Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are set at WR next year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We are set at WR next year.

Many Jets fans got their wish come true when we resigned Edwards. I can't believe how set we are at this position next year. It has always been one our biggest weaknesses for a good part of a decade. I think next year it will be one of our strengths. Let's hope Holmes comes back humbled by sitting down all season while watching his team implode from the outside looking in, knowing, at one point, that he was part of the problem.

This season was f*cked since the Tebow signing. The Jets single handedly ruined 2 decent qb's.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree edwards-holmes-hill-kerley-schillens or white-gates-gilyard. the wr position is set we have other areas to bulk up on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edwards was a great step in the right direction but that should not prevent the Jets from getting 1 or 2 guys in the later rounds. I rather have a young player with potential in there than Chaz Schilens or any of the other clowns we tried out. Not to mention, Holmes and Edwards are definitely injury risks and Hill has had some issues his rookie year aswell. What I would really like to see is a guy who can stretch the field, a real deep threat...

And I'm not sure if we are fine at TE either which is a must for a ball control, running system like we run. Keller and Cumberland are both FAs and both have their deficiencies...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know. I'd still love to get Cotchery back. Cotch is a Jet and seeing him wearing a Steelers uniform kills me. Cotch being In Pittsburgh makes about as much sense as Wayne Chrebet going to NE in the prime of his career.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Receivers don't matter if your QB is garbage.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to get a WR who can get separation.. I'm not certain on the cap situation but outside of Wilkerson, Mangold, Coples, Revis, Cro, I wouldn't be against cutting anyone. It would be great to bring in some new blood at WR and not have to rely on scrubs like Chaz Schilens ever again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    Many Jets fans got their wish come true when we resigned Edwards. I can't believe how set we are at this position next year. It has always been one our biggest weaknesses for a good part of a decade. I think next year it will be one of our strengths. Let's hope Holmes comes back humbled by sitting down all season while watching his team implode from the outside looking in, knowing, at one point, that he was part of the problem.

This season was f*cked since the Tebow signing. The Jets single handedly ruined 2 decent qb's.

How so? Holmes is a cancer, Stephen Hill didn't prove he can actually catch a football consistently, Braylon is not the same player he was 2 years ago... Kerley looks pretty solid as a #3 or #4 but after that, huge ???'s

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'd like to get a WR who can get separation.. I'm not certain on the cap situation but outside of Wilkerson, Mangold, Coples, Revis, Cro, I wouldn't be against cutting anyone. It would be great to bring in some new blood at WR and not have to rely on scrubs like Chaz Schilens ever again.
    The team is going to look very different next year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wr position is set if we can get a decent QB to throw them the ball. If not then no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    The wr position is set if we can get a decent QB to throw them the ball. If not then no.
    I do recall Sanchez making some very big plays in the passing game with BE not too long ago. Just saying.....let's see what he does next year. I would still draft another wr in the 3rd or 4th round. If Mark does not improve next year, cut his azz.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    With a creative/knowledgeable OC and an average QB we can be a top 15 offense next season with the current group of WRs and RBs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    With a creative/knowledgeable OC and an average QB we can be a top 15 offense next season with the current group of WRs and RBs.
    An average offense and we would be in the playoffs right now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I don't know. I'd still love to get Cotchery back. Cotch is a Jet and seeing him wearing a Steelers uniform kills me. Cotch being In Pittsburgh makes about as much sense as Wayne Chrebet going to NE in the prime of his career.
    Please Kill IT. Cotch is gone. We have a nice group of receivers with Holmes,Edwards,Kerely,Hill and you can add White and Gates. QB and OC is our biggest weakness now. Would love to have Norv have total control of the offense and go on from there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless we move Holmes there is 0 reason to spend any real money of picks here. Holmes will still a good player. Kerley has proven this year what I said last year he is a legit weapon. All this he is just a great slot is BS he is a great #2. Hill is a beast and Holmes eventual replacement. They threw him in head 1st instead of putting him in the slot. That was a mistake. He will not be a rook next year should look great IMO. All the he drops balls makes me laugh as well. He is a rookie WR that was a legit deep threat but had a garbage QB. This team did a great job in spreading the field this year for the 1st time sense Moss left. There is a ton of NFL talent WRs here. Gates, White, and Adams can fight out for one spot next year. Bring in a return guy for the 5th and last spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a joke?

The Jets have arguably the worst WR corp in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    An average offense and we would be in the playoffs right now...
    Yes. And that is part of my point. Going from worst in the league to middle of the pack would make a huge difference and I think it is a realistic goal. Nearly anyone we bring in will be exponentially better than ButtFumble and Shades.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-25-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    ...Would love to have Norv have total control of the offense and go on from there.
    While I love Rex, he is in Norvs' level at HC incompetence. Neither of them are truly qualified to be a HC in this league. A Rex Ryan defense and Norv Turner offense could work. If we can only find a GM than can cover these guy's weaknesses?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Is this a joke?

If it's a Joke, why aren't you laughing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Is this a joke?

Not even close. A lot of teams are in much worse shape. We are middle of the pack easy at WR. This is not SD, SL, Cleveland, Miami, KC, Minni, Tenn, Oakland, Jax, or Carolina who are all in much worse shape. Any of those teams would love to have Holmes, Kerley, and Hill. Yeah we are no Atlanta, Balt, Zona, or Dallas but we have some good talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Please Kill IT. Cotch is gone. We have a nice group of receivers with Holmes,Edwards,Kerely,Hill and you can add White and Gates. QB and OC is our biggest weakness now. Would love to have Norv have total control of the offense and go on from there.
    Why Norv? Some can argue that Rivers has regressed under him. Why not give a promotion to one of the offensive staffs from NO or GB? In the case of NO, even without Peyton, that offense has not missed a beat.