Thread: I wish we could just erase everything and start over

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish we could just erase everything and start over

This team just feels tainted. And the organization just seems as if it's in shambles. We need entirely new faces at the QB position, and we need to shake up the coaching staff. Im sick of all of this attention we are receiving. Give me back the teams that had Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, Martin, Chrebet, Green, Coleman, Moss.

At one point this fan base was so great that the wait list was about 30 years, and Fireman Ed was a guy that we looked forward to seeing [Most of us, atleast] Now, you see so many seats empty because of the rising costs mixed with lack of any positive direction.

What is the plan for this entire thing? Where do we go from here? Do we still have false hope in the players we have on offense? Surely we can't go into a season with Chaz Schillens and Hill as our main guys along with Santonio.

I like Rex Ryan the person, but I don't want a coach that lies to protect his players. Stick up for them when the media and the fans are wrong, but call them out when the time is right. You waited 16 weeks to pull a struggling QB who has literally gotten worse as he gains more experience.

As an organization you trade a 4th round pick on a novelty item who IS NOT EVEN USED when he would most likely be effective. If that wasn't a PSL move, I don't know what is, quite frankly.

Take pages out of the books of some great teams in this league. It starts with the ugly positions, then you work your way up. Find some lineman, find some OLB'ers [Lord knows we need pass rushers on the edge] and draft a QB early. If he's not as polished as you like, that's where you have your QB coach teach him what to do. Let's face it, Mark Sanchez has digressed. It's a shame, too. I really, really thought he was a good QB hhe first two seasons. Not so much anymore..

So, im ready to forget about this ****ty, ****ty, season. Im looking forward to April, and before that, learning our draft spot, so I can get a head start and see who is available.

If Rex remains [Which I think he will] I hope he learns something from this year and does not play personal favorites. Do what's in the best interest of your team, and not for ticket sales. Because you can have Jerry Rice in his prime, but if the team is lost and can't win a game....no one will go.

rant over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You realize that the organization has never had more success than in the "Rex Ryan Era" right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    This team just feels tainted. And the organization just seems as if it's in shambles. We need entirely new faces at the QB position, and we need to shake up the coaching staff. Im sick of all of this attention we are receiving. Give me back the teams that had Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, Martin, Chrebet, Green, Coleman, Moss.

At one point this fan base was so great that the wait list was about 30 years, and Fireman Ed was a guy that we looked forward to seeing [Most of us, atleast] Now, you see so many seats empty because of the rising costs mixed with lack of any positive direction.

What is the plan for this entire thing? Where do we go from here? Do we still have false hope in the players we have on offense? Surely we can't go into a season with Chaz Schillens and Hill as our main guys along with Santonio.

I like Rex Ryan the person, but I don't want a coach that lies to protect his players. Stick up for them when the media and the fans are wrong, but call them out when the time is right. You waited 16 weeks to pull a struggling QB who has literally gotten worse as he gains more experience.

As an organization you trade a 4th round pick on a novelty item who IS NOT EVEN USED when he would most likely be effective. If that wasn't a PSL move, I don't know what is, quite frankly.

Take pages out of the books of some great teams in this league. It starts with the ugly positions, then you work your way up. Find some lineman, find some OLB'ers [Lord knows we need pass rushers on the edge] and draft a QB early. If he's not as polished as you like, that's where you have your QB coach teach him what to do. Let's face it, Mark Sanchez has digressed. It's a shame, too. I really, really thought he was a good QB hhe first two seasons. Not so much anymore..

So, im ready to forget about this ****ty, ****ty, season. Im looking forward to April, and before that, learning our draft spot, so I can get a head start and see who is available.

If Rex remains [Which I think he will] I hope he learns something from this year and does not play personal favorites. Do what's in the best interest of your team, and not for ticket sales. Because you can have Jerry Rice in his prime, but if the team is lost and can't win a game....no one will go.

rant over.
    When did he lie?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    You realize that the organization has never had more success than in the "Rex Ryan Era" right?
    And since those two years I thought we wouldn't be terrible for a long time. The ship has gone off course. There is too much negativity and hatred between everyone on this team.
    Last edited by SBIII; 12-26-2012 at 06:40 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    When did he lie?
    The guy lies through his teeth after the game and during pressers. He says everything with a smirk. He will never admit if Sanchez played poorly. He will never answer why he doesn't play Tebow. He will never admit that he was flat out wrong about a lot of things.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy lies through his teeth after the game and during pressers. He says everything with a smirk. He will never admit if Sanchez played poorly. He will never answer why he doesn't play Tebow. He will never admit that he was flat out wrong about a lot of things.
    What purpose is there for him to say it if it's clear? Just because he doesn't say it doesn't mean he knows it. Does he say "Sanchez was great" in a game where he sucked. No. THAT would be lying.

As for the Tebow thing, it is now more clear than ever that Woody wanted him for tickets and Rex did not want him at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a perfect world, Rex realizes Sanchez is killing the team, goes to Tanny/Woody and gets them to find a non-turnover-machine to come in, compete in practice, and perhaps win the job. The Jets have never been serious about making Sanchez compete for his job for four straight years. McElroy is a product of this failed system reaching the tipping point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

rant over.
    Wish in one hand and **** in the other- See which one fills up first!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    what do you consider 68 and 69

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ed is an absolute gentleman. But losing "Fireman Ed" is addition by subtraction.

We should also change the jerseys/pants/helmets to the Broncos/Vikings style.