Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Positives to the end of the worst season since Kotite

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Then why don't you just refute what I posted. Your the guy that said the play had no playoff bearing and you made the bigger mistake in forgetting that Seattle was a AFC team. plus it was so grievous a call that all objections to instant replay crumbled.
    That's right, Seattle was still in the AFCW at the time. Shoot me because I forgot something from 15 years ago, troll.

Again, to compare a non call with more than a month in the regular season to a game changing decisive call in the divisional round of the playoffs just illustrates what a homer you are.

Edit: When the Seahawks lost to the Jets, the team was 6-7. The 6th seed in the AFC that year, troll, was your very own Pats who finished at 9-7. So, once again, unlike your fluke gift, tainted playoff victory over oakland, Seattle still had a chance to make the playoffs after losing to the Jets. Nice try, troll.
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 12-25-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    That's right, Seattle was still in the AFCW at the time. Shoot me because I forgot something from 15 years ago, troll.

Again, to compare a non call with more than a month in the regular season to a game changing decisive call in the divisional round of the playoffs just illustrates what a homer you are.
    It was not a non call, it was a blown call why can't you understand the difference? If the correct call was made according to the rules the seahawks would have been in the playoffs. Mike Perreira and all the other refs to this day say the tuck rule call was correct. It was and still is a lousy rule. But the call itself was correct. You are trying to say a correct call is worse than a blown call of having to put the ball in the end zone to score.

For all intents and purposes it knocked seattle out of the playoffs as they finished 8-8. And in 1998 Seattle was in the AFC. And while the tuck rule has never been changed, that call brought about the return of instant replay. But since you dont remember that Seattle was an afc team, you would not recall that also. Also the guy who made that call is the same ref that screwed up the coin toss call.
    People forget that Bradway wanted Russell Martin.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    People forget that Bradway wanted Russell Martin.
    LOL.

It was not a non call, it was a blown call why can't you understand the difference? If the correct call was made according to the rules the seahawks would have been in the playoffs. Mike Perreira and all the other refs to this day say the tuck rule call was correct. It was and still is a lousy rule. But the call itself was correct. You are trying to say a correct call is worse than a blown call of having to put the ball in the end zone to score.
    I never heard anyone say it was the correct call except Pats homers. I saw a program on some of the worst calls in NFL History and this was one of them. Everyone was in agreement that it was total b/s.

Please don't tell me about what was a blown call. I watched the game. Yes, the Jets played terribly in that game. It was their only bad game in the entire 2nd half of the season except for losing to Indy. The b/s tuck rule against Oakland was NOT the right call no matter how many time you post it. Funny how these controversies only involve the Pats -- tuck rule, spygate....please take your tainted wins and get lost.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This is the worst season since Kotite. Doesn't matter what the record is. The years where we had worse records we had injuries to our QB. That happens. This year has been the most futile performance since Kotite. Plain and simple.

Spare me Revis and Holmes. We couldn't pass with Holmes and the defense didn't fall apart after Revis.
    Perhaps. But only because the Jets have had very few losing seasons since that era.

I never heard anyone say it was the correct call except Pats homers. I saw a program on some of the worst calls in NFL History and this was one of them. Everyone was in agreement that it was total b/s.

Please don't tell me about what was a blown call. I watched the game. Yes, the Jets played terribly in that game. It was their only bad game in the entire 2nd half of the season except for losing to Indy. The b/s tuck rule against Oakland was NOT the right call no matter how many time you post it. Funny how these controversies only involve the Pats -- tuck rule, spygate....please take your tainted wins and get lost.
    Mike Perriera many times said that it was the correct call. **** I seen the trophies a couple of months ago, they were brite and shiny, not tainted at all.

Mike Perriera many times said that it was the correct call. **** I seen the trophies a couple of months ago, they were brite and shiny, not tainted at all.
    According to you. I have heard many others say differently. As for your trophies, yes, tainted; maybe not in the eyes of a homer like yourself. But for many others, we feel differently. Add the commish destroying the evidence and that's all you need to know.

Now troll, take your tainted trophies and shove it up your ***!

Pre Spygate: 3 Titles; Post Spygate O Titles (8 years and counting......)

According to you. I have heard many others say differently. As for your trophies, yes, tainted; maybe not in the eyes of a homer like yourself. But for many others, we feel differently. Add the commish destroying the evidence and that's all you need to know.

Merry Christmas, SJU! How was your Thanksgiving?

Well I hope they win it before you run out of fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Merry Christmas, SJU! How was your Thanksgiving?
    Thanks for asking. I was hoping you would choke on your turkey dinner and disappear. Unfortunately, you are still here....trolling.

I think Tannenbaum will get fired rather than demoted.

Also, I don't think there was much Tebow drama at all this year. It was pretty muted by NYC media standards.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimefan47 View Post
    The Jets have some gorgeous cheerleaders who can move around real well. That is a definite positive for this team.
    Agreed...remember the days we didn't have cheerleaders?!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The biggest positive is that Tanny and rex are getting canned in 6 days.
    rex isnt going anywhere mike T is getting demotted and he will be the bumbers guy and sporano will be canned ....read up first rex is a good coach beeds moire time with O which is nit going ot happen because pettine is leaving to be a head coach,

Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    rex isnt going anywhere mike T is getting demotted and he will be the bumbers guy and sporano will be canned ....read up first rex is a good coach beeds moire time with O which is nit going ot happen because pettine is leaving to be a head coach,
    I doubt Mike P. gets head coaching job it's about the $ if he stays... Promote Thurman or Dunbar or give NO assistant coach status like we've done for other coaches.