Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We are set at WR next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I believe that Rex wanted BOTH back but Braylon priced himself out of that equation. Which means that Tanny didn't want to(or couldn't really....) sign him to whatever ridiculous contract his agent asked for.

Combine that with the unhealthy obsession that the Jets "IDIOTS" had for Aso, that by the time Braylon came back with a more reasonable offer, it was too late.

So Tanny isn't a Decision-maker?

Woody isn't a Decision-maker?

I guess Rex both Owns and runs the franchise then?

Once again I say :

You're SOOOOO reaching.

Just stop. seriously.....
    of course woody and tanny are descions makers, I just questioned why you thought the term descion maker did not apply to Rex also.

And reaching for what, all i said was that the op was counting on Edwards and Schillens being on the team, when they are FA. And even if he loved Rex, what if Rex is not back?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    of course woody and tanny are descions makers, I just questioned why you thought the term descion maker did not apply to Rex also.

And reaching for what, all i said was that the op was counting on Edwards and Schillens being on the team, when they are FA. And even if he loved Rex, what if Rex is not back?
    See....now you're bringing up a different scenario.

You didn't mention any possibility regarding Rex NOT BEING BACK until just now.

Of course it's a different story if a New Coach was hired but everything seems to point in the direction of Rex getting at least one more year(next season) so yeah.....I definitely see Braylon brought back for one year, too.

Schillens can hit the bricks for all I care....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    See....now you're bringing up a different scenario.

You didn't mention any possibility regarding Rex NOT BEING BACK until just now.

Of course it's a different story if a New Coach was hired but everything seems to point in the direction of Rex getting at least one more year(next season) so yeah.....I definitely see Braylon brought back for one year, too.

Schillens can hit the bricks for all I care....

But back to the decision maker comment, you do agree that rex is a decision maker for the jets and a lot of the personnel decisions that the jets made in the last 4 years was at his behest or at least had his acquiescence. And that the OP was wrong for including FA in a scenario where he stated that the jets were all set for next year.

I have no issue with you thinking that he loves Rex, and that has some bearing on whether he re-signs, as long as another team does not offer a better contract..

Why would I have to mention Rex not being back as a possibility, there are 5 threads right now concerning that scenario.
    Last edited by patman; 12-27-2012 at 12:01 AM.