Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are set at WR next year.

Edwards and Schillins are both FA, your getting ahead of yourself some there.

Edwards needs a good game again Sunday to show teams that he is well past the issues of the last two years that have plagued him. Does the future treatment of Sanchez affect his desire to stay with the jets?

Hill has not proved anything yet. As a follower of the pats I am well versed in 2nd rd wr failures. Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, Bethel Johnson etc, sometimes these 2nd rd WRs have all the talent in the world and just don't make it. I felt at the end of the combine last year that he was going to be a star, after one year this light dimmed quite a bit.

Holmes, well this is one horse that has been beaten to a pulp. What is he going to be like next year knowing that the jets are going to cut him after the season. Will he be auditioning for his new team or hoping to stay and renegotiate? or will he not be positive and revert to being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Hill has not proved anything yet. As a follower of the pats I am well versed in 2nd rd wr failures. Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, Bethel Johnson etc, sometimes these 2nd rd WRs have all the talent in the world and just don't make it. I felt at the end of the combine last year that he was going to be a star, after one year this light dimmed quite a bit.
    Brandon Tate was a 3rd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Lol do you guys watch other games besides the Jets? Imagine if you were reading this same thread on a Miami Dolphins board, you'd laugh no? We're just about in the same boat. 31st and theyre 32nd maybe in terms of WR talent
    With Hartline a FA, I agree all they have is Bess. Fasano is also a FA. From what I hear though, Hartline likes the new offense and They do have a boatload of money and a bunch of extra picks. Bowe seems to be their target ans is a perfect fit for the WCO, Bowe and a return of Hartline and they may be the best in the division if Welker walks.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Brandon Tate was a 3rd rounder.
    He was still a bust taken with a premium pick

He was still a bust taken with a premium pick
    Not sure what you mean by bust or premium pick then. Tate is exactly the kind of player you would expect to get with a 3rd round pick. Neither a steal nor a bust, in my book.

The Jet's are going to have some salary cap issues and WR might be a position that they could be competitive with healthy group. Re-signing Braylon Edwards at reasonable cost makes sense... He has the physical tools that you can't teach.. He is a big and fast target who likes to block.. He likes playing for Jets and likes Ryan... I like Kerley as slot and look for Hill to continue to develop....

Holmes, Edwards, Kerley & Hill
    no 5 or 6 WR's pickem I like Gates- dual role as returner..

I have no interest in bringing back D.Keller. I want a big physical TE that can both block and catch... I don't believe in drafting TE early in Draft... but fair to say the Jets will be looking to fiill that position

Not sure what you mean by bust or premium pick then. Tate is exactly the kind of player you would expect to get with a 3rd round pick. Neither a steal nor a bust, in my book.
    I expect a 3rd rd pick on a team that needs a WR to start and be productive in his 2nd year. The guy has been in the league for 4 years and has had 34 receptions. If that does not equate to a bust what does?

To me a premium pick has always been a player taken in the top 3 rds or 100 picks.

or a Steal? th3 only thing close to a steal is what he did with his SB

I don't agree with the OP at all. Holmes is coming back from serious injury and has proved to be a bad locker room presence. Braylon and Hill both had injuries as well. And Hill displayed inconsistent hands when he did play (though I like his potential). The team can't count on any of these guys.

Keller and Cumberland are both FA at TE.

The only decent receiver on the roster is Kerley.

IF we resign Edwards & Keller AND both of them & Holmes all bounce back, we would be OK. But that's by no means guaranteed.

I expect a 3rd rd pick on a team that needs a WR to start and be productive in his 2nd year. The guy has been in the league for 4 years and has had 34 receptions. If that does not equate to a bust what does?

To me a premium pick has always been a player taken in the top 3 rds or 100 picks.

or a Steal? th3 only thing close to a steal is what he did with his SB
    You have higher expectations for your 3rd round picks than I. A lot of those guys are out of the league after 3 or 4 years. Tate has not made anyone forget that the Pats passed over Mike Wallace for him. But he is still the #1 KR and PR for a playoff team and has, in my view, done nothing more or less than met expectations for a 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not even close. A lot of teams are in much worse shape. We are middle of the pack easy at WR. This is not SD, SL, Cleveland, Miami, KC, Minni, Tenn, Oakland, Jax, or Carolina who are all in much worse shape. Any of those teams would love to have Holmes, Kerley, and Hill. Yeah we are no Atlanta, Balt, Zona, or Dallas but we have some good talent.
    I'm just going to have to play some devil's advocate with this one.
    SD- Alexander and Floyd are better than anything we have
    SL- Yeah probably worse than Us
    Cleveland- Agree again probably
    Miami-Agree
    KC-Bowe if he sticks around is better
    Minnesota- Harvin >>>>>>anything we have if he sticks around
    Tennessee- Wright, Britt are both better than anything we have
    Oakland- Agree
    Jax- Shorts is way better than anyone we have, plus they have Blackmon
    Carolina- Smith is still a stud, and LaFell is solid

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    The Jet's are going to have some salary cap issues and WR might be a position that they could be competitive with healthy group. Re-signing Braylon Edwards at reasonable cost makes sense... He has the physical tools that you can't teach.. He is a big and fast target who likes to block.. He likes playing for Jets and likes Ryan... I like Kerley as slot and look for Hill to continue to develop....

Holmes, Edwards, Kerley & Hill
    no 5 or 6 WR's pickem I like Gates- dual role as returner..

I have no interest in bringing back D.Keller. I want a big physical TE that can both block and catch... I don't believe in drafting TE early in Draft... but fair to say the Jets will be looking to fiill that position
    He just said that Ryan was a fool for Benching Sanchez, he comes to the team and they bench Sanchez again this time permanently. Ryan chooses Holmes over him to give an extension too and you extrapolate that into he likes Ryan?

You have higher expectations for your 3rd round picks than I. A lot of those guys are out of the league after 3 or 4 years. Tate has not made anyone forget that the Pats passed over Mike Wallace for him. But he is still the #1 KR and PR for a playoff team and has, in my view, done nothing more or less than met expectations for a 3rd round pick.
    I guess i do

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Braylon has only had two games with inconsistent QBs and you already have him labeled as not the same player he was two years ago. WOW! What tremendous insight you have! Please call WOODY and apply for Tannybum's GM job! The Jets need you!
    It is easy to see, that Braylon is not the same player,however he is playing extremely hard and it really stands out on offense ,because the rest of the team is just mailing it in. Braylon was let go for nothing from the Jets,cut mid-season by the 49ers and hawks at the age of 29 .History says that a player like that might have a good game or 2 put it is foolish to depend upon them for any period of time, Holmes is a yr older and has a yr of rust on his bones,Hill's injury will most likely stunt the major step management was hoping the raw wideout would take this off-season. I view the Jets as having 2 solid #2 and a number 3. You invite Braylon to camp but make him earn a roster spot.

You have got to be kidding..

BRAYLON is one interview away from his next melt down
    Holmes has a fricking lis frank, needs additional surgery and ell never be the same,
    as for the rest they couldn't get off the line of scrimmage or consistently catch the ball this year, so why the next year? Excepting Medley who ran a better wild cat than Tebow!
    I don't want to draft a high pick this year or next at wr.! We need ol help a rb a Qb etc.....nevermind the coaching and fo changes. Stop playing fantasy and get a grip on reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'm just going to have to play some devil's advocate with this one.
    SD- Alexander and Floyd are better than anything we have
    SL- Yeah probably worse than Us
    Cleveland- Agree again probably
    Miami-Agree
    KC-Bowe if he sticks around is better
    Minnesota- Harvin >>>>>>anything we have if he sticks around
    Tennessee- Wright, Britt are both better than anything we have
    Oakland- Agree
    Jax- Shorts is way better than anyone we have, plus they have Blackmon
    Carolina- Smith is still a stud, and LaFell is solid
    I put SD 1st because that is the worst group IMO. Bowe is a cancer no better then Holmes IMO. HARVIN LOL Id take Kerley of him. I could play WR for Minni right now. Harvin is an average WR nothing more. Tenn is close but I can't see them as better. Britt is anther Holmes but gets arrested more. I'd take Kerley over Wright. You want to talk drops Wright has had more then Hill his QB just didn't give up on him. Hill is a lot better then Nate. Nate just has experience and a better QB. Your nuts on Jax and Carolina IMO. Smith is 34 and not a stud anymore and LaFell stinks. 13 games 31 yards. Short and Blackmon are OK prospects but most of there yards come when they know the game is already over. They are both big question marks still. We are better at WR then all of those team maybe more. We are closer to teams like Buff, Chi, Washington, and SF IMO. Either way this is just not the worst group my any means.

LOL--set at wide receiver with a head case coming off a serious injury, a guy who can't catch the ball or take a hit, an aged re-tread, and Kereley who is at best a 3-4. Dont forget Dustin Keller who is a one dimensional TE who is constantly injured.

I cant believe people actually think with Braylon Edwards and Holmes coming back that the Jets will have a great set WRs. Hill, Shiliens, Gates you cant be serious none of these receivers are any good they cant catch and cant even get separation. Certain people posting in this thread actually believe Sanchez will recover and be a good QB now that Edwards has returned. Both Edwards and Holmes are in decline they both lack the speed they used to have. This team should be blown up its terrible unless Edwards signs cheap he can go too. The Jets need to get a stud WR in the first round or find a steal in the later rounds they need to gut the receivers and rebuild not keep them. They also need to dump Sanchez and find a serviceable QB. right now this team is going nowhere with the current crop of WRs they have.

He just said that Ryan was a fool for Benching Sanchez, he comes to the team and they bench Sanchez again this time permanently. Ryan chooses Holmes over him to give an extension too and you extrapolate that into he likes Ryan?
    He called the Jets FO(Front-Office) idiots. And he does have a Good relationship with Rex(remember Hard Knocks?) plus Rex has had good things to say about Braylon even during this season way before the Jets even thought to bring him back.

He was upset at their overall handling of Mark by not surrounding him with weapons(namely him...lol) and that's why he got pissed and called them idiots. Had nothing to do with Ryan.

And btw, when Mark was benched, Did Braylon SAY ANYTHING? No.

Also, Ryan didn't choose Holmes over him, patman.

Tanny did.

You're SOOOO reaching. Please quit while you're ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    LOL--set at wide receiver with a head case coming off a serious injury, a guy who can't catch the ball or take a hit, an aged re-tread, and Kereley who is at best a 3-4. Dont forget Dustin Keller who is a one dimensional TE who is constantly injured.
    I'm going to guess that the "aged re-tread" is Braylon(who is 29....oh yeah...he's real old. ).

Give me a break, rex. I think I'll refer to you as Rex Ryan from now on.

Your posts are as clueless as his Pressers.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I cant believe people actually think with Braylon Edwards and Holmes coming back that the Jets will have a great set WRs. Hill, Shiliens, Gates you cant be serious none of these receivers are any good they cant catch and cant even get separation. Certain people posting in this thread actually believe Sanchez will recover and be a good QB now that Edwards has returned. Both Edwards and Holmes are in decline they both lack the speed they used to have. This team should be blown up its terrible unless Edwards signs cheap he can go too. The Jets need to get a stud WR in the first round or find a steal in the later rounds they need to gut the receivers and rebuild not keep them. They also need to dump Sanchez and find a serviceable QB. right now this team is going nowhere with the current crop of WRs they have.
    I actually sort of agree with you there.

The Jets NEED to go draft another WR but for the IMMEDIATE future, they need to re-sign Braylon so they would AT LEAST have a #1a/#1b(or #2a/#2b) combo for whomever the Jets QB is TO THROW TO next year. Don't know what's going to happen with Keller but having a player like BE back is an absolute MUST. He won't cost the Jets much at all.

Of course he did not say anything, he is on a week to week contract!

Your believe that the jets had two WR who were FA and the GM made the decision without Rex's approval. If the money is any where close GMs always ask the coach which one he prefers. He traded for Cro and Holmes and signed Leonard and Scott based on Rex, your saying Rex did not decide what WR was kept on?

Hard knocks that was before they chose Holmes over him.

He called the jets decision makers idiots, not the FO. Again your inferring that Rex does not make decisions. Rex even said that he will not hold it against him.

Of course he did not say anything, he is on a week to week contract!

Your believe that the jets had two WR who were FA and the GM made the decision without Rex's approval. If the money is any where close GMs always ask the coach which one he prefers. He traded for Cro and Holmes and signed Leonard and Scott based on Rex, your saying Rex did not decide what WR was kept on?
    I believe that Rex wanted BOTH back but Braylon priced himself out of that equation. Which means that Tanny didn't want to(or couldn't really....) sign him to whatever ridiculous contract his agent asked for.

Combine that with the unhealthy obsession that the Jets "IDIOTS" had for Aso, that by the time Braylon came back with a more reasonable offer, it was too late.

Hard knocks that was before they chose Holmes over him.

He called the jets decision makers idiots, not the FO. Again your inferring that Rex does not make decisions. Rex even said that he will not hold it against him.
    So Tanny isn't a Decision-maker?

Woody isn't a Decision-maker?

I guess Rex both Owns and runs the franchise then?

Once again I say :

You're SOOOOO reaching.

Just stop. seriously.....