Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: off the record information

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah this pretty much guarantees that either we promote from within or hire a substandard candidate.

No LEGITIMATE candidate is going to come here and be forced to keep the same coaching staff, front office, and scouting department.

That's like saying Tanny is the ONLY person to blame for this entire debacle.

Only the Jets.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm remember his contract situation, Flynn could be had on the cheap.

The Hawks owe him a fairly sizeable ($3-$5 Million) bonus come spring and chances are they will cut him.

The guy will be coming off a year where he didn't play and made a huge chunk of money - so money may not be his primary motivation if he is cut and becomes a free agent.

I could see him signing with a team where he thinks he'll start (i.e. a competition against an awful QB like Sanchez) and take a reasonably priced, short term deal.

Of course, all this is for naught if the Hawks don't cut him.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mother talks to Mrs. Tannenbaum.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quinn is laughable.......

New coordinators is a must. Sporano is awful and Pettine is useless with Rex in place.

GM- Tanny needs to leave the building to attract a new candidate worthy of the position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    If I'm remember his contract situation, Flynn could be had on the cheap.

The Hawks owe him a fairly sizeable ($3-$5 Million) bonus come spring and chances are they will cut him.

The guy will be coming off a year where he didn't play and made a huge chunk of money - so money may not be his primary motivation if he is cut and becomes a free agent.

I could see him signing with a team where he thinks he'll start (i.e. a competition against an awful QB like Sanchez) and take a reasonably priced, short term deal.

Of course, all this is for naught if the Hawks don't cut him.
    He is not owed any roster or WO bonus.

He signed a 3 year 19mill contract with a 6 mill signing bonus. 4mill was also guaranteed, his first years salary of 2 mill and 2 mill of his 2nd years salary of 5 mill. His third years salary is 6 mill. If he is cut the hawks will take a 6 mill hit vs the 7mill cap hit for keeping him. They are not going to get another back up for 1mill. There is no problem with keeping him as the starter only makes 600,000 per year. if he is traded to the jets, the hawks only take a 4mill hit as the jets will be responsible for his salary guarantee of 2 mill. He will hit the jets cap for 5mill but will most likely require a 3rd to pry him from the hawks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like people are turning on mcelroy awful fast. sunday was absolutely no indication how he will play going forward. he was sacked 11 times and the oline just didn't pick up the blocks. the receivers were worse than they have been all season. it's plenty clear the offense was mailing it in.

not saying mcelroy should be annointed but he needs to be given a shot especially if the jets bring in such unknowns as quinn and flynn. these guys may be better but at the same time until the jets oline and eceivers get their act together they will be toast. sanchez? trade for a draft pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Errrrrr... I preface this with "I know this is the Jets", but wouldn't the team wait until they hired a GM before deciding which direction they are going in?
    This!

This is all BS and speculation. Even this organization must understand if you're in a new GM search, all personell decision (especially QB) will be on hold until that new GM is hired.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    sounds like people are turning on mcelroy awful fast. sunday was absolutely no indication how he will play going forward. he was sacked 11 times and the oline just didn't pick up the blocks. the receivers were worse than they have been all season. it's plenty clear the offense was mailing it in.

not saying mcelroy should be annointed but he needs to be given a shot especially if the jets bring in such unknowns as quinn and flynn. these guys may be better but at the same time until the jets oline and eceivers get their act together they will be toast. sanchez? trade for a draft pick.
    McElroy is not a starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady Quinn and Mark Sanchez?..jesus.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Brady Quinn and Mark Sanchez?..jesus.
    No I hear they are cutting Tebow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If true, then I guess we're f*cked until Woody either croaks or sells the team.

It's time to cut the crust off this sh*t sandwich.

Tannenbaum shouldn't be kept around in any capacity. Sparano should be axed immediately. Sanchez should be traded for a 7th or flatout cut if we receive no takers. Eat the cap hit and move on for f*ck sake.

The new GM should then decide Rex's fate. You can forget about Polian or any big name up-and-comer like Gamble, DeCosta, etc coming here if they know they'll have no choice in who the HC is and Tannenbaum is still lingering around.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats one heck of a difference: Quinn or Flynn

I think the front office should call and make a strong effort to trade for Flynn. there will be competition for Flynn this offseason, perhaps KC could be in play for him. If they decide that Smith isn't worth the #1 spot then a trade for Flynn would be perfect for them.

Of course we still have AZ and Buffalo picking ahead of us so its unlikely that Smith or Wilson will fall to us. I just cannot imagine this franchise going into next year with Sanchez, McElroy, and Brady Quinn as their options at QB.

If that is the case, we will be in the running for the number one pick next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of this is horsesh!t. This team is a mess and the people who created it, are keeping their jobs? WTF? Another 6-10 patch job, bullsh!t moves instead of getting rid of the problems.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    During the holidays i have been speaking to 2 different alumni players that still have close ties within the team. If any of you personally know methen you know who these players are.
    Anyhow from what I am told the Jets plan on bringing in a veteran QB and the names i heard were Flynn and Quinn. Either one would be in an open competition with Sanchez for starting QB. its a for gone conclusion that Tebow is gone.

The plan is that the GM situation would be in a flux and possibly change. Rex is believed to be staying for one more year.
    Both Co-ordinators will be changed.

My take on this information is it sucks if its real.. i totally believe the sources but it will blow if that happen.. by changing both Co-ordinators we make both sides of the balls systems different. now we have to deal with all the players and the higher learning curves of the systems. between that and the QB situation it will be a bad year forthe jets.

Now i dont have the answers to their problems except we need more talent in the front office and on the field... but i think this is going to just be a total farce of a season next year, after a pitiful one this year...
    If this turns out to be accurate, I sure as hell hope that it's Flynn and not Quinn coming in here. Shame to hear that Sanchez will likely be brought back (you aren't the only one with sources who's said this) - but it's what we all really knew what would happen when we settled down and looked within.

Blah.

I'm getting ready for 2014.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes lets pass on a good QB class to get Brady friggen Quinn. That will fix the problem. lol Got I hope you full of it other wise this really is the dumbest team in the NFL. Flynn is a total wash. If he get cut that should tell you how much of a nothing this guy is. I'd actually would rather Quinn. lol Either one would be like saying yeah lets get a guy making 7 mil that hasn't done more then any of the 3 guys that failed last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Plus a million

First...fire Tannenbaum Sparano and Teblow

Second..hire a football Tsar and let him decide on the HC Assistants and scouting staff

Until then NO Flynns. NO Quinns..NO Shmiins

NO Moores...NO Lesses

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    It may take you a little longer than some others but it is good to see that you got there in the end.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted Flynn last year, he looks legit.

Sporano needs to be replaced, that is obvious, and the D will be the same since its Rex's system. Tanny should be demoted and replaced by a real football guy.

Everything sounds good to me, lets hope it's true. I am wondering if we can find a way to bring back Landry on D. That will he a huge offseason subject.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yes lets pass on a good QB class
    Are you high?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If we are in a situation where Rex Ryan oversees a competition between Brady Quinn and Mark Sanchez, I quit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    If we are in a situation where Rex Ryan oversees a competition between Brady Quinn and Mark Sanchez, I quit.
    There is no parole.