Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Sparano and Tannenbaum will be gone and not Rex

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're probably right.

The dysfunction will continue.
    To be perfectly honest, I go back and forth about firing Rex. Am I pissed at him and some of his BS? Yes, but I don't want to change the HC for just anyone. Some want everyone gone, and I understand that. But when is this franchise going to have some stability? So I am in favor of firing Rex, but only for a Cowher or Peyton. I'm tired of changing the entire staff every 4 yrs. I've been a fan for over 44 yrs, it's getting sickening.
    Last edited by ken shroy; 12-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I'm sorry that my post is "virtually unreadable" Shakespeare. I'm sure that your one sentence per paragraph structure is grammatically correct. With the multitude of sentence structure errors and punctuation errors I don't think you should be criticizing others on grammar. And I really apologize that you can't read something that nobody else has ever complained about on this site. Here is a suggestion to help you; Hooked on Phonics.

Also, Rex has only made one staffing error since he has been here and that was Sparano. All of the defensive coaches he brought in have led to a top 10 defense each year. When he first got hired he didn't get the opportunity to begin with his own offensive staff, they were already in place. If you're going to suggest firing him for one staffing error then at least give the guy credit for the coaches he brought in that have worked out. But why would you do that, it's obvious you have a "fire Rex" agenda just like many others. Because starting over every 4 years has worked great the past 43 years.
    I agree with you except, Rex did make one other staffing error, Matt C.
    HE NEEDS TO GO NOW!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I go back and forth about firing Rex. Am I pissed at him and some of his BS? Yes, but I don't want to change the HC for just anyone. Some wnat veryone gone, an I understand that. But when is this franchise going to have some stability? So I am in favor of firing Rex, but only for a Cowher or Peyton. I'm tired of changing the entire staff every 4 yrs. I've been a fan for over 44 yrs, it's getting sickening.
    As have I.

IMO Rex is not HC material. His ceiling is a very good to excellent DC.

A great point. People don't realize how well respected and liked Rex is around the league.Even BB said as much at one of his pressers this year.It doesn'y mean Rex doesn't have his faults. He's got a big mouth, and needs to edit himself better, like a politician

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    A great point. People don't realize how well respected and liked Rex is around the league.Even BB said as much at one of his pressers this year.It doesn'y mean Rex doesn't have his faults. He's got a big mouth, and needs to edit himself better, like a politician
    Problem is, he's incapable of doing that. He's a Ryan.

I have a hard time believing that Rex even let an assistant propose such a thing to the GM. he got away from using the wildcat in the previous year and it was not even his idea, but David Lee's. When Lee left for college it went with him.

I am no savant by any means, but I never understood how how he was going to be used except in short yardage situations. Every time he enters the field the D also subs, For this reason only, I always assigned the blame to Woody. I can not believe that a NFL coach would think that such a thing would be effective.
    Throw in Rex's comments about it being a gimmick and that was one of the reason's Smith was not re-signed.

I don't think Rex should be fired as I don't believe you want to straddle a new HC with a team with so many holes and no cap room. Rex benefited from all these contracts 3 and 4 years ago, let him live with the fallout now.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Please BB may think Rex is the best Def coach of all time, or the worse. You will never know by what he said at a press conference. Every team is well coached, with talented players and the pats will have to be at thier best to be competitive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    I agree with you except, Rex did make one other staffing error, Matt C.
    HE NEEDS TO GO NOW!!
    Cavanaugh came in 2009. He was a Schotty/Tanny pick. At that point Rex had no say in the offensive assistants. He was a brand new head coach with only a defensive pedigree. There is no way they allowed Rex to hire the QB coach. Does he still need to go? The grass isn't always greener.

If we get a new GM I would be in favor of Rex getting a sit down to explain why he should be retained while others are let go.
    If Rex can convince the new GM he deserves another opportunity to get it right then he stays. Woody needs to stay out of the matter and leave the decision in the hands of the new GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    If we get a new GM I would be in favor of Rex getting a sit down to explain why he should be retained while others are let go.
    If Rex can convince the new GM he deserves another opportunity to get it right then he stays. Woody needs to stay out of the matter and leave the decision in the hands of the new GM.
    this

and Rex needs to agree that the new GM will have final say on any of his new staff

complete and final say on any draft picks

NO MORE

I want the terminator

or

Westhoff picked that guy

crapola

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Any new GM who thinks Rex should stay and continue to be a HC should be fired immediately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Any new GM who thinks Rex should stay and continue to be a HC should be fired immediately.

another troll post from this vermin

Banned
    Who gives a sh*t what you think? Go back to cheatriotfans.com

I was listening on the radio and people are questioning whether based on total W-L record that they can fire him. I don't think they can. My suggestion is the same as two before. Get a Gm in and have him sit down with Rex to see if they can come to something.

MT's kiss of death was extended Sanchez.. Terrible deal he gave him for no reason... He doubled down on his bad pick and he lost big.. He didnt do anything for WRs...

Passing over Braylon in offseason because they said hes more problem than solution.. but then go running after him after the season is hanging on a thread.. Stephen Hill was not a good pick.. Maybe he will be 1 day but it was obvious from the program he came from he was not going to be ready for NFL this year.. And we are a win now team that needed imediate ready NFL wideout..

Also dont understand why people blame Rex for bringing in Sparano.. I know HC pick their assistant but do they have the final say? no.. Especially that we know rex's huge strongsuit is D, O not so much.. You would think the GM, or whoever would assist Rex is picking Offense assistants, wht else are they doing?? Im glad Rex has the say on drafting D guys.. I wasnt sure about Mo or Coples.. But Mo has turned into great pick now, and Coples is starting to look good..

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Actually, I just read a report that bringing Tebow was a Rex/Tannenbaum decision.
    No, it was actually a Woody and Tannenbaum decision. Rex went along with it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    All 3 wil be gone in 5 days.
    You keep saying that as if you somehow know this to be true. What will you say when you turn out to be wrong?

All Pro
    You should be fired from posting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Teblow goes first

Then his cult

Then Tannenbaum

With the place fumigated on Monday the Jets can move along and start on getting things fixed for the future

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Teblow goes first

Then his cult

Then Tannenbaum

With the place fumigated on Monday the Jets can move along and start on getting things fixed for the future

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Then why did you vote to keep them both (Rex and Tanny) in the poll?