Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75

Thread: Positives to the end of the worst season since Kotite

  1. #21
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Jets' Cheerleaders

    The Jets have some gorgeous cheerleaders who can move around real well. That is a definite positive for this team.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all due respects, some Jets fans are just pathetic. This fan base sucks. Other coaches with much less on-field accomplishments than Rex survived --Texans, Bengals, Belicheat pre-Tammy, etc. Stability matters in any organization. A change at HC is not warranted.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Very fair points. However, I do think people re-invent history when they claim Rex took over a very talented team in '09, there were plenty of holes when Rex was hired. That said since the end of the 2011 lockout, the personnel decisions have been abysmal.
    It was talented enough to go 10-6 the prior year and was the #1 ranked teamin the AFC power rankings after beating the pats in foxboro and the titans in tenn in back to back weeks in November under mangini. To that team Tanny added Bart Scott, Jim Leonard and Braylon Edwards, Slasuon Greene and Sanchez. Before Rex coached a game.

    Then Rex coached that team to a 9-7 record only after Cinci and Indy both threw their last games of the year. If either team not thrown 1 of the last two games, Rex never would have made the playoffs that year, even with those extra players on the team that was Ranked the #1 team the previous November. Even Rex thought the jets were not making the playoffs with 3 weeks to go in the season.
    Last edited by patman; 12-25-2012 at 10:35 AM.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It was talented enough to go 10-6 the prior year and was the #1 ranked teamin the AFC power rankings after beating the pats in foxboro and the titans in tenn in back to back weeks. to that team Rex added Bart Scott, Jim Leonard and Braylon Edwards, Slasuon Greene and Sanchez. Before Rex coached a game.
    That was before Favre got hurt in 08..In 07 the team was 4-12..

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    In all due respects, some Jets fans are just pathetic. This fan base sucks. Other coaches with much less on-field accomplishments than Rex survived --Texans, Bengals, Belicheat pre-Tammy, etc. Stability matters in any organization. A change at HC is not warranted.
    Again, quit with the Belichick in cleveland! he took over a 2 win team then went 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 then 11-5 and made the playoffs. This was for a team before FA
    (please dont count plan B as a free agents) andfor one of the cheapest owners in the nfl. If the team did not quit once the city voted down the new stadium and Modell announced the move his record would have been a lot better.

    From a PR perspective it was a disaster after he benched the home town boy Kosar, and he was hated by the media for locking the locker room to the media.
    But the team got better every year.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Again, quit with the Belichick in cleveland! he took over a 2 win team then went 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 then 11-5 and made the playoffs. This was for a team before FA
    (please dont count plan B as a free agents) andfor one of the cheapest owners in the nfl. If the team did not quit once the city voted down the new stadium and Modell announced the move his record would have been a lot better.

    From a PR perspective it was a disaster after he benched the home town boy Kosar, and he was hated by the media for locking the locker room to the media.
    But the team got better every year.
    He didnt diss BB. He just stated records...whats the problem there?

    I think the majority of JETS fans wish BB had stayed with NYJ.

    No need to feed the fuel of a few... and he wasn't. Calling him Billicheat is a sign of endearment.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Again, quit with the Belichick in cleveland! he took over a 2 win team then went 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 then 11-5 and made the playoffs. This was for a team before FA
    (please dont count plan B as a free agents) andfor one of the cheapest owners in the nfl. If the team did not quit once the city voted down the new stadium and Modell announced the move his record would have been a lot better.

    From a PR perspective it was a disaster after he benched the home town boy Kosar, and he was hated by the media for locking the locker room to the media.
    But the team got better every year.
    Actually it was a 3 win team that prior to that was in the playoffs 5 years in a row..

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all due respects, some Jets fans are just pathetic. This fan base sucks. Other coaches with much less on-field accomplishments than Rex survived --Texans, Bengals, Belicheat pre-Tammy, etc. Stability matters in any organization. A change at HC is not warranted.
    Um, bellicheat pre tom brady was fired from Clevland.

    So we should aspire to be like the texans who have never won anything and will be one and done in the playoffs this year.

    Better yet, you suggest we be like the bengals who also have won nothing and will be one and done as well in the playoffs.

    And we are pathetic?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It was talented enough to go 10-6 the prior year and was the #1 ranked teamin the AFC power rankings after beating the pats in foxboro and the titans in tenn in back to back weeks in November under mangini. To that team Tanny added Bart Scott, Jim Leonard and Braylon Edwards, Slasuon Greene and Sanchez. Before Rex coached a game.

    Then Rex coached that team to a 9-7 record only after Cinci and Indy both threw their last games of the year. If either team not thrown 1 of the last two games, Rex never would have made the playoffs that year, even with those extra players on the team that was Ranked the #1 team the previous November. Even Rex thought the jets were not making the playoffs with 3 weeks to go in the season.
    The '08 team had Brett Farve who until he hurt his arm was having a great season while Rex had a rookie QB. Stop with the nonsense.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He didnt diss BB. He just stated records...whats the problem there?

    I think the majority of JETS fans wish BB had stayed with NYJ.

    No need to feed the fuel of a few... and he wasn't. Calling him Billicheat is a sign of endearment.
    Seriously, Belicheat, who cares? he said less accomplishment. I don't consider
    what BB did in Cleveland much less of an accomplisment. BB took over a horrible team before FA. Rex took over a team that was ranked highly. The team then went out and signed 40 mill of FA and since the jets could not afford no more FA every year and there was no more depth so that you could package picks to trade up the team has regressed.

    A good comparison is that the Cowboys don't make the playoffs this year after 9-7. A coaching change is done and Romo is let go, The Jerry Jones signs 20 mill of FA, say Smith and Volmer and then the next year they sign 20 mill more. Would you think that any great accomplishment if the went and lost back to back conference Championships, while never winning the divison?

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    The '08 team had Brett Farve who until he hurt his arm was having a great season while Rex had a rookie QB. Stop with the nonsense.
    and to that team rex added what? Edwards, Scott, Leonard, Slauson.

    Rex did a nice job, with a veteran team, that got chaffed under mangini and was ready for a change. Now if Rex took over this team next year and went to a championship game, my tune would change for sure.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Um, bellicheat pre tom brady was fired from Clevland.So we should aspire to be like the texans who have never won anything and will be one and done in the playoffs this year.

    Better yet, you suggest we be like the bengals who also have won nothing and will be one and done as well in the playoffs.

    And we are pathetic?
    BB with Bledsoe was 5-11 the year before Brady became the starter thanks to Mo..

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    BB with Bledsoe was 5-11 the year before Brady became the starter thanks to Mo..
    Keep Rex and wait for his "Brady"

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    BB with Bledsoe was 5-11 the year before Brady became the starter thanks to Mo..
    correct, and that is a team that he gutted, and was over the cap. That was a team that was so devoid of talent after 4 years of bad drafts that he carried 4 QBs on the roster as the positon players sucked that bad. Rex did not gut the team that he took over, he added players.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Keep Rex and wait for his "Brady"
    Ahhh That reminds me it's time for a old Brady Christmas song..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Keep Rex and wait for his "Brady"
    Don't take me wrong, I think the jets should keep Rex. To me there is no superior coaching talent out there that warrants a change. Let him coach next years team which is a product of the Tanny/Rex brain trust, see what he can do.
    Then if the potential or results are not there, a new coach can be brought in with a good salary cap position making the jets an attractive destination for the best coach out there.

    But I would not wait for a once in a decade type qb to come along.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ahhh That reminds me it's time for a old Brady Christmas song..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg
    That was beautiful.......

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Don't take me wrong, I think the jets should keep Rex. To me there is no superior coaching talent out there that warrants a change. Let him coach next years team which is a product of the Tanny/Rex brain trust, see what he can do.
    Then if the potential or results are not there, a new coach can be brought in with a good salary cap position making the jets an attractive destination for the best coach out there.

    But I would not wait for a once in a decade type qb to come along.
    I agree with this

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    and to that team rex added what? Edwards, Scott, Leonard, Slauson.

    Rex did a nice job, with a veteran team, that got chaffed under mangini and was ready for a change. Now if Rex took over this team next year and went to a championship game, my tune would change for sure.
    If the '09 team Rex coached had Favre, they go to the Super Bowl. Farve had a great year in '09.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    If the '09 team Rex coached had Favre, they go to the Super Bowl. Farve had a great year in '09.
    And if the 08 team had a healthy Farve the last month, Mangini may have also and would have done it without without Slauson, Edwards, Scott and Leonard.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us