Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: off the record information

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Flynn and Quinn are both decent names. I don't believe they'll ever win a SB for the team. However, even if they come to town, there isn't enough talent to win a SB on the rest of the team.
    Brady Quinn is a decent name? Have you watched Brady Quinn play QB recently. I mean since he came to the NFL? Yeah he was highly thought of coming out of college but so was Ryan Leaf.

And you dare call other people on here dingbats.

Thumbs up

Fire Sparano asap.

Quinn sucks.
    Flynn can throw the ball.

sanchez will stick around for 1 more season as our #2 QB because of salary cap issues

Rex stays.

Tanny will become Jets VP of "cap-ology". And a new GM will be brought in.

We will miss both Pettine and Westhoff next year.

Tell Joe I said Hi next time you see him. He's a good man...

Jets Insider VIP
    Brady Quinn? Why don't we bring in some other flops like Leinart too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I wanted Flynn last year, he looks legit.

Sporano needs to be replaced, that is obvious, and the D will be the same since its Rex's system. Tanny should be demoted and replaced by a real football guy.

Everything sounds good to me, lets hope it's true. I am wondering if we can find a way to bring back Landry on D. That will he a huge offseason subject.
    Flynn had one good game in garbage minutes against the Lions backups. There's a reason why a 2nd round pick rookie beat him out so easily in preseason.

Quinn literally could be had for nothing and is logically not a bad choice for a backup.

I'd take Vince Young on a 1 year deal at league minimum salary over both of those clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Brady Quinn? Why don't we bring in some other flops like Leinart too?
    Quinn can actually throw the ball (unlike Leinart). Problem is he can't make reads efficiently. He's very similar to Vinny Testaverde. If we got a good OC who ran a QB friendly offense, a RB who can be a safety valve and a big receiver he might be ok.

Worked for us in 1998 and would have probably taken us to the Super Bowl in 1999 if Vinny's achilles doesn't blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Flynn had one good game in garbage minutes against the Lions backups. There's a reason why a 2nd round pick rookie beat him out so easily in preseason.

Quinn literally could be had for nothing and is logically not a bad choice for a backup.

I'd take Vince Young on a 1 year deal at league minimum salary over both of those clowns.
    Vince Young is absolute garbage. Why would you tie the Jets to him? For a guy with a lot of ideas, this is your worst yet.

If they sign Brady Quin it's because they want to start Sanchez. He is one of the very few QB's who Sanchez could legitimately beat out in an open competition. Matt Moore, Ryan Fitzpatric, Michael Vick etc would all wipe the floor with the "Sanchize."

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    If they sign Brady Quin it's because they want to start Sanchez. He is one of the very few QB's who Sanchez could legitimately beat out in an open competition. Matt Moore, Ryan Fitzpatric, Michael Vick etc would all wipe the floor with the "Sanchize."
    Vick and Fitz would self-destruct in this offense. Vick has McCoy, Bryce Brown, Desean Jackson, Maclin and Brent Celek and a QB friendly offensive playbook a la Mr. QB coddler Andy Reid. Vick's not as fast as he used to be and defenses know how to scheme him now.

Fitz had Steve Johnson who is head and shoulders above anyone Sanchez ever had the entire 2012 season and still has stats are only slightly better. Matt Moore is a career backup who can do an ok job filling in for a game or two but self-destructs anytime he goes into a season as the #1 QB on the depth chart. Both are scrubs.

Sorry boys, week 16 probably vindicated Sanchez to an extent.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 12-27-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Vince Young is absolute garbage. Why would you tie the Jets to him? For a guy with a lot of ideas, this is your worst yet.
    If you think it's a bad idea then it's probably a good one.

would be a typical half measure....hire a star GM and let him make the calls on the other things

Quinn can actually throw the ball (unlike Leinart). Problem is he can't make reads efficiently. He's very similar to Vinny Testaverde. If we got a good OC who ran a QB friendly offense, a RB who can be a safety valve and a big receiver he might be ok.

Worked for us in 1998 and would have probably taken us to the Super Bowl in 1999 if Vinny's achilles doesn't blowout.
    Quinn was let go of from Cleveland because he was inaccurate AND because he didn't have the arm for that stadium.

Oh, and is that all he needs to be "okay"? A top tier ground game, a #1 WR, a safety valve TE and a Top 3 D? Gee. Sounds like someone else I know.

If it's Quinn I give up on this organization. What a joke.

The Jet have 16 months to prepare for the 2014 draft (focus on a scouting team that has no ties to the current regime) I would trade the next 17 games for a decade with a real franchise QB

but my guess is they will have short term focus in a vain attempt to make the 2014 Metlife Superbowl, get your popcorn ready, Rex and Sanchez will be back next year

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    More than that his last NFL game was better than just about any game any Jet has every played.

31 44 480yds 70.5cmp 10.91avg 6td 1int 91.7qbr 136.4rat

That stat line in the NFL deserves a starting gig. period.
    Just throwing out two names : Scott Mitchell and our own Browning Nagle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    During the holidays i have been speaking to 2 different alumni players that still have close ties within the team. If any of you personally know methen you know who these players are.
    Anyhow from what I am told the Jets plan on bringing in a veteran QB and the names i heard were Flynn and Quinn. Either one would be in an open competition with Sanchez for starting QB. its a for gone conclusion that Tebow is gone.

The plan is that the GM situation would be in a flux and possibly change. Rex is believed to be staying for one more year.
    Both Co-ordinators will be changed.

My take on this information is it sucks if its real.. i totally believe the sources but it will blow if that happen.. by changing both Co-ordinators we make both sides of the balls systems different. now we have to deal with all the players and the higher learning curves of the systems. between that and the QB situation it will be a bad year forthe jets.

Now i dont have the answers to their problems except we need more talent in the front office and on the field... but i think this is going to just be a total farce of a season next year, after a pitiful one this year...
    Not really Tuna took the 1-15 Jets to 9-7 with new people and Sparano took the 1-15 Fins to 11-5 his first year with a new staff.. And Rex got the Jet D to number 1 his first year..
    Last edited by Savage69; 12-27-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If you think it's a bad idea then it's probably a good one.
    Dude... Vince Young and Brady Quinn? You have no right to disparage other people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Dude... Vince Young and Brady Quinn? You have no right to disparage other people's opinions.
    We should release Sanchez, sign Quinn and Young and call up Jamarcus Russell (for the second time, mind you) and see what he's up to.

This could be fun.

Flynn had better numbers than Wilson in the preseason. Flynn also torched the pats. Just because Carroll seen a greater long term potential in Wilson
    is why he went there. Same with Smith in SF, Smith was leading the league in rating and completion percentage. But he thought Kapernick gave him a better shot at the bowl long term. Kapernick did not beat him out on 'existing" performance but on the potential for a long term performance gain.

Vince Young, yep that is the guy you want to lead a huddle. You want to change the locker room dynamic, but your changing it in the wrong direction.

The best one or two year stopgap qb is David Garrard.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Flynn had better numbers than Wilson in the preseason. Flynn also torched the pats. Just because Carroll seen a greater long term potential in Wilson
    is why he went there. Same with Smith in SF, Smith was leading the league in rating and completion percentage. But he thought Kapernick gave him a better shot at the bowl long term. Kapernick did not beat him out on 'existing" performance but on the potential for a long term performance gain.

Vince Young, yep that is the guy you want to lead a huddle. You want to change the locker room dynamic, but your changing it in the wrong direction.

The best one or two year stopgap qb is David Garrard.
    Vince young isnt even on an NFL roster, not sure how anyone could think he is a good acquistion.

Flynn had a very good compeltion % this offseason and while no one knows what he can do over the course of a season, he would be such a vast upgrade over what we have now, he cannot be discounted as an acquistion. The question with him is what is the price to get him from seattle?

I wonder if the Browns would be interested in dealing colt mcoy? I have no problem with colt being the QB here while we develop a kid like Nassib from this draft.

All Pro
    The best "plan" pathetic SOJFs come up with is "bring back Parcells or Mangini!",
    so anything they are for I'm against and vice versa.

The SOJF theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v3etuIw-aM

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

During the holidays i have been speaking to 2 different alumni players that still have close ties within the team. If any of you personally know methen you know who these players are.
    Anyhow from what I am told the Jets plan on bringing in a veteran QB and the names i heard were Flynn and Quinn. Either one would be in an open competition with Sanchez for starting QB. its a for gone conclusion that Tebow is gone.
    While I'm sure this is the preliminary thoughts of some close to the organization, I don't know how anything even remotely resembling a plan can be established before a big number of things shake out. Like the post season bowls, combines, etc. And we have no idea who will be formulating the plans going forward, especially when the top guy will probably not be there.

The plan is that the GM situation would be in a flux and possibly change. Rex is believed to be staying for one more year.
    Both Co-ordinators will be changed.
    I'm sure this is most likely true. Sparano is dead man walking and Pettine probably wants to make it on his own somewhere. Not all that concerned with the Defense, TBH. Dennis Thurman would seamlessly take over. After all, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the defense as it stands right now.

Here's a good article about Ryan Pettine and Thurman and how tight they are. Sure you don't want to lose valuable guys, but you can't keep the same staff in place all the time - it gets stale.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.962086