Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back the Tuna

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Jets fans reek of desperation.

Always clinging to whatever little success we've had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    First of all he put us in a position to draft 4 players in the first round. That alone was an act of magic. Then he drafts:

- Ellis - Multiple Pro Bowls.
    - Abraham - Multiple Pro Bowls and to this date still one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.
    - Pennington - Despite injuries and a weak arm one of the best QB we've ever had.
    - Becht (Say what you will about his pass catching skill, but he's probably the best blocking TE we've ever had) It was evident how much we missed him in that role after he was gone.
    - Also Pro Bowler Laveranues Coles in the 3rd.

Tell me a draft that we had that was more productive than that? 3 out of 5 were pro bowlers.
    One of the best drafts in Jets History! Pennington was great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    ITS A PROCESS IS A PROVEN F-ING IGNORAMUS

WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE ALREADY
    Actually, he is not. He s a very bright guy. You dont get to go to Wesleyan by being a F-ing moron. He knows more about the game than everyone here combined.

And you know what, he was absolutely right when he said "its a process". We deviated from that process and thats why we are in the mess we are in today. That process is building a team around smart, high character, hard working disciplined players that love the game.. We were fooled into thinking that we were a good team his first year when we went 10-6 and got into the playoffs after going 4-12 the year before. We were not that good. That was when ownership and the GM started to deviate from "the process" and started a pattern of building the team with veteran high priced free agents rather than sticking to Mangini's long term plan/vision of building through the draft with young smart, high character, hard working disciplined players that love the game. When they signed Favre they totally undercut Mangini.

Mangini did not deserve to be fired. If you think Rex should stay then there is no reason to have wanted Mangini fired. I honestly believe had Mangini stayed, this team would have achieved more under his guidance than under Rex, especially with the upgrade at ILB, WR, and Safety that Rex had his first year. I also think this would be a better team today.

Was Mangini a great coach. Of course not. But keep in mind, he became a HC after only 1 year as a D-Coordinator and 8 years as a Defensive assistant. How many guys do you know who became HC after so little experience, let alone a successful HC. Considering how little experience Mangini had going into the Jets job, he did amazingly well- 2 out of 3 years with a winning record and a playoff appearance. Thats incredible from a guy with so little prior experience.

Hes had 5 years of HC experience under his belt, has matured as a person, and Im sure hes gained alot of knowledge working with former coaches at ESPN and also understanding on how the media works and how to deal with them (something he struggled with and I believe cost him his job). I have no doubt Eric will be a solid HC again in the NFL if given a chance.

Is he my 1st choice to take over for Rex? No. But I would certainly add him to the mix and would not be the least bit disappointed if he got another chance with us

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Actually, he is not. He s a very bright guy. You dont get to go to Wesleyan by being a F-ing moron. He knows more about the game than everyone here combined.

And you know what, he was absolutely right when he said "its a process". We deviated from that process and thats why we are in the mess we are in today. That process is building a team around smart, high character, hard working disciplined players that love the game.. We were fooled into thinking that we were a good team his first year when we went 10-6 and got into the playoffs after going 4-12 the year before. We were not that good. That was when ownership and the GM started to deviate from "the process" and started a pattern of building the team with veteran high priced free agents rather than sticking to Mangini's long term plan/vision of building through the draft with young smart, high character, hard working disciplined players that love the game. When they signed Favre they totally undercut Mangini.

Mangini did not deserve to be fired. If you think Rex should stay then there is no reason to have wanted Mangini fired. I honestly believe had Mangini stayed, this team would have achieved more under his guidance than under Rex, especially with the upgrade at ILB, WR, and Safety that Rex had his first year. I also think this would be a better team today.

Was Mangini a great coach. Of course not. But keep in mind, he became a HC after only 1 year as a D-Coordinator and 8 years as a Defensive assistant. How many guys do you know who became HC after so little experience, let alone a successful HC. Considering how little experience Mangini had going into the Jets job, he did amazingly well- 2 out of 3 years with a winning record and a playoff appearance. Thats incredible from a guy with so little prior experience.

Hes had 5 years of HC experience under his belt, has matured as a person, and Im sure hes gained alot of knowledge working with former coaches at ESPN and also understanding on how the media works and how to deal with them (something he struggled with and I believe cost him his job). I have no doubt Eric will be a solid HC again in the NFL if given a chance.

Is he my 1st choice to take over for Rex? No. But I would certainly add him to the mix and would not be the least bit disappointed if he got another chance with us

He's certainly the only guy on First Take who makes even a tiny bit of sense, but anyone could look like a genius with Skip and SAS next to them.

Here's what I know:

The Jets sucked and sucked bad before Parcells.

Anyone could have turned around the team after the 96' season but when was the last time the Jets were in the AFC championship game before 98' I think that was 82' mud bowl so 16 years.

How many losing seasons did the Jets have after that 82' season? How many playoff wins or even appearances? How many did we have during and after Parcells?

Hated his drafts but loved the attitude he brought to the Jets. Great coach, great motivator.

Parcells did more for us than probably any coach in Jets history besides Weeb. He didn't make the greatest decisions all the time but no one does. I'm happy he put the Jets back on the map and I will always be thankful for that.

First we need Tuna Back?

Now, Mangini was wronged by the Jets and was really the bestest coach eva, if only we gave him a chance?

Fomer Jet Obsession Syndrome.

Next Jet Obsession Syndrome.

I.e. the only ****ty worthless scumsucking Jets are the ones currently employed/on the roster.

Every other Jet before or possible Jets in the future, are the awesome.

Gotta love the chuckle****ing internet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Completely agree

But this is no time for bringing hIm back 16 years older

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Bingo. I just say sigh and shake my head when I see these threads....

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    People forget he got us deep in the playoffs
    So has Rex, twice

had Testaverde not been injured in the 1st play vs. Patriots we would have been back to the AFC title game at the least.
    right

Testaverde's career indicated that his 98 season was a complete fluke. To assume Testaverde would have played lights out in 1999 and the Jets would have made the AFC championship game 'at least' is absurd.

Marv Levy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    First we need Tuna Back?

Now, Mangini was wronged by the Jets and was really the bestest coach eva, if only we gave him a chance?

Fomer Jet Obsession Syndrome.

Next Jet Obsession Syndrome.

I.e. the only ****ty worthless scumsucking Jets are the ones currently employed/on the roster.

Every other Jet before or possible Jets in the future, are the awesome.

Gotta love the chuckle****ing internet.
    Please show me where anyone said Mangini was the best coach ever.

when are the parcells comments ever going to stop?!?!?!? he is a has-been, and he f*cked us over once, why would we let him do it again? i'd rather bring back HERM before this douche.

Parcells brought credibility to this franchise. Something we didnt have since 1969.

Before Parcells, between 1970-1997, we had a total of 5 winning seasons out of 27 seasons, only 5 playoff appearances, 1 championship game appearance, and 12 seasons of double digit losses.

Since Parcells(1997-2011) weve had 10 winning seasons out of 15 seasons, 7 playoff appearances, 3 championship game appearances, and only 3 seasons of double digit losses.

I think any Jets fan who doesnt show appreciation for what the Tuna has meant to this franchise is either clueless or too young to experience the tradition of losing that this franchise has.

Jets Insider VIP
    NO TO THE TUNA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Don't forget, we went to TWO AFCCG's two years straight just two years ago. Or was it three? Anyway, we did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    NO TO THE TUNA.
    this

Maybe someone could dig up Knute Rockne?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Maybe someone could dig up Knute Rockne?
    and bury you in his place

lord hear our prayer

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    and bury you in his place

lord hear our prayer
    quit stalking me Skippy Goohead, and put me back on pu$$y pretend ignore will you.

Jets Insider VIP
    trolling along hijacking another thread on a Jets message board

what a frigging loser