Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be our next OC?

Who will be our next OC?

My vote goes to Norv Turner!

Thoughts...suggestions?

Jets Insider VIP
    Chad Pennington

I just think whoever comes in should be a joint venture. Woody, Rex, and Tanny all agree that this is the guy. I don't think it should just be Tanny agreeing to do whatever Rex wants.

That is how I believe things went down when Sparano was hired. Rex said he wanted Sparano and Tanny, whether he agreed or not, did what Rex wanted.

Well, regardless of how it went down, Sparano is obviously not the answer. If anything, Sanchez went down even faster on Sparano's watch than he did on Schotty's.

If it were me, I would want a guy that had as much focus and experience with a potent passing game as much the running game.

There's also a part of me that thinks no matter who the OC was, it didn't make a difference. Sanchez just wasn't good enough.

So the most important thing for the OC, Rex, Tanny, and Woody is to determine who will be our next QB. Or more specifically what QB will they select in this years draft? They are going to need to pick up another blue chipper and start to groom him to be the QB for the franchise.

All League
    Norv

Practice Squad
    Dirk Koetter from the Falcons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Norv Turner

God willing

Norv Turner or Hue Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I just think whoever comes in should be a joint venture. Woody, Rex, and Tanny all agree that this is the guy. I don't think it should just be Tanny agreeing to do whatever Rex wants.

That is how I believe things went down when Sparano was hired. Rex said he wanted Sparano and Tanny, whether he agreed or not, did what Rex wanted.

Well, regardless of how it went down, Sparano is obviously not the answer. If anything, Sanchez went down even faster on Sparano's watch than he did on Schotty's.

If it were me, I would want a guy that had as much focus and experience with a potent passing game as much the running game.

There's also a part of me that thinks no matter who the OC was, it didn't make a difference. Sanchez just wasn't good enough.

So the most important thing for the OC, Rex, Tanny, and Woody is to determine who will be our next QB. Or more specifically what QB will they select in this years draft? They are going to need to pick up another blue chipper and start to groom him to be the QB for the franchise.
    I actually think Tanny was the one who sold Sparano to Rex. Tanny has ties with Sparano through Parcells. Rex agreed, knowing that he had that "ground and pound" philosophy in Miami. Also, the last couple of days there are reports that Tanny is fighting for Sparano to get another year as OC. Tanny's fate as a GM has been sealed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post

Thoughts...suggestions?
    Depends what type of restructure Woody is going to do.
    Will he clean house? Their are several reports (in other threads) that he has started the search for a GM. We have to wait and see how deep the re-structure of the organization before we can even guess who the new OC will be.

Anyone who doesn't use the ground & pound scheme.
    Need fresh thinking & a new open minded oc that puts in an offense that utilizes the players we have or get skills.
    The times they are a changing.

Hall Of Fame
    Norv or bust.

I am hoping Woody took the opportunity to meet with him this past week.

There will be plenty of competition for his services.

Thoughts...suggestions?
    It'll be some nobody the Jets will promote from someone's existing staff/college, or a retread with mediocre past..........that's what the Jets do.

Lol@ norv. Do u guys watch football? He calls the same 5 plays all game. He sucks as bad as Sporano. We don't have the personnel to run Norv's offense. We need an innovative guy and one that will work with the unit we have here and try set up a system to adjust to the players not have players to adjust to his system. If Pitt lets go of Haley I say do what we should have done last year and pick the guy up. I said last year that was the route to go. He adjust a system to the players he has, the man is incredible. He took KC to the playoff's at one year and forced Weiss to run power running offense which led to their fall out. In Pitt Ben's ego with his 2 rings doesn't like being told too much and that can't last. We already know how he rerived Kurt Warner's career .... Bring Haley in and let him set up the system cause he'll adjust to his players. Especially his QB ...

He tried to make Ben release the ball quicker and more quick drops to avoid sacks and Ben just doesn't want to do it. Haley is a no nonsense guy and knows the game. In all honesty Rex and his little team of exotic defensive schemes can just sit and worry about the D and not have to even walk in an offensive meeting with Haley there. Haley has strong ties to our organization too ... GET HIM

No freakin retread ex coaches here!!!

Get rid of the entire coaching staff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Lol@ norv. Do u guys watch football? He calls the same 5 plays all game. He sucks as bad as Sporano. We don't have the personnel to run Norv's offense. We need an innovative guy and one that will work with the unit we have here and try set up a system to adjust to the players not have players to adjust to his system. If Pitt lets go of Haley I say do what we should have done last year and pick the guy up. I said last year that was the route to go. He adjust a system to the players he has, the man is incredible. He took KC to the playoff's at one year and forced Weiss to run power running offense which led to their fall out. In Pitt Ben's ego with his 2 rings doesn't like being told too much and that can't last. We already know how he rerived Kurt Warner's career .... Bring Haley in and let him set up the system cause he'll adjust to his players. Especially his QB ...

He tried to make Ben release the ball quicker and more quick drops to avoid sacks and Ben just doesn't want to do it. Haley is a no nonsense guy and knows the game. In all honesty Rex and his little team of exotic defensive schemes can just sit and worry about the D and not have to even walk in an offensive meeting with Haley there. Haley has strong ties to our organization too ... GET HIM
    Why are the Steelers going to let him go. I'm always weary of getting someone the Steelers don't want. See Holmes.

Bob Sutton - long time Jet linebackers coach. I hear he started working the offensive side of the ball last week and it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Bob Sutton - long time Jet linebackers coach. I hear he started working the offensive side of the ball last week and it showed.
    I'd keep him, Thurman & Dunbar anyone on Rex is fair game to be shown the door.

We need someone that can run the spread and zone read offense. Norv turner is not going to suddenly change what he has done his whole career

The guy I would like is Jeff Tedford, great at QB development, innovative, HC experience.

Rookie

Thoughts...suggestions?
    Interesting scenario was brought up the other day regarding Norv Turner and Rex Ryan. If you remember last year, Rex Ryan made a comment that if he was coaching the Chargers that he would have won 2-3 Super Bowls by now with the talent they had on that team. That is a major shot at Norv, so it would be interesting to see if he would want to work with Ryan. Of course money speaks volumes.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...rs-norv-turner

All Pro
    I'd keep him, Thurman & Dunbar anyone on Rex is fair game to be shown the door.
    Starting with Sporano, then Cavanaugh....