Thread: Early playoff predictions

Early playoff predictions

We need a non-Jet thread amidst all the negativity and drama surrounding this team. How does everyone think the seeding plays out in each conference? My guess:

1. Broncos
    2. Pats
    3. Texans
    4. Ravens
    5. Colts
    6. Bengals

I'd definitely think the Bengals would be a live underdog going into a struggling Texans team, that would have upset potential. Of course this would all be contingent on the Colts with nothing to play for (although they should go all out) beating the Texans in week 17. Ravens-Colts game would be terrible and an almost certain blowout win for Baltimore.

1. Falcons
    2. Packers
    3. Niners
    4. Redskins
    5. Seahawks
    6. Bears

Once again, likely would be one blowout wildcard round game (Niners crushing the Bears), and one very intriguing one, RG3 v. Wilson in a battle of rookie QBs. I think Seahawks would be a slight road favorite and probably win.

In the above scenario, I'd say early SB pick would be Seahawks/Packers v. Broncos. As long as it's not the Pats or Giants, I'm cool with it, ha.

Early prediction:

NY Jets will not get a sniff of the playoffs.

Game over.

LOL

Boy did this season suck a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We need a non-Jet thread amidst all the negativity and drama surrounding this team. How does everyone think the seeding plays out in each conference? My guess:

1. Broncos
    2. Pats
    3. Texans
    4. Ravens
    5. Colts
    6. Bengals

I'd definitely think the Bengals would be a live underdog going into a struggling Texans team, that would have upset potential. Of course this would all be contingent on the Colts with nothing to play for (although they should go all out) beating the Texans in week 17. Ravens-Colts game would be terrible and an almost certain blowout win for Baltimore.

1. Falcons
    2. Packers
    3. Niners
    4. Redskins
    5. Seahawks
    6. Bears

Once again, likely would be one blowout wildcard round game (Niners crushing the Bears), and one very intriguing one, RG3 v. Wilson in a battle of rookie QBs. I think Seahawks would be a slight road favorite and probably win.

In the above scenario, I'd say early SB pick would be Seahawks/Packers v. Broncos. As long as it's not the Pats or Giants, I'm cool with it, ha.
    The NFC is all about home field. The Falcons and Seahawks are diffreent teams home and away. I think the Falcons will be awfully tough in the dome and they are my pick. Hawks are everybodys wise guy pick but I dont see them going through Wash/Dallas then GB then Atl.

Falcons over Pats in the SB

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    The NFC is all about home field. The Falcons and Seahawks are diffreent teams home and away. I think the Falcons will be awfully tough in the dome and they are my pick. Hawks are everybodys wise guy pick but I dont see them going through Wash/Dallas then GB then Atl.

Falcons over Pats in the SB
    I'm not going to disagree with your statement about the NFC, but I don't rate the Falcons homefield advantage as highly as a cold weather team or even a dome team like the Saints (have been in years past). I think the Seahawks can run their offense well in Atlanta if that is the matchup. Also, unless the 6 seed upsets the Niners, Seahawks would go to Atlanta before going to GB.

The Pats homers around here may not want to hear this, but the Pats are showing serious cracks and no longer AFC faves. Not sure if the matchup will happen, but I'd be a bit more than slightly concerned if they get stuck playing in the wildcard round with the Bengals coming into Foxboro. Who covers AJ Green? And what if the Bengals d-line can get a little pressure on Brady early and disrupt some rhythm?

I got to think the Texans will beat the Colts on Sunday. This game means a lot more to Texans.

All Pro
    I'm not going to disagree with your statement about the NFC, but I don't rate the Falcons homefield advantage as highly as a cold weather team or even a dome team like the Saints (have been in years past). I think the Seahawks can run their offense well in Atlanta if that is the matchup. Also, unless the 6 seed upsets the Niners, Seahawks would go to Atlanta before going to GB.

The Pats homers around here may not want to hear this, but the Pats are showing serious cracks and no longer AFC faves. Not sure if the matchup will happen, but I'd be a bit more than slightly concerned if they get stuck playing in the wildcard round with the Bengals coming into Foxboro. Who covers AJ Green? And what if the Bengals d-line can get a little pressure on Brady early and disrupt some rhythm?
    I was thinking Bengals lose to Patsies, who then travel to Denver, where Manning finally gets one over on Brady.

This falls into the "who cares" file, but I'll play because I'm bored.

Super Bowl: Denver vs. Green Bay

Denver wins

The pats are no longer the favorites. But I am not concerned at all with Cinci being able to keep up. Remember the pats are a totally different type team with Gronk. BB rested a lot of players last week, playing the starters on D much fewer snaps. Last week was only the 2nd time all year that all 5 lineman played together. Cunningham is coming back this week which helps some too. But I would not read too much into a lackluster perfomnce in jacksonville as much of an indicator. They are not as good of a team as the guys who blew out Houston and they are a better team that played the 1st half against the 9ers

The Pats defense last week played without Talib (mostly) and Dennard, the starting corners. When healthy, they allow McCourty to move to safety, and the whole scheme, while not great, becomes much more serviceable. They also played without Spikes on the inside, and of course Gronk. All are expected back for the playoffs.

Denver is deservedly the AFC favorite but the Pats have already beaten Denver and Houston this season, and have as good a chance as anyone to pop out of the AFC, especially if they can squeak out a bye on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The pats are no longer the favorites. But I am not concerned at all with Cinci being able to keep up. Remember the pats are a totally different type team with Gronk. BB rested a lot of players last week, playing the starters on D much fewer snaps. Last week was only the 2nd time all year that all 5 lineman played together. Cunningham is coming back this week which helps some too. But I would not read too much into a lackluster perfomnce in jacksonville as much of an indicator. They are not as good of a team as the guys who blew out Houston and they are a better team that played the 1st half against the 9ers
    I don't think I would take the Bengals in that matchup, but the Pats recent history against teams with good Ds in the playoffs is not great. 2010 we took you guys out, 2011 the Giants did (after the Ravens severely limited your offense and should have probably won). I'm just saying Cincy would be more of a live underdog in that game than people think. And you know Vegas would give the game a ridiculous spread and everyone would just dismiss the Bengals chances to even be competitive. In 2 of the last 3 playoff games the Pats played where those were the circumstances (Jets and Ravens games, they did beat Denver in that scenario), they lost.

Pats are still capable of making a playoff run, but I just don't like their D right now regardless of the personnel they've lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Pats defense last week played without Talib (mostly) and Dennard, the starting corners. When healthy, they allow McCourty to move to safety, and the whole scheme, while not great, becomes much more serviceable. They also played without Spikes on the inside, and of course Gronk. All are expected back for the playoffs.

Denver is deservedly the AFC favorite but the Pats have already beaten Denver and Houston this season, and have as good a chance as anyone to pop out of the AFC, especially if they can squeak out a bye on Sunday.
    Bye would be huge for the Pats. Having to go into Denver and win after what might be a tough first round matchup against the Bengals would be a difficult ask. For some reason, I think the Pats may luck out and the Texans will completely collapse this week to the 3 seed.

I'd like to see Texans-Seahawks- two up and coming teams that have NEVER won a SB before. This week, all I care about is the Gi-ants missing the playoffs- if I had a preference, I'd like to see the Vikings get the 6 seed but the Bears have an easier game this week. Assuming the Giants don't make it, I'll focus on rooting against NE (obviously), GB, Denver, and SF- I'd like to see some non-big name teams do well for a change.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Wont happen but I would like to see .....

Bungles and Seahags

All League
    AFC Championship: New England @ Denver

Winner----> Denver at home.

NFC Championship: Seattle @ Atlanta

Winner----> I'm taking the Seahawks. They are my team this year, not backing off.

Super Bowl: Broncos vs. Seahawks

SEAHAWKS as the champs. This team is dangerous. They can put up 50 on ANYBODY. Difference is, they also play defense.