Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Peyton win MVP and Comeback Player?

Should Peyton win MVP and Comeback Player?

It certainly seems like he should. The guy had 4 neck surgeries, is out for a whole season, comes back at 36 years old and leads his team to a division title, a #2 Seed, and a 1st Round Bye???

If this guy isn't the NFL MVP and Comeback Player of The Year something is very wrong with the football world!

All Pro
    YES.

I like to see Peterson win the comeback

Veteran
    MVP?
    Nope.
    He took over a playoff team and made the playoffs.

IMO, Peterson is the MVP hands down.
    Without him they're a three win team.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I like to see Peterson win the comeback
    I have to agree with this. Mannings comeback aside if AP breaks 2k yards it would be the unheard off. Manning is having great #s but AP is setting a number that only 6 other guys in the history of the game have done. Manning has enough awards. Him and Rodgers with fight for the MVP.

Yes but Manning is doing this with an entirely different team with all new players around him. AP is doing something astounding but is essentially picking up where he left off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yes but Manning is doing this with an entirely different team with all new players around him. AP is doing something astounding but is essentially picking up where he left off.
    Favre did a good job with the Vikes in 09 on a new team what did he win??

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Favre did a good job with the Vikes in 09 on a new team what did he win??
    Favre wasn't coming off four neck surgeries that could have left him paralyzed from the neck down.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    True, but just remember that Tim Tebow took that team to the second round of the playoffs last year.

What Manning's doing is remarkable, there's just someone doing something even more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    MVP?
    Nope.
    He took over a playoff team and made the playoffs.

IMO, Peterson is the MVP hands down.
    Without him they're a three win team.
    +1

Manning could win the MVP, but I think Peterson has comeback player of the year wrapped up. I didn't think there was any way he'd be able to play even half of the season. He not only made it back, he's back and playing better than he ever has in his career. And he was already the best back in the league.

I don't think Apete is "eligible" for comeback player of the year. The man rushed for 970 yards last year and played 12 games. He just missed the last few games with his injury. Peyton missed the entire year with a career threatening neck surgery and is now one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the NFL. Peyton is the no brainer comeback player imo.

I would sooner give Apete MVP if the Vikings make the playoffs.

Tebow wins it next yr hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    True, but just remember that Tim Tebow took that team to the second round of the playoffs last year.

What Manning's doing is remarkable, there's just someone doing something even more impressive.

Can't really agree. Manning turned the Broncos from a really limited offensive team that rode a ridiculous streak of good fortune to an 8-8 record and a platoff win dictated by lack of respect of Tebow, to probably the best team in the AFC and an offensive power house.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Comeback a la Pennington, sure, I suppose, although I don't generally thinkj of comeback as "come back from injury", but more like "come back from sucking a year or a few" which Manning never did.

MVP? No. A.P. is the league MVP.

All League
    It's gotta be Peterson carrying maybe the worst passing team in the league to the playoffs. Even if they don't make it, he deserves the award.

AD has to win it - arguably more impressive than Manning

Veteran
    AP gets MVP, Manning gets comeback.

All League
    Denver was a playoff team. Minnesota was bottom of the barrel team.

AP deserves it the most

All League
    Denver was a playoff team. Minnesota was bottom of the barrel team.

AP deserves it the most