Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 108

Thread: Bring back the Tuna

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So if Parcells is brought in, don't you think he might want to keep Ryan here?
    Have no idea. I know if Parcells were to be brought in in some type of capacity. and Rex retained I'm pretty sure Rex's daily comedy hour aka press conf's would stop. Pretty sure some accountability and discipline would be instilled too.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    you all forgot the #1 reason we DO want him back here:

    He is a close and personal friend of Mike Fatcesser.

    Wouldn't that be a kick in the arse LOL if sir Cheeseburger had to beconme a Jet fan all over again
    Don't think they are as close as they used to be.

  3. #83
    Great to see the Tuna's other peeps doing well - question is do you want the house cleaned and cleansed? Or do you want to keep what we have? Bringing the Tuna back means Tannenbaum and Sporano stay

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Have no idea. I know if Parcells were to be brought in in some type of capacity. and Rex retained I'm pretty sure Rex's daily comedy hour aka press conf's would stop. Pretty sure some accountability and discipline would be instilled too.
    Agreed. I read one of Parcells books a few years back. he is all about X and O and no personal bull$hit.

    A client of mine was drafted by the Giants in late 80s and told stories about Tuna that made your hair stand up.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Have no idea. I know if Parcells were to be brought in in some type of capacity. and Rex retained I'm pretty sure Rex's daily comedy hour aka press conf's would stop. Pretty sure some accountability and discipline would be instilled too.
    I wouldn't interpret Rex' PC's as a "comedy hour," that's a stretch, but I would agree that this is probably one of Rex' weaknesses, how he handles himself in front of the media, after wins or losses, he's an emotional guy, he needs to learn to temper himself and develop a blandness about him, he needs to have some of Belichick and Parcells in him. I'd like to see Rex get tough with the media, tell less, show a little "**** you" attitude to the media, this is one of the biggest reasons I'd like to see Parcells brought in, because I think he'd help both the front office and Rex tremendously in several areas.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Have no idea. I know if Parcells were to be brought in in some type of capacity. and Rex retained I'm pretty sure Rex's daily comedy hour aka press conf's would stop. Pretty sure some accountability and discipline would be instilled too.
    Definetly need to put a muzzle on some players!

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,112
    First of all, the three biggest issues with the team right now ( with the exception of Sanchez) is:

    1. Tannembaum
    2. Sporano
    3. Ryan

    All three are here either because Parcells directly recommended them to Woody or in Sporano's case, his hire in Miami.

    Parcells can coach football. He cannot operate in the front office of an NFL team. He can't hire coaches, he can't draft, and he is tok short-sighted to build an NFL team.

    Heck, when he was in Dallas, he stripped Sean Payton of his playcalling duties. Woody, please think for your self.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Don't think they are as close as they used to be.
    True.

    Fatboy and Parcells had a falling out a few years ago. He even said so on his show. Pretty sure they never made up b/c I don't hear Fatboy slobbering over Parcells' testicles every other show anymore like he used to. If anything, the Jets hiring Parcells as the new GM with Rex still as the HC would be the ultimate FU to Mike Francesa and the entire WFAN.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    First of all, the three biggest issues with the team right now ( with the exception of Sanchez) is:

    1. Tannembaum
    2. Sporano
    3. Ryan

    All three are here either because Parcells directly recommended them to Woody or in Sporano's case, his hire in Miami.

    Parcells can coach football. He cannot operate in the front office of an NFL team. He can't hire coaches, he can't draft, and he is tok short-sighted to build an NFL team.

    Heck, when he was in Dallas, he stripped Sean Payton of his playcalling duties. Woody, please think for your self.
    Gimme a break. Ryan is the only reason our defense has semi-held it together this season. Without the defense and Ryan we're probably on our way to 1-15 or 2-14.


    Tony Soprano and Mikey T are both done but Rex is not the problem.

  10. #90
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,414
    Bring back the Tuna.... that's the same thing I tell my estranged wife once a month.

  11. #91
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Gimme a break. Ryan is the only reason our defense has semi-held it together this season. Without the defense and Ryan we're probably on our way to 1-15 or 2-14.


    Tony Soprano and Mikey T are both done but Rex is not the problem.

    Agree mostly

    But the path for this team is quite clear


    1 Tannenbaum Sparano and Teblow out the door NLT Monday AM

    2 Mr Johnson with due diligence and consultation with current and/or former NFL personnel, other owners, executives hires a President/Director of Football Operations/ General Manager empowered with full and final say on all football matters (referred to.in the rest of this essay as The Executive)

    3 The Executive will quickly evaluate the Jets coaching and all other football personnel, interview and consult with those he trusts and make decisions. If it is his decision to continue Rex Ryan as Head Coach then Rex Ryan willcontinue as Head Coach.

    4.The Head Coach whether he is Rex Ryan or not will be able to assemble the Coordinators and Assistants he desires subject to final approval by the Executive.

    5, Free Agency and the draft will be a joint effort of the Executive and the Head Coach but the final decisions will be made by the Executive. Coordinators and Assistants will be asked for their input and scout and work out prospects but there will be no such thing as signing or drafting a player because he's a "Westhoff guy" as has been the case. Draft picks and free agents will be treated as precious assets and not toys and snacks to be rewarded to assistants or traded away in a frivolous manner

    On this firm platform the New York Jets can go forward and rebuild a successful football team we as fans can be proud of

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 12-27-2012 at 03:39 AM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    True.

    Fatboy and Parcells had a falling out a few years ago. He even said so on his show. Pretty sure they never made up b/c I don't hear Fatboy slobbering over Parcells' testicles every other show anymore like he used to. If anything, the Jets hiring Parcells as the new GM with Rex still as the HC would be the ultimate FU to Mike Francesa and the entire WFAN.
    Good Fatessa hates & bashes our team to no end. He' s overpaid & needs to be replaced!

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Agree mostly

    But the path for this team is quite clear


    1 Tannenbaum Sparano and Teblow out the door NLT Monday AM

    2 Mr Johnson with due diligence and consultation with current and/or former NFL personnel, other owners, executives hires a President/Director of Football Operations/ General Manager empowered with full and final say on all football matters (referred to.in the rest of this essay as The Executive)

    3 The Executive will quickly evaluate the Jets coaching and all other football personnel, interview and consult with those he trusts and make decisions. If it is his decision to continue Rex Ryan as Head Coach then Rex Ryan willcontinue as Head Coach.

    4.The Head Coach whether he is Rex Ryan or not will be able to assemble the Coordinators and Assistants he desires subject to final approval by the Executive.

    5, Free Agency and the draft will be a joint effort of the Executive and the Head Coach but the final decisions will be made by the Executive. Coordinators and Assistants will be asked for their input and scout and work out prospects but there will be no such thing as signing or drafting a player because he's a "Westhoff guy" as has been the case. Draft picks and free agents will be treated as precious assets and not toys and snacks to be rewarded to assistants or traded away in a frivolous manner

    On this firm platform the New York Jets can go forward and rebuild a successful football team we as fans can be proud of

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Great analysis & insight...your right on the money!

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Wow people are ungrateful & ignorant towards one of the best coaches of all time that gave us credibility & relevance.
    Why should we be grateful to a coach that was great for our crosstown rivals the Giants. This is the only area where Parcells should be lauded for. He was a great coach with a great team built after years of suckitude during a NON-SALARY cap NFL.

    Everything Parcells has done AG (after Giants) was a manifestation of his ego. The white knight rides into a no lose situation with reclamation projects of teams who have been in their deepest holes. He spends feverishly to acquire his type of veterans , loads up contracts and produces a dramatic turnaround w/o winning a SB. Now when the bill needs to be paid for his spending the Tuna jumps ship and heads to the next can't lose situation. But yet people want to put him on a mantle for this. Again I have no problem giving him his kudos for his term with the Giants , after that its been a big smokescreen fueled by the media and his ego.

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Gimme a break. Ryan is the only reason our defense has semi-held it together this season. Without the defense and Ryan we're probably on our way to 1-15 or 2-14.


    Tony Soprano and Mikey T are both done but Rex is not the problem.
    Rex Ryan the defensive coach is not the problem. The Rex that pushed to bring in Tebow, start Hunter over Howard, stick with Sanchez for four years while we all watched his confidence erode, the Rex that doesn't know the pulse of his own locker room, that's the one that needs to go.

    I can even argue that a team with as many 1 st rounders and high priced vets should be an elite defense even without the genius Defensive coach.

    Most coaches that regress 3 years in a row get fired.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Rex Ryan the defensive coach is not the problem. The Rex that pushed to bring in Tebow, start Hunter over Howard, stick with Sanchez for four years while we all watched his confidence erode, the Rex that doesn't know the pulse of his own locker room, that's the one that needs to go.

    I can even argue that a team with as many 1 st rounders and high priced vets should be an elite defense even without the genius Defensive coach.

    Most coaches that regress 3 years in a row get fired.
    If Rex wanted Tebow why doesn't he play him & started a 7th round pick whose never started.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Gimme a break. Ryan is the only reason our defense has semi-held it together this season. Without the defense and Ryan we're probably on our way to 1-15 or 2-14.


    Tony Soprano and Mikey T are both done but Rex is not the problem.
    Good. Then hire him as a DC because what you are describing is a DC not a HC

  18. #98
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Gimme a break. Ryan is the only reason our defense has semi-held it together this season. Without the defense and Ryan we're probably on our way to 1-15 or 2-14.


    Tony Soprano and Mikey T are both done but Rex is not the problem.
    So because the DC in Rex, which we all acknowledge is his strength, helped the defense be relatively solid, that translates to him being a competent HC?

    To say Rex isn't the problem is ignoring everything else that goes on with this team outside of the defense. And a lot of that ultimately falls on Rex.

  19. #99
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Agree mostly

    But the path for this team is quite clear


    1 Tannenbaum Sparano and Teblow out the door NLT Monday AM

    2 Mr Johnson with due diligence and consultation with current and/or former NFL personnel, other owners, executives hires a President/Director of Football Operations/ General Manager empowered with full and final say on all football matters (referred to.in the rest of this essay as The Executive)

    3 The Executive will quickly evaluate the Jets coaching and all other football personnel, interview and consult with those he trusts and make decisions. If it is his decision to continue Rex Ryan as Head Coach then Rex Ryan willcontinue as Head Coach.

    4.The Head Coach whether he is Rex Ryan or not will be able to assemble the Coordinators and Assistants he desires subject to final approval by the Executive.

    5, Free Agency and the draft will be a joint effort of the Executive and the Head Coach but the final decisions will be made by the Executive. Coordinators and Assistants will be asked for their input and scout and work out prospects but there will be no such thing as signing or drafting a player because he's a "Westhoff guy" as has been the case. Draft picks and free agents will be treated as precious assets and not toys and snacks to be rewarded to assistants or traded away in a frivolous manner

    On this firm platform the New York Jets can go forward and rebuild a successful football team we as fans can be proud of

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Great analysis & insight...your right on the money!
    LMAO!

    Someone hacked into sg3's account.

  20. #100
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LMAO!

    Someone hacked into sg3's account.
    Ever have anything to say that is remotely about football or are you only focused on attacking other posters who do?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us