Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: off the record information

  1. #81
    Sanchez will be the starting QB next season and have a bounce back year that includes us returning to the playoffs.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez will be the starting QB next season and have a bounce back year that includes us returning to the playoffs.
    That's my hope, rooting for it.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's my hope, rooting for it.
    10-6 next season and wildcard playoff spot

  4. #84
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,175
    Couldn't we just have 1 kick a$$ year for our team!

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    10-6 next season and wildcard playoff spot
    Sanchez has a huge opportunity to go out this season on a positive note. I just want to see fight in the kid, he should be beyond disappointment, he's got to be angry, he's got to show anger, go out with a chip on your shoulder. The Titan game was disappointing, he had a huge opportunity then to make a statement. At least this will be Edwards' third game where he should be healthy and a little more integrated in the offense. My guess is Keller could be back this week. I'm a Sanchez supporter, but he's got to show something starting this Sunday.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sanchez has a huge opportunity to go out this season on a positive note. I just want to see fight in the kid, he should be beyond disappointment, he's got to be angry, he's got to show anger, go out with a chip on your shoulder. The Titan game was disappointing, he had a huge opportunity then to make a statement. At least this will be Edwards' third game where he should be healthy and a little more integrated in the offense. My guess is Keller could be back this week. I'm a Sanchez supporter, but he's got to show something starting this Sunday.
    We'll see. Sanchez played great against the Bills in week 1 but he also had Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill both healthy.


    NFL is all about the WR's and Tight Ends. For every Brady, Bress and Manning you have studs like Gronk, Graham and Demariyous Thomas and Eric Decker constantly getting open just about every play. No coincidence the years we went to back2back AFCG we had Braylon Edwards, Healthy Keller, Tone and Cotchery.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    How can the Jets afford both Flynn and Sanchez? That would be about $15 million tied up in the QB position, right? That's a lot of money committed to a position where we don't think either are the long term answer.

    As for Quinn, no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed.... Quinn in my mind is Tebow II. If Rex stays, the D stays. We need new offense anyway.

    So I am OK with it as our options ar limited.
    Agreed... I'd rather drive bamboo chutes into my nail bed than have Brady Quinn on the Jets. Never thought he would make much of anything when he was at Notre Dame, let alone when he was drafted.... And he hasn' tyet...

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We'll see. Sanchez played great against the Bills in week 1 but he also had Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill both healthy.


    NFL is all about the WR's and Tight Ends. For every Brady, Bress and Manning you have studs like Gronk, Graham and Demariyous Thomas and Eric Decker constantly getting open just about every play. No coincidence the years we went to back2back AFCG we had Braylon Edwards, Healthy Keller, Tone and Cotchery.
    I couldn't agree with you more, it's what I've been saying all year. Sanchez has had rotating players in and out of the line-up every week all year long. Sanchez deserves some of the blame, he has regressed, but the majority of that regression is the roster he has had to play with due to injuries with key players at the skill positions.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sanchez has a huge opportunity to go out this season on a positive note. I just want to see fight in the kid, he should be beyond disappointment, he's got to be angry, he's got to show anger, go out with a chip on your shoulder. The Titan game was disappointing, he had a huge opportunity then to make a statement. At least this will be Edwards' third game where he should be healthy and a little more integrated in the offense. My guess is Keller could be back this week. I'm a Sanchez supporter, but he's got to show something starting this Sunday.
    Go out with a positive note? By what, playing well against the f'n Bills in a meaningless game??

    You're really reaching right now. He had his opportunity against the Titans when still alive for the playoffs and he failed. It's time to move on.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Go out with a positive note? By what, playing well against the f'n Bills in a meaningless game??

    You're really reaching right now. He had his opportunity against the Titans when still alive for the playoffs and he failed. It's time to move on.
    I'm not reaching, not at all, no **** this is a meaningless game, and by no means am I suggesting that if Sanchez goes out and has a good game, all is good again.

    Jesus H, some of you read and comprehend only what you and your agenda WANTS to.

  11. #91
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    I've been patient for four years and right now I don't care in Sanchez throws for 400 yards and 6 TDs this week. This team needs to bring in a legitimate starting QB (Flynn) and/or a rookie taken somewhere in the top 40 picks to make him earn every single snap he takes going forward. This crap where there is no accountability because the team has been afraid to play any of his backups is bull crap.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm not reaching, not at all, no **** this is a meaningless game, and by no means am I suggesting that if Sanchez goes out and has a good game, all is good again.

    Jesus H, some of you read and comprehend only what you and your agenda WANTS to.
    I read it pretty clearly. You wanna see him show that he bounced back, show some fight. Get angry.

    What I'm saying is, he had all season plus a 2nd chance to do that and failed. What good does it do if he does that the final game of the season with nothing on the line? It's too little too late.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I read it pretty clearly. You wanna see him show that he bounced back, show some fight. Get angry.

    What I'm saying is, he had all season plus a 2nd chance to do that and failed. What good does it do if he does that the final game of the season with nothing on the line? It's too little too late.
    I'm on board with the criticism of the Titans game, but his supporting cast was no different than any other game this year, with exception of Edwards signing on that week.

    Look, he is a QB that has struggled, I'm saying his hand dealt was complete **** all year, and it contributed to his problems, too few acknowledge this, and we can make comparisons with his play to other better known QBs in Rivers and even Eli who have had very poor seasons by their standards.

  14. #94
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    If Rex stays then the D will be the same. We need a new O and GM. Sounds like a move in the right direction.
    AGREED norv as OC a New GM bring in FRESH talent the D remains tops and Sanchez whom i know makes bad decisions the whole Tebow thing FD him up he needs an OC that lets him toss it around and we need another Back and WR to help us Red zone bell-cow style...Tebow refused to play last two games says a lot about him and his work ethic you would think the guy who always wants the rock and make plays wanted nothing but to be traded out ASAP...Sanchez is here for another year thats that

    New OC running a no huddle up tempo big play O can help Sanchez greatly just has to learn to throw the ball away and not try to be tony romo....and we need a couple cheap veterans whom can still play and bring in a NEW attitude to this lost team...Im excited for this season to over and move on but the offseason is going to be motr rxciting imo

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,753
    Yep knew it at the start of the season the suckchez fans are out already saying year 5 and he will get it. Unfreaken believable

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm on board with the criticism of the Titans game, but his supporting cast was no different than any other game this year, with exception of Edwards signing on that week.

    Look, he is a QB that has struggled, I'm saying his hand dealt was complete **** all year, and it contributed to his problems, too few acknowledge this, and we can make comparisons with his play to other better known QBs in Rivers and even Eli who have had very poor seasons by their standards.
    I want Sanchez to do well also. I also don't believe that he doesn't care or isn't a hard worker. The injuries he has had to deal with would probably have some effect on most QBs. The thing is though, in comparison, although both Rivers and Eli have had bad years by their standards, they still had better completion percentages than Sanchez (among other things); that also includes 2010 when he had a solid supporting cast.

    For the most part, he hasn't shown himself to be an accurate QB. His completion percentage has always been below average and at best, average to slightly above average in the playoffs; all while not being asked to do much (unlike someone like Luck). When I see guys like Wilson and RGIII, two rookies, who like Sanchez in his rookie year, have the support of a running game and solid defense are more efficient and less mistake prone than Sanchez was as a rookie. Maybe the reason lies in the fact that Sanchez had limited experience as a starting QB in college. I don't know.

    In order to make a definitive leap, his decision making and accuracy must improve. Although he doesn't have a weak arm, he doesn't have the arm strength to compensate for his late reads.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Yep knew it at the start of the season the suckchez fans are out already saying year 5 and he will get it. Unfreaken believable
    Hahaha -- after this season I'll believe anything.

    Hey guys, please quit comparing Sanchez to Eli. He's not all that. It's insulting.

  18. #98
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm on board with the criticism of the Titans game, but his supporting cast was no different than any other game this year, with exception of Edwards signing on that week.

    Look, he is a QB that has struggled, I'm saying his hand dealt was complete **** all year, and it contributed to his problems, too few acknowledge this, and we can make comparisons with his play to other better known QBs in Rivers and even Eli who have had very poor seasons by their standards.
    You said exactly what MDL said you said. Now you're spinning it.

    You made the Buffalo game sound like an opportunity for Sanchez to "bounce back" as if will be meaningful other than it being a meaningless game at the end of the season against a meaningless team. It will be about as meaningful as a pre-season game. Maybe even less than that.

  19. #99
    Ray Ray, I love your positivity. Lord knows this board needs more of that. But Sanchez is damaged goods beyond repair. You must see this. I guess I'm glad he's starting over Tebow. But I gotta be honest that I don't want to see him do well. I'm not a hater...I just don't want any false hope for next year. Sanchez can't start another game for this franchise. His margin of error would be 0%. Met Life would boo him mercilessly at his first completion. The vampires in the NY media would continue to portray the team as a circus and the lazy so called analysts at ESPN would run with it.

    This franchise needs a fresh start.

  20. #100
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,089
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez will be the starting QB next season and have a bounce back year that includes us returning to the playoffs.
    I think that could happen and we can pick a QB in the draft the sits a year or more while Sanchez contract expires. We will then have an option besides McElroy or FA.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us