Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: off the record information

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

off the record information

During the holidays i have been speaking to 2 different alumni players that still have close ties within the team. If any of you personally know methen you know who these players are.
    Anyhow from what I am told the Jets plan on bringing in a veteran QB and the names i heard were Flynn and Quinn. Either one would be in an open competition with Sanchez for starting QB. its a for gone conclusion that Tebow is gone.

The plan is that the GM situation would be in a flux and possibly change. Rex is believed to be staying for one more year.
    Both Co-ordinators will be changed.

My take on this information is it sucks if its real.. i totally believe the sources but it will blow if that happen.. by changing both Co-ordinators we make both sides of the balls systems different. now we have to deal with all the players and the higher learning curves of the systems. between that and the QB situation it will be a bad year forthe jets.

Now i dont have the answers to their problems except we need more talent in the front office and on the field... but i think this is going to just be a total farce of a season next year, after a pitiful one this year...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    During the holidays i have been speaking to 2 different alumni players that still have close ties within the team. If any of you personally know methen you know who these players are.
    Anyhow from what I am told the Jets plan on bringing in a veteran QB and the names i heard were Flynn and Quinn. Either one would be in an open competition with Sanchez for starting QB. its a for gone conclusion that Tebow is gone.

The plan is that the GM situation would be in a flux and possibly change. Rex is believed to be staying for one more year.

My take on this information is it sucks if its real.. i totally believe the sources but it will blow if that happen.. by changing both Co-ordinators we make both sides of the balls systems different. now we have to deal with all the players and the higher learning curves of the systems. between that and the QB situation it will be a bad year forthe jets.

Now i dont have the answers to their problems except we need more talent in the front office and on the field... but i think this is going to just be a total farce of a season next year, after a pitiful one this year...
    If Rex stays then the D will be the same. We need a new O and GM. Sounds like a move in the right direction.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

See I actually think that is the best case scenario for this team as long as we get Flynn and not the terrible Quinn.

Tanny, Sparano and Cavy need to be gone and as long as we replace Pettine with a solid guy I will be happy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

How can the Jets afford both Flynn and Sanchez? That would be about $15 million tied up in the QB position, right? That's a lot of money committed to a position where we don't think either are the long term answer.

As for Quinn, no thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    See I actually think that is the best case scenario for this team as long as we get Flynn and not the terrible Quinn.

Tanny, Sparano and Cavy need to be gone and as long as we replace Pettine with a solid guy I will be happy.
    Agreed.... Quinn in my mind is Tebow II. If Rex stays, the D stays. We need new offense anyway.

So I am OK with it as our options ar limited.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we afford Flynn while keeping Sanchez's disgusting contract?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only way Jets should get Flynn is if he's cut from Seattle so the Jets aren't on the hook for his contract and won't have to give up anything to get him

FWIW - I think Quinn was going to visit the Jets last yr (or the yr before) but cancelled and signed with KC (or Den).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge mistake if this is legit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not enough tape on Flynn to make a decision on what he is. Quinn, however, is awful and should be out of the league by now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    There is not enough tape on Flynn to make a decision on what he is. Quinn, however, is awful and should be out of the league by now.
    More than that his last NFL game was better than just about any game any Jet has every played.

31 44 480yds 70.5cmp 10.91avg 6td 1int 91.7qbr 136.4rat

That stat line in the NFL deserves a starting gig. period.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Errrrrr... I preface this with "I know this is the Jets", but wouldn't the team wait until they hired a GM before deciding which direction they are going in?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    More than that his last NFL game was better than just about any game any Jet has every played.

31 44 480yds 70.5cmp 10.91avg 6td 1int 91.7qbr 136.4rat

That stat line in the NFL deserves a starting gig. period.
    That is a great way to give out contracts and run a franchise

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think there is any way they can bring Sanchez back under any circumstance. The fans have completly turned on him. The coaches don't believe in him, nor should they. He has lost all confidence in himself, and he should. They HAVE to find some way to move him. He can not be here. If Rex has to teturn. He has to convince Norv Turner to come. The defence will be fine. The offence really is the worst Jet offence I have ever had the mispleasure to watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    That is a great way to give out contracts and run a franchise
    Hey mock me all you like but those games just don't happen by accident. I can remember Matt Schaub coming into the game on the Falcons as a backup and shredding a pretty good New England D at the time. Hell Rodgers first time coming into the game for a concused Favre he lit it up.

All I am saying is he deserves a legitimate shot at a role and I hope the Jets give him that shot next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny going should be a given. The DC was pretry much out of here anyway. Same for OC but for different reasons. Makes sense to bring in new guys if the idea is to rebuild.

I don't expect any big player additions. If anything some higher profile cuts to begin cap relief. Could care less on if Sanchez stays or goes. Won't have the money to sign a big name replacement and haven't seen much available anyway. Overpriced backup - thanks Tanny but not a lot of options at this point.

Next season will probably be rough, but I'll be ok with it IF there appears to be a plan going forward. Hoping they start with the o-line and build from there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the pettine change isn't that big a deal. It's rex's D anyway, thurman will prob be made DC, and pettine will prob try to move on so he can run a D on his own and start building a HC resume.

A new OC is a given, no prob with that

Tebow gone is a given too

The quinn talk is hopefully wrong, he is not good. I'm not convince about flynn either

new GM is good

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quinn sucks and Sanchez is ruined. Whoever came up with this plan should be terminated immediately. And we all know the new d coordinator will be Dennis Thurman. This plan should cause a revolt.

This team needs to play in front of empty seats opening day next year if they don't make the appropriate changes across the board.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 12-26-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Errrrrr... I preface this with "I know this is the Jets", but wouldn't the team wait until they hired a GM before deciding which direction they are going in?
    Plus a million

First...fire Tannenbaum Sparano and Teblow

Second..hire a football Tsar and let him decide on the HC Assistants and scouting staff

Until then NO Flynns. NO Quinns..NO Shmiins

NO Moores...NO Lesses

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Absolutely agree, Quinn is not an NFL QB and IMO is worse then Tebow because he cannot run.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy with that.

Flynn and Quinn are both decent names. I don't believe they'll ever win a SB for the team. However, even if they come to town, there isn't enough talent to win a SB on the rest of the team.

So anyone thinking that we'll win a championship next season is crazy and delusional. This will be a rebuilding process, at least in the short term.

I would suggest two other names for QB, though. What about Matt Moore or Drew Stanton? I don't know what their contract situations look like, but they'd both be nice and cheap additions to the team. Anyone of them IMO would beat out Sanchez for the starting job.

Trading or cutting Tebow is what is best for both parties.

Whether Tanny gets the axe or not I think is a win win. IMO Tanny deserves one more season to try and get things right. Even if he kept his job, oversight would have been in order.

So if Woody opts to bring in another GM, or specifically that guy MacCagnan that did so much good or the Texans organization? Or even better, Tanny stays on as a capologist and a new GM is hired? That's a home run.

That would definitely depend on if the GM and Tanny could co-exist?

Keeping Rex is a great decision. Rex has done a lot of good for this organization. How soon people forget two consecutive AFC Championship games? If you give him the horses, he will get the most out of them. And besides, has everyone forgotten how hard it is to get a decent HC? Everyone is passing it off as though great HC's grow on trees.

We could end up hiring a f*cking Herm Edwards clone.

Pettine only gets replaced because he's choosing to leave, not because Rex wants him gone. Sparano NEEDS to be fired. He did NOTHING for this offense.

This could result in the Jets being a much better team, at least I think it's good possiblity.

Not trying to argue with you, Murph. I just think this could work out for the better.