Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back the Tuna

Enough with the f**king Tuna bullcrap. Forget it. He's done. The game past him by 10 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Parcells

Did I forget to mention in his last stint he improved the Dolphins by 10 wins and a playoff birth with Chad Pennington as the QB. Say what you will, in my view he is the best GM we've ever had and one of the greats of all time.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 12-26-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: type

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Enough with the f**king Tuna bullcrap. Forget it. He's done. The game past him by 10 years ago.
    Got any better ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post

Did I forget to mention in his last stint he improved the Dolphins by 10 wins and a playoff birth with Chad Pennington as the QB. Say what you will, in my view he is the best GM we've ever had and one of the greats of all time.
    I respectfully disagree. So too would the fans of the smelly fish. With 4 first round picks, his draft as our GM was mediocre at best imo.

Jets Insider VIP

No but teams seem to win the SB and improve without him so PLEASE, recognize he was great but is NOT an option.

Got any better ideas?
    It's not up to us; we don't get paid to make these decisions. It's up to "f**k boy" Woody Johnson to get off his a$$, then go out and find "the next Parcells". The old one is, well, OLD and not a viable candidate to run this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I respectfully disagree. So too would the fans of the smelly fish. With 4 first round picks, his draft as our GM was mediocre at best imo.
    First of all he put us in a position to draft 4 players in the first round. That alone was an act of magic. Then he drafts:

- Ellis - Multiple Pro Bowls.
    - Abraham - Multiple Pro Bowls and to this date still one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.
    - Pennington - Despite injuries and a weak arm one of the best QB we've ever had.
    - Becht (Say what you will about his pass catching skill, but he's probably the best blocking TE we've ever had) It was evident how much we missed him in that role after he was gone.
    - Also Pro Bowler Laveranues Coles in the 3rd.

Tell me a draft that we had that was more productive than that? 3 out of 5 were pro bowlers.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 12-26-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    No but teams seem to win the SB and improve without him so PLEASE, recognize he was great but is NOT an option.
    I agree that he may not be an option, but I'm not so sure he couldn't do it again. Note that Parcell's name was at the top of the list to replace Sean Peyton as HC just last year, so people still believe in the guy like I do.

And you gotta love how he handled the media. He got us instant respect. He didn't take any crap from anyone.

I don't want him, because he didn't do a great job in Dallas or Miami, but it's better than we have now.

Got any better ideas?
    Yes

MANGINI
    Hes not a genie hes a man

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Yes

MANGINI
    Hes not a genie hes a man
    UGH NO Itsaprocess

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    I don't want him, because he didn't do a great job in Dallas or Miami, but it's better than we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    UGH NO Itsaprocess

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Isn't this the same Genie who traded the 5th pick overall for a bunch of scrubs that are no longer in the league 3 years later?
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 12-26-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Typo

I know who Bill Parcells is thank you. He turned the Miami team around in 08, but didn't do anything to build on that in 09.

As one of many offering Woody advice on a new direction, I would be okay with that. As the sole voice to be advising Woody, no freaking way. We need a fresh up and coming guy with an excellent résumé and many years proving himself with a positive track record on other teams

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    A 2 time SB champ. Took the pats to a SB, jets to 12 wins.

Perfect...NO. But you make him like he is an idiot. He is a HOF coach.

We get it...you dont like him, and some of your points are valid. But you are re writing history.
    Aye, and I get it too, Jets Fans have an obsession for anyone whose ever played or coached here, and just LOVE the "big name" guys like the Rotten Tuna, who treated our Franchise like ****, had ONE (count it, one) good year here, and did FAR more harm than good.

Yet every one of you would line up to suck the guys dick if he asked you too.

Parcells gets FAR too much credit, primarily because of who and what he replaced, NOT what he actually did or produced. Anyone could have turned around the insipid Kotite Era of 1-15, anyone of a dozen caches of that time could have the same and perhaps alot more (if they, unlike Tuna, weren't in a rush to get out of NY). Parcells time in New York was JAG-worthy frankly in terms of actual production and wins and playoffs, ONE measely post-season berth and a hugely dissapointing end to even that, as full of mistakes and misjudgements as anything Herm or Mangini or Rex has done.

Jets Fans are far too often like beaten wives. They want to go back and back to their abusers, no matter how bad they were, and see all history through big name rose colored glasses. It wasn't enough Parcells screwed the franchise for years with his bad contracts, old talent, mismanagement and poor drafting, he had to hand over the greatest coach of this era (far better than Fat Tuna himself) in Bellichek to our arch rivals, as he waltzed out the door because he was never one of us.

Isn't this the same Genie who traded the 5th pick overall for a bunch of scrubs that are no longer in the league 3 years later?
    Yes, because he knew that despite his teams need for a QB, a 5th overall pick was not worth spending on a mentally weak QB.

He knew that Sanchez was no good. Mangini places a premium on smart, mentally tough players and he knew (unlike Rex and Tanny) that Sanchez did not have those qualities and therefore would struggle.

You forgot to mention that Mangini also got Alex Mack, a pro-bowl center and arguably one of the 3-4 best centers in the league in that trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    ITS A PROCESS IS A PROVEN F-ING IGNORAMUS

WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE ALREADY

People fail to recognize the good he has done and associate him as a Giant or Patriot. Bottom line is he did wonders for our team as a coach and left us in good shape and lot of his players stayed after he was so called retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Aye, and I get it too, Jets Fans have an obsession for anyone whose ever played or coached here, and just LOVE the "big name" guys like the Rotten Tuna, who treated our Franchise like ****, had ONE (count it, one) good year here, and did FAR more harm than good.

Yet every one of you would line up to suck the guys dick if he asked you too.

Parcells gets FAR too much credit, primarily because of who and what he replaced, NOT what he actually did or produced. Anyone could have turned around the insipid Kotite Era of 1-15, anyone of a dozen caches of that time could have the same and perhaps alot more (if they, unlike Tuna, weren't in a rush to get out of NY). Parcells time in New York was JAG-worthy frankly in terms of actual production and wins and playoffs, ONE measely post-season berth and a hugely dissapointing end to even that, as full of mistakes and misjudgements as anything Herm or Mangini or Rex has done.

Jets Fans are far too often like beaten wives. They want to go back and back to their abusers, no matter how bad they were, and see all history through big name rose colored glasses. It wasn't enough Parcells screwed the franchise for years with his bad contracts, old talent, mismanagement and poor drafting, he had to hand over the greatest coach of this era (far better than Fat Tuna himself) in Bellichek to our arch rivals, as he waltzed out the door because he was never one of us.
    People forget he got us deep in the playoffs had Testaverde not been injured in the 1st play vs. Patriots we would have been back to the AFC title game at the least.