Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Fitzpatrick for NYJ QB?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    DRAFT A QB, PERIOD.

Hell...DRAFT TWO QBs, PERIOD.

Enough with the signing of "Vets". The only times that THIS worked were when we first signed Vinny and then Favre(pre-injury) later on...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    is it sad that I would totally be fine with the Jets spending every pick in the draft this year on a QB? although I don't like the class this year .

and HELL NO to Fitzpatrick. although he is better than Mark

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no

fitzpatrick is odonnell part ii.

its time to get decent qb in here once and for all.
    Like who?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draft a QB? Absolutely. Draft a QB and start him right away without adding about 6 other offebsive pieces? Absolutely not.

Realistically, there probably isn't a QB that is available through free agency or the draft that is going to propel us any where significantly by just adding then. Jets need a fantastic draft and some creative moves in free agency to get back to playoff caliber next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I guess to say he is worse than Sanchez is a bit of an exaggeration. I have seen him play plenty though. Rex and his defence always seems to make him look real bad. He is just nowhere near the top of my list of guys to bring here. Just my opinion.
    Wait.
    THAT post I agree with 100%.

But nobody here should imply IN ANY WAY (including a certain SG3 poster) that Sanchez is a better quarterback RIGHT NOW than Fitzpatrick, cuz its just not true.Go watch game films. Its not even close.

Sure, there may be 20 other NFL QB's who I would prefer for us for next year, but Sanchez is in NO WAY better than Fitzpatrick right now...
    Thats simply not an accurate statement.
    Last edited by Baddniss; 12-27-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know there's an anti vet QB opinion in this thread, but given his murky future in Oakland, what would you guys think about Carson Palmer ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    I know there's an anti vet QB opinion in this thread, but given his murky future in Oakland, what would you guys think about Carson Palmer ?
    He's no Vinny.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    I think Fitz is as good as Palmer, and factor in that he knows the division. Would probably be cheaper too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone who doesn't think this Fitzharvard thread is a joke kindly post up t his HOFer's career W/L and postseason stats as a starter for the Toronto Bills

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Can someone who doesn't think this Fitzharvard thread is a joke kindly post up t his HOFer's career W/L and postseason stats as a starter for the Toronto Bills

What are the Jets options? There's no Bradys or Mannings out there in free agency and if there were, they wouldn't want to come to this organization.

The top two free agent quarterbacks will be an expensive system QB in Smith and an injury waiting to happen in Vick. Rather than draft a QB and hand him the job from the day 1 like we did Sanchez (a competition with Sanchez would be the equivalent of the competition with Clemens-nonexistent) give him a veteran to compete with.

So who better than a guy who is familiar with the AFC East, throws for over 3,000 yards a season (Sanchez didn't), throw at least 20 TDs (Sanchez didn't) and throw less interceptions than touchdowns (Sanchez didn't).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen all those garbage stats generated by being behind and throwing again a soft prevent defense.

How about Buffalo career wins/losses and postseason stats??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One Question..

With all this upside to him why don't the Bills just keep him??

Can't they see what you guys see..?? After all they were the ones who gave him the nice extention..

Just curious..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    One Question..

With all this upside to him why don't the Bills just keep him??

Can't they see what you guys see..?? After all they were the ones who gave him the nice extention..

Just curious..
    Because there's no long term future with Fitzpatrick. He'd be here as a short term fix until a rookie is ready to step up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Buffalo would like a trade.

One **** QB for another.

Captain check-down Fitzpatrick would make the same Jet fans who hated Pennington towards the end of his tenure here puke in their soup. He's Pennington without the accuracy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Maybe Buffalo would like a trade.

One **** QB for another.

Captain check-down Fitzpatrick would make the same Jet fans who hated Pennington towards the end of his tenure here puke in their soup. He's Pennington without the accuracy.
    his arm is the same as Pennington's.

everything else is much, much worse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    Because there's no long term future with Fitzpatrick. He'd be here as a short term fix until a rookie is ready to step up.
    +1

IMO, whoever is the QB for the Jets in 2013 is just a stop gap, and not the future. The team is certainly going to go through some transition in 2013, most likely with a new GM, OC, and maybe HC. A low cost vet makes sense for next season, and Fitz should be just that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we're in the market for a Buffalo QB, I'll take Tarvaris Jackson. Kid got a raw deal in Minnesota and had a decent season last year for Seattle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Disagree on this one , Gibby.

Fitzpatrick is MUCH better than Sanchez & always has been.
    He is just on a really crappy team. He throws the ball 100 times better than Sanchez. Watch on Sunday.
    Couldnt disagree more. Fitz has yet to have 1 good game in his entire freakin career against an upper level defense. Look at his stats the last two years game by game and you will see exactly what I mean. Sanchez has performed in the past against better defenses, especially in the playoffs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Couldnt disagree more. Fitz has yet to have 1 good game in his entire freakin career against an upper level defense. Look at his stats the last two years game by game and you will see exactly what I mean. Sanchez has performed in the past against better defenses, especially in the playoffs.
    Sanchez definitely had his moments here and he did perform soundly in those playoff games and the big wins we had in 2010 but look at the here and now.

Sanchez this season threw half as many touchdowns as he did in 2011, and if he has a bad day Sunday it could end up worse than his rookie season.

At least Fitzpatrick can say he has thrown more touchdowns than interceptions in his career, something Sanchez can't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Let's take the failed QB of the Division Doormat.

Instant Super Bowl contenders!

I know what the stats say, but I'll take Sanchez over Fitzy every single time.