Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: Ryan Fitzpatrick for NYJ QB?

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ryan Fitzpatrick for NYJ QB?

    He's expected to be done in Buffalo so he could be an option at quarterback next year. I'm not saying he's a long term answer but he's only 30, knows the division well, and has played well at times with the Bills.

    I could see him doing well here as a stopgap at quarterback until better options emerge for us in the future...

    Edit: Some stats to back it up--


    Fitz: 61.4 Cmp % - 3,175 yards - 23 TD 16 INT - 82.9 Rating

    Mark: 54.8 Cmp % - 2,678 yards - 13 TD 17 INT - 67.9 Rating
    Last edited by jetsfan789; 12-26-2012 at 12:58 PM.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just draft a QB for f*ck sake

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO WAY!!! He could be worse than Sanchez. We have owned him his whole time in Buffalo. NO THANKS !!!!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way he sucks and this is coming from a good friend of mine who loves the Bills and is from Buffalo!

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    He's expected to be done in Buffalo so he could be an option at quarterback next year. I'm not saying he's a long term answer but he's only 30, knows the division well, and has played well at times with the Bills.

    I could see him doing well here as a stopgap at quarterback until better options emerge for us in the future...
    FUKK NO

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    NO WAY!!! He could be worse than Sanchez. We have owned him his whole time in Buffalo. NO THANKS !!!!
    Disagree on this one , Gibby.

    Fitzpatrick is MUCH better than Sanchez & always has been.
    He is just on a really crappy team. He throws the ball 100 times better than Sanchez. Watch on Sunday.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a joke, your serious.

  8. #8
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    NO WAY!!! He could be worse than Sanchez. We have owned him his whole time in Buffalo. NO THANKS !!!!
    Worse than Sanchez? No.

    Fitz: 61.4 Cmp % - 3,175 yards - 23 TD 16 INT - 82.9 Rating

    Mark: 54.8 Cmp % - 2,678 yards - 13 TD 17 INT - 67.9 Rating

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has to be a joke

    The idea is to get the QB position better

    NOT TEN TIMES WORSE

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan Fitzpatrick?? Are you f**king kidding? I'll put a torch to MetLife before I see that POS in a Jets' uniform.

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    This has to be a joke

    The idea is to get the QB position better

    NOT TEN TIMES WORSE
    Ten times worse? Right.

    I'm not saying sign him to a huge contract like the Bills did. One year deal, give him the chance to start. If you think Alex Smith or Michael Vick will come here and make less money than Mark Sanchez that's not going to happen.

    Unless they draft a QB a guy like Fitzpatrick makes the most sense.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that in Cimini's article as an option too, although I can't imagine the Jets doing it. Teams are often influenced in terms of free agents by how the particular player has performed against them, and Fitzpatrick has had some real doozies against us. Although if Tannenbaum and Rex are removed, maybe that is not a consideration.

    I don't want him though. Bad arm and too many turnovers. He's a gunslinger packing a water pistol

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Disagree on this one , Gibby.

    Fitzpatrick is MUCH better than Sanchez & always has been.
    He is just on a really crappy team. He throws the ball 100 times better than Sanchez. Watch on Sunday.
    I guess to say he is worse than Sanchez is a bit of an exaggeration. I have seen him play plenty though. Rex and his defence always seems to make him look real bad. He is just nowhere near the top of my list of guys to bring here. Just my opinion.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering out loud, what do you think the chance would be that they trade Sanchez for a QB like Carson Palmer?
    From the Raiderís viewpoint, Carsonís been a complete failure for they havenít won many games with him at the helm. So iím sure their front office is ready to move on. Sanchez, the California kid, may appeal to them marketing-wise. He too has a huge contract so maybe thereís a chance that they can arrive to some financial agreement.
    ( Iím no cap guru, so if thereís someone who can provide some insight, please do so.)
    Stat wise, Palmer has had respectible year.
    If we had a QB with such stats, weíd be in the playoffs.

    CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT FUM QBR RAT
    345 565 61.1 4,018 7.11 22 14 5 44.7 85.3

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    HELL NO!!

    You have to be phucking kidding.

    /DUMP!!!!

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say it with me

    DRAFT...A...QB!

  17. #17
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I guess to say he is worse than Sanchez is a bit of an exaggeration. I have seen him play plenty though. Rex and his defence always seems to make him look real bad. He is just nowhere near the top of my list of guys to bring here. Just my opinion.
    Ideally if the Jets had a guy they really liked in the draft they'd bring him here. But as far as quarterbacks who will be available outside the draft he's near the top of my list. Smith and Vick are the two "big names" but will have offers from teams other than the Jets and aren't going to come here to make less than Sanchez.

    Flynn is my top choice but I just can't see the Seahawks swapping Flynn for Sanchez. In a small sample size Flynn has been good. In a larger sample size, Sanchez has been bad.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Say it with me

    DRAFT...A...QB!
    or 2

  19. #19
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Stat wise, Palmer has had respectible year.
    If we had a QB with such stats, weíd be in the playoffs.

    CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT FUM QBR RAT
    345 565 61.1 4,018 7.11 22 14 5 44.7 85.3
    The stats aren't far off Fitzpatrick's. The Raiders invested a lot in Palmer through that trade. Don't think they're gonna give up on him yet. And certainly not for Mark Sanchez, California guy or not.

    In my opinion he'd be a more expensive Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the trade would be unlikely anyway.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,607
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us