Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are set at WR next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Why Norv? Some can argue that Rivers has regressed under him. Why not give a promotion to one of the offensive staffs from NO or GB? In the case of NO, even without Peyton, that offense has not missed a beat.
    Rivers is passing to a 31 year old Floyd, Danario Alexander?, Robert Meachem, and a 32 year old Gates. That is a far cry from what he had when he 1st came into the league. He will have over 3500 yards with that. Yeah he isn't an elite QB never was but has done fairly well given the weapons around him. Not to mention his line is a LOT worse then ours right now. He will have more sacks this year then his 1st two years combined. Ronnie Brown may actually be the best hands on that team right now LOL

All Pro
    Why Norv? Some can argue that Rivers has regressed under him. Why not give a promotion to one of the offensive staffs from NO or GB? In the case of NO, even without Peyton, that offense has not missed a beat.
    This team needs some experience to right this ship. From GM to the offense. Norv has had some success in being a OC. We are at square one with no QB and no offense identity. We are not Rex vision of ground and pound.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Is this a joke?

The Jets have arguably the worst WR corp in the league.
    No its not a joke. A good OC and average QB could win with a healthy Holmes and Hill with Bray and Kerely. But guidance and and QB is what is lacking. We still suffer from horrible play calling and horrible play designs where receivers are running too close together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Rivers is passing to a 31 year old Floyd, Danario Alexander?, Robert Meachem, and a 32 year old Gates. That is a far cry from what he had when he 1st came into the league. He will have over 3500 yards with that. Yeah he isn't an elite QB never was but has done fairly well given the weapons around him. Not to mention his line is a LOT worse then ours right now. He will have more sacks this year then his 1st two years combined. Ronnie Brown may actually be the best hands on that team right now LOL
    I hear you. Ok. But why not go with a young assistant from a recently demonstrated offensive minded team like NO or BG?

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    This team needs some experience to right this ship. From GM to the offense. Norv has had some success in being a OC. We are at square one with no QB and no offense identity. We are not Rex vision of ground and pound.
    I respectfully disagree. I still want to see if Sanchez can develop like he was 2 years ago with better talent around him. Hopefully, he will have better coaching too to combine with more weapons. If Mark fails, then, once again, cut his azz.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    How so? Holmes is a cancer, Stephen Hill didn't prove he can actually catch a football consistently, Braylon is not the same player he was 2 years ago... Kerley looks pretty solid as a #3 or #4 but after that, huge ???'s
    Braylon has only had two games with inconsistent QBs and you already have him labeled as not the same player he was two years ago. WOW! What tremendous insight you have! Please call WOODY and apply for Tannybum's GM job! The Jets need you!

Hall Of Fame
    I hear you. Ok. But why not go with a young assistant from a recently demonstrated offensive minded team like NO or BG?

I respectfully disagree. I still want to see if Sanchez can develop like he was 2 years ago with better talent around him. Hopefully, he will have better coaching too to combine with more weapons. If Mark fails, then, once again, cut his azz.....
    Suckchez should develop his skills in the CFL. He is not an NFL QB plain and simple. 4 years of below average QB play! The first two years he got by with a great defense and run game. Then it all came apart and he stunk up the joint! 51 turnovers in two years! Yet you want more! I want the Jets to win not regress even more with Suckchez at the helm.

Veteran
    Looks like we are all set for an amazingly mediocre 2013!

I hate to be negative but I have to disagree about the Jets being set for next year at WR.

Holmes was inconsistent before getting injured this year. He's a known clubhouse cancer and now he'll be a year out of practice. I hope he returns to form, and I think it's likely he will. But it's not certain

Edwards needs to show he's still a good WR. He is two years removed from being productive

Hill was bad this year. Many bad drops. Again, I'm hopeful, but you can't bank on Hill all of a sudden having good hands next year

I agree Kerley looks really good

As for the others...Shillens, Gates, etc....well....I think they've developed a lot this year which is positive....

It still feels to me like this could break either way. I hope it turns out well but I don't think it is correct to say they are set...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I hate to be negative but I have to disagree about the Jets being set for next year at WR.

Holmes was inconsistent before getting injured this year. He's a known clubhouse cancer and now he'll be a year out of practice. I hope he returns to form, and I think it's likely he will. But it's not certain

Edwards needs to show he's still a good WR. He is two years removed from being productive

Hill was bad this year. Many bad drops. Again, I'm hopeful, but you can't bank on Hill all of a sudden having good hands next year

I agree Kerley looks really good

As for the others...Shillens, Gates, etc....well....I think they've developed a lot this year which is positive....

It still feels to me like this could break either way. I hope it turns out well but I don't think it is correct to say they are set...
    Hill looks really goofy out there to me. The way he runs, it's like he's plodding around out there. He isn't a smooth athlete at all. He hasn't shown he can get open down the field either.

All Pro
    It's amazing how with the addition of 1 WR cut from 2 playoff teams and the possible return of another trouble maker from what looked like the type of injury that could affect his game, the Jets who so many said had the worst skill position players in the league are now somehow set at WR.

Amazing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Lol do you guys watch other games besides the Jets? Imagine if you were reading this same thread on a Miami Dolphins board, you'd laugh no? We're just about in the same boat. 31st and theyre 32nd maybe in terms of WR talent

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I don't know. I'd still love to get Cotchery back. Cotch is a Jet and seeing him wearing a Steelers uniform kills me. Cotch being In Pittsburgh makes about as much sense as Wayne Chrebet going to NE in the prime of his career.
    cotchery HATES S.Holmes and will not play with him...

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i agree edwards-holmes-hill-kerley-schillens or white-gates-gilyard. the wr position is set we have other areas to bulk up on.
    Neither Schillens nor Gilyard will be on our roster on Sept 1 of next year.

Rookie
    Unless we move Holmes there is 0 reason to spend any real money of picks here. Holmes will still a good player. Kerley has proven this year what I said last year he is a legit weapon. All this he is just a great slot is BS he is a great #2. Hill is a beast and Holmes eventual replacement. They threw him in head 1st instead of putting him in the slot. That was a mistake. He will not be a rook next year should look great IMO. All the he drops balls makes me laugh as well. He is a rookie WR that was a legit deep threat but had a garbage QB. This team did a great job in spreading the field this year for the 1st time sense Moss left. There is a ton of NFL talent WRs here. Gates, White, and Adams can fight out for one spot next year. Bring in a return guy for the 5th and last spot.

I like Kerly , but a great #2? No way.
    This team did a great job spreading the field this year? Did you even watch the Jets play this year?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post

I like Kerly , but a great #2? No way.
    This team did a great job spreading the field this year? Did you even watch the Jets play this year?
    A lot of fans run into this problem wit the Jets. We are so anemic and so starved at critical positions that any players that flash ability get overrated.

Remember Maybin?

Now it's Wilk (who I like) Kerley and Powell.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    A lot of fans run into this problem wit the Jets. We are so anemic and so starved at critical positions that any players that flash ability get overrated.

Remember Maybin?

Now it's Wilk (who I like) Kerley and Powell.
    So true.
    Our Jets have several very good players but only one truely great one in Revis.

edwards hasnt done **** in years. dont act like he just came off a 1500 yard season. holmes cant be counted on either, and if we do count on him he's a 700 yard or so receiver. stephen hill if he works on his overall game can be somebody to look out for next year, we've seen what he can do in week one. the rest? kerley is a #4 receiver at best. shilens is a chump, cant stay healthy. when healthy he's still a chump. the rest of those bums are practice squad type receivers.

hill as a #1 and a good possession receiver as a #2. maybe holmes can be that guy for once

Need a stud WR. Everybody is average at best.

Throw in a QB while we're at it.

And some new linebackers.

And a couple of offensive guards.

And a new GM.

And a new coach.

And a new owner.

Did I miss anything?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Need a stud WR. Everybody is average at best.

Throw in a QB while we're at it.

And some new linebackers.

And a couple of offensive guards.

And a new GM.

And a new coach.

And a new owner.

Did I miss anything?
    How about never having to see Eric Smith in a Jets uniform ever again.
    Addition by sub ah bu**sh*t. Everyone knows if Rex is back that slug will be back

Not even close. A lot of teams are in much worse shape. We are middle of the pack easy at WR. This is not SD, SL, Cleveland, Miami, KC, Minni, Tenn, Oakland, Jax, or Carolina who are all in much worse shape. Any of those teams would love to have Holmes, Kerley, Braylon, and Hill. Yeah we are no Atlanta, Balt, Zona, or Dallas but we have some good talent.

Fixed.

At this point of his career, Hill is NOT a better option than Braylon and the Jets FO would be wise to sign BE to a one-year heavily-incentive-laced deal so that the Jets can THEN be a "middle of the pack easy at WR" that you claim they are(when they aren't).

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

edwards hasnt done **** in years. dont act like he just came off a 1500 yard season. holmes cant be counted on either, and if we do count on him he's a 700 yard or so receiver. stephen hill if he works on his overall game can be somebody to look out for next year, we've seen what he can do in week one. the rest? kerley is a #4 receiver at best. shilens is a chump, cant stay healthy. when healthy he's still a chump. the rest of those bums are practice squad type receivers.

hill as a #1 and a good possession receiver as a #2. maybe holmes can be that guy for once

You can take your "C'MON SON" and stick it 'cause it don't jive, sucka!

Seriously, though. Hill is not on the same level as Braylon so please stop it with the "Braylon hasn't done jack in years" crap-talk. Even THAT "Braylon" is still eons better than Hill.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.