Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: good article on the tebow being selfish thing

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    He didn't quit on the team, and there is no proof that he did. He and Rex Ryan had a private conversation without any witnesses. After all the lies Coach Ryan has told this year, I believe Tebow over him any day. And guess what - I don't have to choose since even Coach Ryan doesn't claim that rumor is true.

How about you stick to the FACTS next time instead of writing fairy tales.
    So wait....you said that Rex is a liar and in the same paragraph you basically believe him when "Ryan doesn't claim that rumor is true".
    Contradict much???

If he's lying about everything else, why would he not lie about claiming the rumor was untrue?

I don't get what the point of this thread is. Do Tebowites feel that he has some kind of a moral right to play QB if Sanchez is benched? It's the job of the coach to decide who plays. Period. Whether he's "nice" or does everything that's asked of him - that doesn't mean he automatically gets to play if the starting QB goes down. There's a lot of nice guys that try really hard who don't get to start. There are no participation ribbons in the NFL. Maybe the coach is right, or maybe he's not - but I'm pretty confident he's not doing it to be "mean".

You can say Rex is stupid for not playing him (for which I'd strongly disagree) - but there's nothing classless about a HC deciding who starts at QB...

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    I don't get what the point of this thread is. Do Tebowites feel that he has some kind of a moral right to play QB if Sanchez is benched? It's the job of the coach to decide who plays. Period. Whether he's "nice" or does everything that's asked of him - that doesn't mean he automatically gets to play if the starting QB goes down. There's a lot of nice guys that try really hard who don't get to start. There are no participation ribbons in the NFL. Maybe the coach is right, or maybe he's not - but I'm pretty confident he's not doing it to be "mean".

You can say Rex is stupid for not playing him (for which I'd strongly disagree) - but there's nothing classless about a HC deciding who starts at QB...

It's not about him being "nice", or having great character, or being a Christian, or anything along those lines.

It's more to do with some of the things that Suzy spelled out; that he was told that he'd be the #2 when they traded for him, that Rex has said time and time again that he's the #2, that Rex stated that if Sanchez went down to injury, that Tebow would be the one to replace him.

In short, since he's been here, Rex has stated repeatedly that he's the #2 and that they had faith in him, so, I think it's normal that some of us would have expected him to get the start over McElroy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tick Tock

Have a good life Timmy wherever you.go next

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Tick Tock

Have a good life Timmy wherever you.go next

His life will be fine, don't you worry your pretty little mind about that

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So wait....you said that Rex is a liar and in the same paragraph you basically believe him when "Ryan doesn't claim that rumor is true".
    Contradict much???

If he's lying about everything else, why would he not lie about claiming the rumor was untrue?
    Objection your honor! Badgering the witness! LOLz. Splitting hairs, Vin. You know what i meant. But let me clarify for our fans:

Since Rex doesn't claim Tebow refused to play, one doesn't even have to choose between their statements. If Rex and Tebow had different accounts, I would believe Tebow over Rex because Rex has lied many times this year, and Tebow has not. Oddly, people who purport to believe in Rex's honesty don't seem to believe him when he says Tebow did NOT refuse to play.

Hi SG3, how y'all doing? BTW, a "yawl" is a yacht or schooner - I don't want you to be embarrassed next time you tease me.

All my kisses to Vin though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Posting up something from Bleacher Report as a legitimate news article was bannable at one point a few years ago. It has all the integrity of an Incarcerated Bob tweet. All long-time posters know that. But hey, anything to promote an agenda. It's the Christian thing to do.
    tell me where i said it was legitimate I believe I said it was a good article.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Does the OP know that "bleacher report" is merely a site where fans sign up under different names and then type whatever bullsh-t article they want where they can then bring it to forums like here and act like it's legit?

BAN THE OP for believing that we're all THAT stupid and gullible.

Heck, Ban renegade for being so far up Teblow's brown-eye he can see out of his mouth.....
    yes i know anyone can post what does that have do with someone writing a good article...........writing good articles is not only the job of journalist hell most of us read blogs same difference.

All Pro
    No need to.ban renegade...

He'll be heading to Jagwires.com or some other place with his beloved Timmy on Monday

nah i will be here posting videos of tebow starting and throwing for td's on the jags next year well your qb suckchez is on the browns bench holding a clipboard.

All Pro
    Maybe Tebow should either learn to throw, or learn to block, rather than learning to be selfish. Pretty sure they did promise him to be the backup QB, but then he got here, and was so horrible that they just couldn't put him on the field. Sorry Tebow, but maybe you should complain to God about the lack of talent he gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    yes i know anyone can post what does that have do with someone writing a good article...........writing good articles is not only the job of journalist hell most of us read blogs same difference.
    Hahahaha! Renegade, don't you know that the preferred SOJFs articles cite "rumors" that are later "confirmed" as fact by anonymous "legitimate" contacts, whose names will never be released to the public? And then another "journalist" will regurgitate the first article as "fact", and that article will lead to another, and that clue will lead to another, and another .... oops I think I'm confusing this last part with a movie

so let's see: Jets get panned by almost everyone for bringing in Tebow. They say He's no good, it will create a distraction, it won't help.

Now the jets skip over Tebow and get panned for doing it because tebow is, basically, a nice guy who works hard. This happens to about 500 players every season.

Believe it or not, the Jets learned Tebow was a mistake and are in the process of rectifying the situation. that's a good thing to get rid of the distraction. shouldn't have happened in the first place. but it did and now they are fixing it.

Jets Insider VIP
    What will really be great

Demos Suzy renegade daballhawk and the entire Teblow cult probably won't even need the internet or any sort of electronic device to laud and worship their idol Timmy when he is third string next season to Henne and Gabbert.

They can all probably just shout really loud single wide to single wide and can easily hear each other above the noise of the hounds and chickens without all that newfangled dang electricity stuff

I really don't get how the battle lines are being drawn in this thread? One side defending the Jets and saying Rex Ryan and the CS owed Tim Tebow nothing. The other side arguing that Tim Tebow did not deserve to be passed after Mark Sanchez was benched.

Did it ever occur to any of you that you're both right?

Tim Tebow was a bad acquisition, period. The Jets had their plans for him. They certainly didn't get him for sh*ts and giggles. They had a plan. Unfortunately, that plan never came to fruition.

Now, the Jets are trying to make things right. They already know Tim Tebow does not fit into their future. So whwy play a guy that is not part of their future?

They'll trade Tebow during the offseason and it is what is best for both parties. This is also not a matter of who is right. Unfortunately, there isn't any right or wrong in this. Both parties are wrong AND they are right.

My only thought on this issue is that Tebow could still be a huge part of the Jets future if he'd be willing to give up this QB obsession. Tim Tebow would be a great full-time Fullback. He would be Mike Alstott with big play ability. It's just that Tim Tebow still thinks he's a QB. In the end, that is what disappoints me about the whole Tebow fiasco.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Well jPoppy, unlike your scenario, Tebow didn't beg the Jets to trade for him and list him as the active backup QB for nearly the whole season. But I'll play your little game.

jPoppy, under the following circumstances I can see why you thought you'd be the starting QB. After all, IF:

If all season long Rex Ryan told you, your teammates, the media and the fans that you're the legitimate #2 QB - and then he benches the #1 QB - you'd be correct to believe you get to start.

If you were the active #2 QB even with 2 broken ribs, and Coach Ryan told you, your teammates, the media and the fans that he didn't dress McElroy because YOU had gotten the reps that week as #2 QB and knew the plays and McElroy didn't, then YOU are absolutely correct to believe you get to start if #1 QB is sidelined.

If Coach Ryan tells you, the team, the media and the fans that if #1 QB Sanchez gets hurt YOU will come in to replace him and play the usual traditional offense instead of the wildcat, then you are correct to believe you'd start if #1 is benched.

I can provide you with links to the press conferences etc where Rex has made these statements and many similar statements over the course of this season.

Rex Ryan effing lied to Tebow and everyone else until the lie became so obvious that even the most trusting of souls, Tim Tebow, could no longer believe it. Man up and admit it.

So to answer your original question jPoppy, sure you can play. Rex Ryan totally deserves to have YOU as starting QB.
    Suzy thank you for posting, your posts are always insightful, poignant and spot on. I often try and do the same however the Tebow haters are like my 10 year old, no matter how logical you are you will not change their minds. I await to watch Tim play for JAX and will enjoy his success and will look back at our sorry organization and I will wonder what if.

Jets Insider VIP
    tell me where i said it was legitimate I believe I said it was a good article.
    That you did. Presumably what made it good to you was that you felt it had some legitimacy, no? Clearly you didn't share it because you thought it was a good story that made you all warm and fuzzy, right? Or did you simply post it because it was written well (in your opinion)?

Jets Insider VIP
    Enough with the holy roller Tebow crap... If he was able to beat the other two out, he would have been playing, if he lit it up going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason he has a arguement, he did not, he sucks at the conventional QB in the modern NFL. He would have been ok in the 30's and 40's, but that is it. In his last reg. season game in Denver, Tebow finished 6 of 22 for 60 yards and added 16 yards on six carries.

Bewildered Beast
    I thought it was interesting. Definitely some dogmeat for Tebow fans; I see many specks of cereal in that "blog post". Not a "Good article" as much as it is well-crafted slander of two respected football coaches.

Tebow might be able to will teams to victory; but NO WAY does Rex burn down the Jets to run the Timmy O. Not happening; obviously.

Bewildered Beast
    What will really be great

Demos Suzy renegade daballhawk and the entire Teblow cult probably won't even need the internet or any sort of electronic device to laud and worship their idol Timmy when he is third string next season to Henne and Gabbert.

They can all probably just shout really loud single wide to single wide and can easily hear each other above the noise of the hounds and chickens without all that newfangled dang electricity stuff
    Please desist from antagonizing the Tebow fans. 4 more days. A request from me, please.

No use discussing a guys character who won't be here in a week.