Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who will be our Next GM?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    did someone actually say tanny should get another year? lol... better question is who wants this job anyone? after woody has already turning off 90% of potentials by saying he would like to keep tanny as a cap guy, nobody thats good will want to work for woody Johnson.. He needs to sell.. but we need a offensive minded GM..Rex has done great with the D, getting the right players, drafting D guys is Rex. Mo Wilk is looking like a great pick b Rex now, so is Coples.. Look what happens when we draft offense.. terrible picks, outside of kerley.. Sure thats MT, but whoever else has had his ear on O drafting needs to go too.
    I wish greedy woody would sell he's more interested in the Republican party, PSL = $ then winning!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allow good to me
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'm on board for that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howis thisforretread. Reggie wayne dwight freeny marvin harrison edrin james marshall faulk dwight clark thurman thomas . Some re tread
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    why a retread like Polian whose best days are past him. why not a young up-and-coming football mind who has enjoyed success in today's NFL environment -- not Polian from the late 80s Bills. Again, Polian was fired in Indy because without Manning the talent on the team was so insufficient. Why bring that to NY?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like this guy from the Texans that Woody reportedly has contacted. Houston is a team that has drafted very well in recent years..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    Howis thisforretread. Reggie wayne dwight freeny marvin harrison edrin james marshall faulk dwight clark thurman thomas . Some re tread
    Polian was handed a gift when that gutless POS P. Manning decided to stay at Tenn instead of coming to NYJ. Having said that, in more than a decade he failed big time to surround Manning with a defense credible enough to win more than 1 SB despite P. Manning being one-of the all time playoff choke jobs in history.

For the record, the same can be said of that fraud up in NE -- Belicheat. That defensive mastermind can't field a SB winning defense without cameras spying on the opponent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    How about someone in the past 10 years. If Tanny had his draft reord since 2004 he'd be rightly killed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    How about someone in the past 10 years. If Tanny had his draft reord since 2004 he'd be rightly killed.
    Exactly my point, and the reason he was fired by Indy. All Polian needed to do each year was field a decent defense, nothing exceptional. Imagine in the weak AFC south, which Indy dominated for a decade, if the Colts had a serviceable defense with some talent what that team could've had in terms of titles?

Polian's draft record the past decade is nothing to hold up as some level of success. Why would the Jets want this retread...because the mediots on ESPN is pushing his candidacy? No thanks, I will pass. Let's go with a younger college scout with a demonstrated record of draft success recently.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I like this guy from the Texans that Woody reportedly has contacted. Houston is a team that has drafted very well in recent years..
    I have soured on Woody and long for the Leon Hess days. He was a class act.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    yes....I wish small pox would come back. I wouldn't need to be a JETS fan very long.

I MUST assume you are joking....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    I realize we are all disappointed with this season. However, classy Leon did not have a clue and is the reason the franchise has suffered for many years. Please, let's not go there. I don't understand how a brilliant individual can create an empire like Hess oil but be such a lousy owner of a football team?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I realize we are all disappointed with this season. However, classy Leon did not have a clue and is the reason the franchise has suffered for many years. Please, let's not go there. I don't understand how a brilliant individual can create an empire like Hess oil but be such a lousy owner of a football team?
    You are right! I do miss his candor his grandfather role. Great man & I can say I happily bought Hess gasoline. The old man wanted to win before he passed away God bless his soul.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly my point, and the reason he was fired by Indy. All Polian needed to do each year was field a decent defense, nothing exceptional. Imagine in the weak AFC south, which Indy dominated for a decade, if the Colts had a serviceable defense with some talent what that team could've had in terms of titles?

Polian's draft record the past decade is nothing to hold up as some level of success. Why would the Jets want this retread...because the mediots on ESPN is pushing his candidacy? No thanks, I will pass. Let's go with a younger college scout with a demonstrated record of draft success recently.
    Man, it must just absolutely kill you that Peyton and Tom just won't go away, doesn't it. I mean, you have some serious hang-ups on both these dudes. So much glory while the Jets get none. Grrrr. Can you imagine if they play til 40?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-26-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another chowd troll gloating

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Man, it must just absolutely kill you that Peyton and Tom just won't go away, doesn't it. I mean, you have some serious hang-ups on both these dudes. So much glory while the Jets get none. Grrrr. Can you imagine if they play til 40?
    Peyton is a class act & I've met him & his wife. Bottom line he doesn't play for us and turned us down therefore we don't need to discuss what if....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I know one thing troll, at least the Jets 1 championship is not tainted like the 3 the Pats acquired. That asterisk is embedded is well known, except of course for you dopes up in NE. The destruction of the evidence so quickly sealed that deal.

By the way, wasn't it you and the other trolls who were quick to jump on NO as cheaters.....how did that turn out? NFL's investigation has Kraft's boy [commish] quickly backtracking. As it turns out, the only organization that has the stench of cheating is NE. Live with your tainted glory, troll.

Pre Spygate 3 Titles*; Post Spygate 0 (8 years & counting......)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    He and this 49ers guy are starting to grow on me.