Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be our Next GM?

Who will be our Next GM?

This is arguably the most important in years for our franchise!

Whoever it is they need to be strong on drafting and player evaluations.

My pick... Tom Gamble

Jets Insider VIP
    Mangini

Tannenbaum

I still believe he deserves one more season. Sorry if this is something no one agrees with in this thread. But if you're asking me what my honest choice is? It is Tanny.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Tannenbaum

I still believe he deserves one more season. Sorry if this is something no one agrees with in this thread. But if you're asking me what my honest choice is? It is Tanny.
    **** no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Mangini
    Great idea

Lets make things even worse with Itsaprocess

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Tannenbaum

Go kill another deer.

Jets Insider VIP
    GM Bill Polian

HC Rex Ryan

OC Norv Turner

DC Dennis Thurman

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    GM Bill Polian

HC Rex Ryan

OC Norv Turner

DC Dennis Thurman
    I'm on board for that.

Jets Insider VIP
    GM Bill Polian

HC Rex Ryan

OC Norv Turner

DC Dennis Thurman
    Could happen

Dont think Pollian wants to unretire

Whoever replaces Tanny ....and he is definitely out..will choose the HC ...could be Rex...and the replacement for godawful Sparano

Strongly hope Thurman is retained and san excellent choice for DC

Also hope that Dunbar is retained ...best DL coach we've had in a decade or more.

Also think that Ben Kotwica that Westhoff has been grooming for a few years now is kept as STC

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

GM Bill Polian

HC Rex Ryan

OC Norv Turner

DC Dennis Thurman
    I like it!!! That's all I want for xmas!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    GM Bill Polian

HC Rex Ryan

OC Norv Turner

DC Dennis Thurman
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    **** no.
    Tannenbaum has done some good, but's time to bring in an exceptional college/talent evaluator

New York Jets General Manager Candidate: Tom Gamble
    By John B on Dec 22

Tom Gamble is a very experienced general manager candidate. He has experience doing pretty much everything. His bio on the 49ers website notes he has scouted college and professional football, negotiated contracts, and coached. He even has ties to the Kotite Era Jets. Despite that unfortunate resume blemish, Gamble is a desired general manager candidate.

Since 2011, he has been Director of Player Personnel. He has been given some responsibility over the Draft, but Gamble's primary responsibility has been making sure the 49ers acquire the best available players from other teams.

Gamble has a solid track record. The Niners have become one of the best teams in the NFL under his watch at least in part because of solid free agent additions such as Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, and Jonathan Goodwin. I happen to think the success is due much more to the incredible coaching of Jim Harbaugh and Harbaugh's staff., but Gamble has been part of a well-run organization.

Gamble has a lot of experience in the NFL, which means he has a long list of quality people he knows and could bring in. He also has been involved in more aspects of running a team than many first time general managers do. I'm not really sure he'd be a homerun hire, but he is qualified to be a general manager. I wouldn't be thrilled if he was hired, but I wouldn't be upset either.

Would you approve of Gamble becoming GM?

GM Bill Polian

HC Rex Ryan

OC Norv Turner

DC Dennis Thurman
    Bill Polian would never keep Rex. I don't believe he is his type of personality. Polian likes the low-key type.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'm on board for that.
    I've been heavily for Rex going but with a powerful GM that won't listen to his nonsense might work.

I just hope Woody learned a valuable lesson this year from all that has happened. If these reports are true that he's already started the search for a GM, then that's a positive start. The hiccup in this though is if Woody is looking for a GM who would be willing to keep Rex in 2013. That's what concerns me.

If they r gonna let u buy the groceries, they should at least let u cook the dinner

Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    If they r gonna let u buy the groceries, they should at least let u cook the dinner
    Great Parcells line!!! Man I miss those days when we we're a reputable organization. Bring back the Tuna!!!!