Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: good article on the tebow being selfish thing

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Please desist from antagonizing the Tebow fans. 4 more days. A request from me, please.

No prob WCO

Can I keep the countdown clock ticking?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No prob WCO

Sure.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    so let's see: Jets get panned by almost everyone for bringing in Tebow. They say He's no good, it will create a distraction, it won't help.

Now the jets skip over Tebow and get panned for doing it because tebow is, basically, a nice guy who works hard. This happens to about 500 players every season.

Believe it or not, the Jets learned Tebow was a mistake and are in the process of rectifying the situation. that's a good thing to get rid of the distraction. shouldn't have happened in the first place. but it did and now they are fixing it.
    So lets see, it took the Jets 2 draft picks to learn he was a mistake and the way they say it was a mistake was by the way he practices? Then the Jets are idiots, everyone knew Tebow has a history of being a poor practice player, that was a known. But this idiot organization could not figure out what Denver did last year, tweak you offense for him and win 7 of 8 games end the season under his direction at 7-4 and go 1-1 in the playoffs.

So no they fixed nothing, they have no clue how to fix it. Their answer was get rid of something that takes intelligence, versatility, flexibility and smarts to become winners. Lets just KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Its the Jet way. It was to complicated for these simpletons, just to hard, REX is simple minded and does not have the intelligence to make it work, thats what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    Bleacher Report article by a Tebow fan. He's a nice guy but the Jets didn't treat him poorly because he had "too much class."
    If he showed anything, anything, Rex would have played him. Not being a good practice player is not a good excuse, you need to show something. I hope he gets a chance with another team, seems like a decent guy, but he sucks as a QB and will wind up in the CFL at best.

T-minus 4 days until ucrenegade leaves for the Jags forums...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    That you did. Presumably what made it good to you was that you felt it had some legitimacy, no? Clearly you didn't share it because you thought it was a good story that made you all warm and fuzzy, right? Or did you simply post it because it was written well (in your opinion)?

Actually I posted because I thought it was a good article on how the season is going and it was better than if I wrote it.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    It's not about him being "nice", or having great character, or being a Christian, or anything along those lines.

It's more to do with some of the things that Suzy spelled out; that he was told that he'd be the #2 when they traded for him, that Rex has said time and time again that he's the #2, that Rex stated that if Sanchez went down to injury, that Tebow would be the one to replace him.

In short, since he's been here, Rex has stated repeatedly that he's the #2 and that they had faith in him, so, I think it's normal that some of us would have expected him to get the start over McElroy.
    How about the fact Rex had every bit of intention of playing him until he say him trying the Jet playbook. Rex is allowed to change his mind after seeing Tebow running practice. You've never thought someone was going to be with you for life until you got to know them and thought different. Rex found out the hard way just why Denver wanted to get rid of him. Rex also found out just how lucky Tebow was in that game against the Jets. (ie Lennard just missing a game ending safety. If we even had an average QB and not a turnover machine Tebow mania dies before it even gets started and Denver never even makes the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    My only thought on this issue is that Tebow could still be a huge part of the Jets future if he'd be willing to give up this QB obsession. Tim Tebow would be a great full-time Fullback. He would be Mike Alstott with big play ability. It's just that Tim Tebow still thinks he's a QB. In the end, that is what disappoints me about the whole Tebow fiasco.

And THAT, right there, is the crux of the problem.

Nobody apparently has told Tebow that he would need to play a new position apparently....OR if they had, he basically told them to piss off.

He does have the capability of being an FB like Alstott which would go a long way toward cementing his career/legacy. But because he'd rather be a QB(which he sucks at), he'll most likely end up a sad footnote in the "What-if" annals of NFL history of one who was too stubborn to know what was good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    So lets see, it took the Jets 2 draft picks to learn he was a mistake and the way they say it was a mistake was by the way he practices? Then the Jets are idiots, everyone knew Tebow has a history of being a poor practice player, that was a known. But this idiot organization could not figure out what Denver did last year, tweak you offense for him and win 7 of 8 games end the season under his direction at 7-4 and go 1-1 in the playoffs.

So no they fixed nothing, they have no clue how to fix it. Their answer was get rid of something that takes intelligence, versatility, flexibility and smarts to become winners. Lets just KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Its the Jet way. It was to complicated for these simpletons, just to hard, REX is simple minded and does not have the intelligence to make it work, thats what happened.

OP posts "good article" and then links us to Bleacher Report. Try again. NO PLAYER is ever guaranteed to play. Tebow isn't getting a chance because he sucks and is selfish. If he wants attention maybe Tebow should run around the field on Sunday with his shirt off.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    OP posts "good article" and then links us to Bleacher Report. Try again. NO PLAYER is ever guaranteed to play. Tebow isn't getting a chance because he sucks and is selfish. If he wants attention maybe Tebow should run around the field on Sunday with his shirt off.
    JaxSuzy would love that.

Forget being QB. Teblow would probably have better luck becoming a Chippendale's dancer or something.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    How about the fact Rex had every bit of intention of playing him until he say him trying the Jet playbook. Rex is allowed to change his mind after seeing Tebow running practice. You've never thought someone was going to be with you for life until you got to know them and thought different. Rex found out the hard way just why Denver wanted to get rid of him. Rex also found out just how lucky Tebow was in that game against the Jets. (ie Lennard just missing a game ending safety. If we even had an average QB and not a turnover machine Tebow mania dies before it even gets started and Denver never even makes the playoffs.
    Yeah jets play book is so complicated run Greene up middle for 2 yds second down overthrow or under throw a 3 yd pass or pick 6 third down needing 8 pass for 6.5 yds punt. Yep I am sure that was way to complicated for tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hopefully the Jaguar playbook is simple enough for Timmy to remember some of the plays

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No prob WCO