Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Fitzpatrick for NYJ QB?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    we are trying to get better not say the same
    This move would make the team better, it wouldn't make them a Super Bowl favorite (which I think we can agree is not realistic for 2013) but it'd hold them over for a season while they rebuild the rest of the roster.

I would say Fitzpatrick is a mediocre QB. Sanchez is less than mediocre.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Unfortunately we already have a jag QB on the roster who is going to cost us a fortune whether he's here or somewhere else. Better the Devil u know than the devil you don't . If we're going to stink, throw Sanchez to the wolves and hope they're not hungry.
    No we don't even have a JAG on the roster, if we did we probably would be in the playoffs. They need to avoid Sanchez at all costs. That ship had sailed.

I would much rather sign a Fitzpatrick or Moore and draft a QB to come in the middle of the season depending how it goes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no

fitzpatrick is odonnell part ii.

its time to get decent qb in here once and for all.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I would much rather sign a Fitzpatrick or Moore and draft a QB to come in the middle of the season depending how it goes.
    Exactly, Fitzpatrick would be the stopgap to the real future QB. We might not have a guy ready to take over long term by opening day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I don't see the point in arguing Fitzpatrick v. Sanchez since they both stink but you have to be realistic about the defenses both QBs have played with over the last few years. Not to mention head coaches they've played under. I'm not sure Sanchez would have ever exceeded 4-12 playing with the Bills defenses of the past few years.

There are more to team wins than the QB position.
    you also have to account for the skill position players on Buffalo vs. what we've had the past 2 years.

i'll take Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Scott Chandler, David Nelson and Brad Smith any day of the week over what we have.

Fitzpatrick's just as bad as Sanchez in terms of turnovers, but with a much weaker arm.

just say no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    No we don't even have a JAG on the roster, if we did we probably would be in the playoffs. They need to avoid Sanchez at all costs. That ship had sailed.

My question is how are u going to eat sanchez's contract, pay this Jag u want to bring in and the Rookie QB u are going to draft and improve the team in free agency .

Sanchez has to be the Jag next yr.The hope has to be that the player we draft is capable of outdueling him in camp forcing him to the bench.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    My question is how are u going to eat sanchez's contract, pay this Jag u want to bring in and the Rookie QB u are going to draft and improve the team in free agency .

Sanchez has to be the Jag next yr.The hope has to be that the player we draft is capable of outdueling him in camp forcing him to the bench.
    Rookie QBs aren't too expensive on the cap. Luck is a 4 million hit this season I believe and we won't be picking first. Fitz will be coming off getting cut and won't be bringing in much money.

Hopefully we make a little cap room by cutting some of our stiffs (Scott, E. Smith) and it wouldn't be a big problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez and Gmac are both better than Fitzharvard

Teblow is worse than Fitzharvard

well, actually, Teblow is worse than just about any NFL quarterback in league history

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sanchez and Gmac are both better than Fitzharvard

Teblow is worse than Fitzharvard

well, actually, Teblow is worse than just about any NFL quarterback in league history
    Neither are better than Fitzpatrick. Every year he's been in the league Fitzpatrick has been better than Sanchez statistically. Basic stats and QBR.

And McElroy might be worse than Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    not even a contest

GMAC at least played college football

and even with Sanchez the Jets made Fitzharvard look like the JAG he is in game one this season

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    not even a contest

GMAC at least played college football

and even with Sanchez the Jets made Fitzharvard look like the JAG he is in game one this season
    College football? I guess if that's what we're going by Tebow is a star.

Fitzpatrick did get killed by the Jets. Mediocre QBs have bad games. Fitzpatrick is a mediocre QB.

Sanchez is less than mediocre.

McElroy is less than Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Say it with me

DRAFT...A...QB!
    Yeah we may need a new punt blocker

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    In 2010, one of Mark's two best seasons, Fitzpatrick was significantly better.
    In 2011, probably the best season for Sanchez, Fitzpatrick was still slightly statistically better.

In 2012, obviously an awful year for Sanchez, Fitzpatrick was much better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say it with me

DRAFT...A...QB!
    Our roster is devoid of any QB talent. We need two QBs, We can get Fitzpatrick and draft one to develop as well (Tyler, Glennon, whatever). That will put us in much better shape than we are now and give us the picks we need to draft an OLB, OT, OG, WR. One is not enough we need a vet and a rookie.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Our roster is devoid of any QB talent. We need two QBs, We can get Fitzpatrick and draft one to develop as well (Tyler, Glennon, whatever). That will put us in much better shape than we are now and give us the picks we need to draft an OLB, OT, OG, WR. One is not enough we need a vet and a rookie.
    Exactly, and it wouldn't be as expensive as it sounds under the new CBA.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    J A G !!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is WRONG with people !?!?!?!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    An 83 quarterback rating stop-gap with a positive TD-turnover ratio to hold us over while we develop a rookie.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say it with me

DRAFT...A...QB!
    even if we draft a QB, they still should go out and get another QB..and fitzpatrick would b improvement over sanchez....noy saying they should go all out to get him, but if they cant sign somebody else...he would do ..as long as they dont give him a 3 year deal or something stupid like they did with sanchez