Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major shake ups on OL

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets need a lot of cheap players, the best way to get cheap players is by the draft. Trade down to the mid 20s, get a 2nd. Get a guy like Cooper in the 1st and a guy like Thomas/Womack in the 2nd with the extra pick.
    Hmmm thanks for the tip BB..

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    I agree. Rex was so hung up the D, that he left no money for the O. I love Revis but we may need to do this.
    Yes, because trading the League's best CB in a passing league, with Tammy in our division, and P. Manning in our conference makes all the sense in the world. You are right. Let's do it.

Only SOJFs......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Yes, because trading the League's best CB in a passing league, with Tammy in our division, and P. Manning in our conference makes all the sense in the world. You are right. Let's do it.

Only SOJFs......
    Actually it's the opposite SOJF's idolize their one favorite player to the detriment of the team as a whole.. I think Revis is a great player but so was Deion and he was on 5 different teams in his career..

I'm all for picking up draft picks but only if the folks making those picks are even mildly competent.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Im the guy, who suggested it.Im getting slammed by some for suggesting a Revis trade Detroit was only a suggestion, as was the Redskins trade.There are a number of teams in need of a top cover corner.The Browns, raiders, etc, etc.
    There are 31 teams teams that would benefit from having Revis. But the team that trades for him will be required to pay him what he wants or he will walk at the end of 2013. He has always stated that he shuld be the hight paid defensive player. Right now that is either peppers or mario williams at 15 mill per.
    So if a team does not have at least 20 mill of cap room they are not a player.
    How many of those teams that have the cap room want to give 10-12% of the cap to a corner?

You said a top 10 pick plus a 2nd from Detroit as a resonable deal. Revis is the best corner but you can get DRC, Grimes, Jenkins, Cary Williams, Talib, Jammer without giving up a pick or a 12mill salary.

The raiders are in worse cap trouble than the Jets and the browns already have Haden. There is not a lot of teams that "need" revis, have the cap room, the philosophy to pay a corner or in other words not a cover two team, in which he would be wasted.

Plus the way that Tanny structured his contract it will cost the jets 9 mill in un-amoritzed SB in 2013. his salary next year according to jason with workout and roster bonus is 6 mill.

I am not saying the pats are right, but for instance they would not pay Samuel, as they don't place that value on a corner and he only wanted 2/3rd of what revis wants.
    Last edited by patman; 12-25-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Actually it's the opposite SOJF's idolize their one favorite player to the detriment of the team as a whole.. I think Revis is a great player but so was Deion and he was on 5 different teams in his career..
    I am not idolizing anyone. In a passing League, it is nuts to suggest trading the team's strongest asset. Why breakup arguably the strongest secondary in the NFL? And for what? Who is going to give us what Revis is truly worth/value coming off of a serious injury? Anything less than a first rounder is unacceptable imo.

As for Deion, he played at a time where the focus/offensive strategy was to run the ball; not throw it 30/40 yards down the field. The game has changed -- dramatically. At least one team scores 40/50 points a game each week. That has to be defended especially when your offense is so inept.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I am not idolizing anyone. In a passing League, it is nuts to suggest trading the team's strongest asset. Why breakup arguably the strongest secondary in the NFL? And for what? Who is going to give us what Revis is truly worth/value coming off of a serious injury? Anything less than a first rounder is unacceptable imo.

As for Deion, he played at a time where the focus/offensive strategy was to run the ball; not throw it 30/40 yards down the field. The game has changed -- dramatically. At least one team scores 40/50 points a game each week. That has to be defended especially when your offense is so inept.
    They used to say that when the AFL started in 1960 it was a passing bomb throwing league and that was before all the rule changes.. I just don't think Revis (As great as he is) is worth the trouble that will be coming next season because he is going to hold out for a new huge contract.. I rather have the picks and have 5 real good players instead of just one.. And yes we must upgrade our offense big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    They used to say that when the AFL started in 1960 it was a passing bomb throwing league and that was before all the rule changes.. I just don't think Revis (As great as he is) is worth the trouble that will be coming next season because he is going to hold out for a new huge contract.. I rather have the picks and have 5 real good players instead of just one.. And yes we must upgrade our offense big time..
    Have to agree here. But only because Cro does a decent job for the most part.

Thats right

Revis is a luxury, we can't afford. I must say though,i wouldn't be in favor of any trade if we can't get a 1st and another high pick

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Revis is a luxury, we can't afford. I must say though,i wouldn't be in favor of any trade if we can't get a 1st and another high pick
    Its not the right time to trade him due to the major injury! Unless we get 2 1st round picks for him..

Revis injury

Adrian Peterson tore his acl at the end of last year.Look at what he's doing. Revis was on espn a month ago saying that he was running and had full flexibility in that knee.I would settle or a 1st and 2nd.

trade Revis midseason for best value.. Whe teams see hes back to form they will feel better trading for.. Also teams in playoff hunt who has to watch 1 guy singlehandedly blow it for team in secondary (giants this yr) they will hand over a 1st rounder. D is not like O he canjust step in for any team just has to cover a team... D cords know Revis could be difference in not only playoffs but superbowl... will be a late pick if team is going to playoffs but best we can get.

I believe

I believe that one of the first things our new Gm does, is going to be getting feelers from other teams about what they could get for Revis .Just a feeling.Think about it. a 1st and 2nd, what do we do with that extra 2nd round pick.Ahhhhhhh, lets call Washington and try and work out something for Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    trade Revis midseason for best value.. Whe teams see hes back to form they will feel better trading for.. Also teams in playoff hunt who has to watch 1 guy singlehandedly blow it for team in secondary (giants this yr) they will hand over a 1st rounder. D is not like O he canjust step in for any team just has to cover a team... D cords know Revis could be difference in not only playoffs but superbowl... will be a late pick if team is going to playoffs but best we can get.
    Good idea.