reads this a very Merry Christmas. I don't post here often but thought I'd chime in on this one while I wait for the fun to begin.

I must say that I'm confused by posts like these that complain about one of the many dbag mediots by posting their words to be rehashed and discussed. I run into that with a Pats fan that hates Ron Borges and reprints his rubbish too. The best way to handle them

What I think that shows is the power that media has over us. They can make or break any person at any time. They can also make us sick of someone, as they have done with their treatment of Tebow. They took what was by all acounts a very decent young man and turned him into the Christ or anti-Christ, depending on the views and vulnerability of the individual making the judgement.

It's past time that we reel in the mediots.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 12-25-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Tebow came here with the intention of being the primary back up. Like him or not he wasn't given that role when it actually mattered. He was pass up by a guy I could out play and for no real reason. For those who will say Elroy is an actual QB I say no he really isn't. Tebow comes in to do 2 plays a game that the fans dont want to see anyway and are poorly designed. He is tired of playing for a team that obviously don't want him on the field and it is hard to blame him. It is obvious he was mislead from day one coming here. He is standing up for himself. Not team play? How can you quit on a team that has already said no we aren't playing you? Either way he'd be a bench warmer. If they wanted him to actually play QB I'm sure he would. The only people that think him refusing to do the WC is a big deal are the ones that didn't want to be here to start. Just so they can gloat. The rest don't really care if he plays or not at this point. The WC is stupid and has no place in a pro O.

Jets Insider VIP
    If tebow started from day 1 and we ran an offense simiar to what was run in Denver last year and we didnt ask him to gain 20 lbs, we would be 10-6 and in the playoffs.

But Rex wanted to go down in flames with sanchez and in 7 days he will find out that it cost him his job.

Lets move on from tebow. The OP dvr ing first take just shows how obsessed all of u are with tebow(lovers and haters).

Lets figure out what qb we can take in the first round of the upcoming draft and stop talking about tebow.

Shocking that Stephen A. Smith is lost when it comes to football. Here is a guy that said on air (as the host of a show, no less) that a team should have attempted a FG on third down because, if they missed, could always try again on 4th.

But I blame ESPN for running a circus of their own in Bristol. Its more important to have pretend tough guys with "strong" opinions as opposed to intelligent opinions.

I DVR'd First Take this morning
    That's where you lost me.

Stephen A. Dummy makes me puke and I can't believe idiots as Braylon would say watch/listen to this moron!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If tebow started from day 1 and we ran an offense simiar to what was run in Denver last year and we didnt ask him to gain 20 lbs, we would be 10-6 and in the playoffs.

But Rex wanted to go down in flames with sanchez and in 7 days he will find out that it cost him his job.

Lets move on from tebow. The OP dvr ing first take just shows how obsessed all of u are with tebow(lovers and haters).

Lets figure out what qb we can take in the first round of the upcoming draft and stop talking about tebow.
    It's about the hypocrisy of the media. And Wile E Coyote could have won 10 games as the QB of this Jets team as long as he didn't turn the ball over 2 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Disagree, we would have been worse in my opinion

Veteran
    poor, poor, little king timmy didn't get his way

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It's about the hypocrisy of the media. And Wile E Coyote could have won 10 games as the QB of this Jets team as long as he didn't turn the ball over 2 times a game.
    Disagree I like the Road Runner he has the speed and could catch his own passes..

To me Tim should have gotten a start and McElroy the 2nd half and then reverse it the final game. But this is in no way is an excuse to opt out of the game. I understand Tebow's point that to expect a QB to come in for a couple of plays a game cold and expect some kind of performance is wrong. But he is under contract to play qb. They did not ask him to play o-line or LB

No fan would have complained if Tebow and McElroy split halves. the season was lost so if Tebow sucked it was better for the draft, If Mcelroy let it up, Tim would have no recourse as he was out played.

But fans also have to look at it from a player PR standpoint, The jets talked him up, said he was going to get snaps, and that they were going to develop packages for him. There is no getting around this. When a vet FA is brought in and the jets tell him he will get snaps in packages, the jets "word" is cast into doubt.

just a good example of piss poor talent evaluation.

Jets Insider VIP
    You mean like Suckchez did! I am a Jets fan and I do not really know what was told to Tebow or anyone else to lure them into coming to the Jets. I doubt anyone here knows it except sg3. He knows everything! In any event I think that the whole team looked like a circus act this year and I think WRECKS Ryan is the blame along with Tannybum and Suckchez! If anything Suckchez proved beyond a reasonale doubt that he is not a starting NFL QB. He was laughable at times, if you weren't a Jets fan! Many times he was painful to watch if you are a Jets fan! Hope springs eternal! There is always next year!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You mean like Suckchez did! I am a Jets fan and I do not really know what was told to Tebow or anyone else to lure them into coming to the Jets. I doubt anyone here knows it except sg3. He knows everything! In any event I think that the whole team looked like a circus act this year and I think WRECKS Ryan is the blame along with Tannybum and Suckchez! If anything Suckchez proved beyond a reasonale doubt that he is not a starting NFL QB. He was laughable at times, if you weren't a Jets fan! Many times he was painful to watch if you are a Jets fan! Hope springs eternal! There is always next year!
    So also say the fans of the Eagles,Lions,Cards,Fins,Browns,Jax,KC,Raiders, Chargers,Bills,Titans and this year even the Steelers..

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    To me Tim should have gotten a start and McElroy the 2nd half and then reverse it the final game. But this is in no way is an excuse to opt out of the game. I understand Tebow's point that to expect a QB to come in for a couple of plays a game cold and expect some kind of performance is wrong. But he is under contract to play qb. They did not ask him to play o-line or LB

No fan would have complained if Tebow and McElroy split halves. the season was lost so if Tebow sucked it was better for the draft, If Mcelroy let it up, Tim would have no recourse as he was out played.

But fans also have to look at it from a player PR standpoint, The jets talked him up, said he was going to get snaps, and that they were going to develop packages for him. There is no getting around this. When a vet FA is brought in and the jets tell him he will get snaps in packages, the jets "word" is cast into doubt.

just a good example of piss poor talent evaluation.
    who cares what you think? Take it to the Pats board. Teblow, his fans, and NE trolls can.....nevermind, it''s Christmas.

First let me wish u all a very Happy Holiday season and the peace and blessing of he who you chose to follow to the Father.
    The OP was right on point and cut right to the chase. The only thing I would like to add is the Jets brought this upon themselves by trading for Tim. Again, who ever woke up and decided this would work be it Woody, Tanny or Rex needs to fess up and admit they screwed up by doing so.