Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Positives to the end of the worst season since Kotite

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And if the 08 team had a healthy Farve the last month, Mangini may have also and would have done it without without Slauson, Edwards, Scott and Leonard.
    I'm not anti Mangini. If Farve stayed healthy in '08, there would have been no Rex in '09.

All Pro
    It was talented enough to go 10-6 the prior year and was the #1 ranked teamin the AFC power rankings after beating the pats in foxboro and the titans in tenn in back to back weeks in November under mangini. To that team Tanny added Bart Scott, Jim Leonard and Braylon Edwards, Slasuon Greene and Sanchez. Before Rex coached a game.

Then Rex coached that team to a 9-7 record only after Cinci and Indy both threw their last games of the year. If either team not thrown 1 of the last two games, Rex never would have made the playoffs that year, even with those extra players on the team that was Ranked the #1 team the previous November. Even Rex thought the jets were not making the playoffs with 3 weeks to go in the season.
    What else can you expect from a troll fan of the team who was the recipient of of the biggest gift ever, the tuck rule?

The Jets were 9-7 in '08, Edwards didnt arrive until game 5 in 09

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It may not be the worst season since Kotite statistically but it certainly felt like it in that most of us saw this slow motion train wreck before the powers that be did. Inept leadership is the common thread here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It may not be the worst season since Kotite statistically but it certainly felt like it in that most of us saw this slow motion train wreck before the powers that be did. Inept leadership is the common thread here.
    2007 4-12 for me was much worse..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Losing 2 QBs in minutes - almost incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    What else can you expect from a troll fan of the team who was the recipient of of the biggest gift ever, the tuck rule?

The Jets were 9-7 in '08, Edwards didnt arrive until game 5 in 09
    What did i say that was trolling, Do you not think that if Farve was healthy the 08 team would have had just a good chance as the 09 team. The jets in 09 were never ranked in the top of the power rankings, and rex said he did not think they were going to make the playoffs.

And the tuck rule was the correct interpretation of the rule, You don't like the rule, fine, but the NFL still has not changed it 10 years later. I don't like the rule either but it is a rule. Compare that to Testervede helmet scoring against the seahawks. Which was a blown call- how can you even compare the two.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It was within 3 offensive plays wasn't it??

Jets Insider VIP
    but at least we KNEW exactly why we were bad. basically needed to plug that hole.

We took that season in stride. we beat the Steelers that year too.

NOW...we have a screen door as a boat.

That was '05

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    but at least we KNEW exactly why we were bad. basically needed to plug that hole.

We took that season in stride. we beat the Steelers that year too.

NOW...we have a screen door as a boat.
    I think a submarine with a screen door works better.. And we beat the Steelers with Clemens at QB who did something Chaddy could never do against Pitt.. Throw a td pass.. Come to think of it Chaddy never had a offensive td against the Steelers..
    Last edited by Savage69; 12-25-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    That was '05
    VERY similar seasons.

All Pro
    What did i say that was trolling, Do you not think that if Farve was healthy the 08 team would have had just a good chance as the 09 team. The jets in 09 were never ranked in the top of the power rankings, and rex said he did not think they were going to make the playoffs.

And the tuck rule was the correct interpretation of the rule, You don't like the rule, fine, but the NFL still has not changed it 10 years later. I don't like the rule either but it is a rule. Compare that to Testervede helmet scoring against the seahawks. Which was a blown call- how can you even compare the two.
    You assert IND and CIN "threw" the games to NYJ - is that not trolling

You "don't like" the tuck rule,

Favre in one Jets year was better and more exciting than Pennington and Sanchez and the less than one year wonder Vinny combined in a decade of stink and stunk - IMO Favre should have returned in 09

Leave it to the NE trolls to compare a playoff game changing decisive call to a regular season non conference game that, in the larger scheme, did not matter at all.

Its Christmas, give us Jets fans a gift and get lost, troll.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    That was '05
    Yes, exactly, I confused the '05 JAX dual injury game with the '07 NE game where Clemens came out after like 10 seconds FOR Pennington

You assert IND and CIN "threw" the games to NYJ - is that not trolling

You "don't like" the tuck rule,

Favre in one Jets year was better and more exciting than Pennington and Sanchez and the less than one year wonder Vinny combined in a decade of stink and stunk - IMO Favre should have returned in 09
    What I don't like it. It should have been a fumble. The patriots benefited from an obscure rule, but the ruling on the field was the correct interpretation of that rule. (but earlier that year it was called when testervede got sacked by the pats.)

What do you call pulling Manning out of a game? It might not be throwing the game but it was not giving a good effort at winning either.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Leave it to the NE trolls to compare a playoff game changing decisive call to a regular season non conference game that, in the larger scheme, did not matter at all.

For all intents and purposes it knocked seattle out of the playoffs as they finished 8-8. And in 1998 Seattle was in the AFC. And while the tuck rule has never been changed, that call brought about the return of instant replay. But since you dont remember that Seattle was an afc team, you would not recall that also. Also the guy who made that call is the same ref that screwed up the coin toss call.
    Last edited by patman; 12-25-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Point noted. This team had high expectations and fell flat b/c of the worst offense I've seen in years. God knows Sanchez was bad but had the worst skilled players in the league...injuries to Keller, Douche Holmes, Hill etc.

Its Christmas give a little thought into your posts. nevermind that, why don't you make a new years resolution to just post on topics that you have some knowledge, that will give the rest of us a break on explaining things to you.

Its Christmas give a little thought into your posts. nevermind that, why don't you make a new years resolution to just post on topics that you have some knowledge, that will give the rest of us a break on explaining things to you.
    How about this troll, since it is a concept to difficult for you and the other NE trolling pests to comprehend, this is a Jets fan forum!

Make a New Year's resolution to yourself and GTFO so we, Jets fans, dont need to explain football issues, that are easy to understand, to simple-minded Pats fans. Go troll on Patsfag.cum!

How about this troll, since it is a concept to difficult for you and the other NE trolling pests to comprehend, this is a Jets fan forum!

Make a New Year's resolution to yourself and GTFO so we, Jets fans, dont need to explain football issues, that are easy to understand, to simple-minded Pats fans. Go troll on Patsfag.cum!
    Then why don't you just refute what I posted. Your the guy that said the play had no playoff bearing and you made the bigger mistake in forgetting that Seattle was a AFC team. plus it was so grievous a call that all objections to instant replay crumbled.