Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Fitzpatrick for NYJ QB?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    The stats aren't far off Fitzpatrick's. The Raiders invested a lot in Palmer through that trade. Don't think they're gonna give up on him yet. And certainly not for Mark Sanchez, California guy or not.

In my opinion he'd be a more expensive Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the trade would be unlikely anyway.
    Also factor in that the Raiders have endured numerous blowouts this season and Palmer has racked up serious numbers in the 2nd halves of games while his team was down multiple scores. His poor play early on always puts the Raiders in a deficit. Advanced metrics consider him to be a bottom 10 QB this season, which is more reflective of how he has played than his base numbers. I don't want him anywhere near our team, he's past his prime and only likely to get worse

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    DUMP
    Would you take Jay Cutler for a year? Matt Stafford?

Fitzpatrick has better stats than both of them this season. And on a less talented team.

He's right there with Eli Manning with stats this season. Obviously Eli is having an off year but the point is Fitzpatrick is a viable option to hold down the position for a season in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick?? Are you f**king kidding? I'll put a torch to MetLife before I see that POS in a Jets' uniform.
    i'll be there alongside you, fanning the flames.

hell, i might just jump into the blaze if this really happens

Fitzpatrick has better stats than both of them this season. And on a less talented team.

He's right there with Eli Manning with stats this season. Obviously Eli is having an off year but the point is Fitzpatrick is a viable option to hold down the position for a season in 2013.

sorry, but you're beyond clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i'll be there alongside you, fanning the flames.

hell, i might just jump into the blaze if this really happens
    Having a better year statistically than Stafford (who has CALVIN JOHNSON), but if I said we could sign him cheap for one season people would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    sorry, but you're beyond clueless.
    The Jets have MARK SANCHEZ. I already said I'd rather have Flynn or draft a QB. If those two don't happen what would be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick? Send Greg McElroy out there again to stare down receivers? Let Michael Vick break his ribs in week 2?

Base numbers look OK, but factor in that Fitzpatrick like Palmer has compiled numbers in garbage time and simply murdered his team with awful turnovers in closer games when every play mattered. Advanced metrics tell a very different tale about the type of seasons Fitzpatrick and Palmer have had (compared to the other guys you have mentioned)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Base numbers look OK, but factor in that Fitzpatrick like Palmer has compiled numbers in garbage time and simply murdered his team with awful turnovers in closer games when every play mattered. Advanced metrics tell a very different tale about the type of seasons Fitzpatrick and Palmer have had (compared to the other guys you have mentioned)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr
    Glad you posted this. Still looks like he is a significant upgrade to Sanchez for a season, and he still has a better QBR than Philip Rivers, who I've seen multiple threads about here hoping San Diego gives up on him.

Still feel like after Flynn and a rookie, Fitzpatrick is the best option. Financially and on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    He is better than ButtFumble but that isn't saying much.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Say it with me

DRAFT...A...QB!
    But are we drafting a QB to start right away?? I mean I would think the plan is to sign a JAG QB like this and let the rookie sit and develop. Or compete for the job in camp.

Ten times worse? Right.

I'm not saying sign him to a huge contract like the Bills did. One year deal, give him the chance to start. If you think Alex Smith or Michael Vick will come here and make less money than Mark Sanchez that's not going to happen.

Unless they draft a QB a guy like Fitzpatrick makes the most sense.
    I would settle for him or Moore at qb next year.

We are rebuilding...

And I do think like you said they are servicable qbs on bad teams..

And I think our QB position is what makes us a bad team..

I could live with it as long as we drafted one..

Vick would want cash and probably would get injured and even if healthy how much longer can he play with his style??

come on, stop already.

Jets Insider VIP
    DUMP

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you posted this. Still looks like he is a significant upgrade to Sanchez for a season, and he still has a better QBR than Philip Rivers, who I've seen multiple threads about here hoping San Diego gives up on him.

Still feel like after Flynn and a rookie, Fitzpatrick is the best option. Financially and on the field.
    I agree with you that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but you can tell from this thread that it woud not be a popular or easy to sell move to our fanbase. I think Moore would be a better fit for journeyman QB if that is the approach we take next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is better than ButtFumble but that isn't saying much.

No.
    No he is NOT. He can't even win 7 games/year. I know we are all down on Sanchez but let's be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    No he is NOT. He can't even win 7 games/year. I know we are all down on Sanchez but let's be realistic.
    I don't see the point in arguing Fitzpatrick v. Sanchez since they both stink but you have to be realistic about the defenses both QBs have played with over the last few years. Not to mention head coaches they've played under. I'm not sure Sanchez would have ever exceeded 4-12 playing with the Bills defenses of the past few years.

There are more to team wins than the QB position.

Fitzpatrick can't throw the ball down field... PFF had his stats when throwing the ball over 10 yards in the air as laughably bad. Much of what Buffalo does is with the short passing game, I think a reason why we match up so well against them.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    But are we drafting a QB to start right away?? I mean I would think the plan is to sign a JAG QB like this and let the rookie sit and develop. Or compete for the job in camp.
    Unfortunately we already have a jag QB on the roster who is going to cost us a fortune whether he's here or somewhere else. Better the Devil u know than the devil you don't . If we're going to stink, throw Sanchez to the wolves and hope they're not hungry.

All League
    we are trying to get better not say the same

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    we are trying to get better not say the same
    Believe it or not, the best way for the Jets to get better is to hope and pray Sanchez gets better.